Login

russian armor

The great Veterancy Balance thread

5 Sep 2018, 08:44 AM

Considering how much our imput seems to be valued and used during the Commander Revamp patch, and seeing how there are many complaints about veterancy spread all across the forum, I thought it would be a good idea to create one big summary. The team might be able to use it in future patches.

Complaints can range anywhere from bad vet1 abilities, lackluster combat bonusses, to simply too high requirements.

I will occasionally review the thread and add all reasonable posts/suggestions to the opening post.
I will collect them in the post below this one.

Please reply in detail:
  • Unit (faction)
  • Current veterancy (only what is relevant)
  • Problem (add reason why it's a problem)
  • Proposed solution

P.S.: you can use the following mods to easily figure out the exact veterancy bonusses:

Examples:
Unit: King Tiger (OKW)
Current veterancy: Vet1: Combat Blitz (ability). Vet3: Spearhead (ability)
Problem:
(1) Combat Blitz is rather useless for the King Tiger. Unit performance is lacking. Spearhead is a good ability that greatly improves combat performance, but reaching vet3 is pretty hard.
(2) Veterancy requirements for the King Tiger are too high, especially since it comes on the field very late. It barely ever reaches above vet2.
Proposed solution:
(1) Replace vet1 with Spearhead ability. Move combat blitz to vet3 and increase its duration.
(2) Reduce veterancy requirements, at least for vet1 to vet3.

5 Sep 2018, 08:44 AM

Overview of all veterancy suggestions in spoilers below:
Updated 05-09-2018

OKW

OSTHEER

SOVIETS

USF

UKF

5 Sep 2018, 15:43 PM

Unit: KV2 (Soviet obviously)
Current veterancy: Vet 1 Cap (Ability) Vet 3 Mobility increase
Problem:
Giving the kv2 a capping ability is for the most part useless as it's stationary most of the time. Mobility is also for the most part not that useful since it's a slow piece of shit

Proposed solution:
Make vet 1 either range increase or gives increased penetration, it struggles against most things as it is right now.
Vet 3 should be a sight range or accuracy buff. So it actually feels useful to vet it up.
5 Sep 2018, 18:08 PM

Is there any way anyone could dump the xp veterancy requirements here?
5 Sep 2018, 18:33 PM

Is there any way anyone could dump the xp veterancy requirements here?

That would indeed be very useful, seeing as most on my own conclusions on this are based on general experience with the units.
5 Sep 2018, 20:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I made a post like this once. Nothing was taken from it and taken into the patch notes. More importantly is they have been very unclear about what can actually be changed here. This is a "commander revamp", yet we see balance changes like giving royal engineers snares, yet we ignore certain other OP aspects of the game. I have no idea what is even plausible for suggestions because of this.
5 Sep 2018, 20:45 PM

My suggestion to OKW vet.

Make them vet 3 like everyone else so their vet isnt so ridiculously hard to balance. Then balance the vet out from there.

Also some vet stats would be nice so we can see which units are actually problematic.
10 Sep 2018, 04:45 AM

My suggestion to OKW vet.

Make them vet 3 like everyone else so their vet isnt so ridiculously hard to balance. Then balance the vet out from there.

Also some vet stats would be nice so we can see which units are actually problematic.

I dunno, I find grenadiers horribly balanced as well, and they are only 3 vets.
10 Sep 2018, 14:27 PM

For OKW there's a few things they could do to balance their vet and still keep it unique and in line with the game. They could have the standard 3 levels of stat vet and add 2 active abilities so that they are not passively superior but have a higher skill ceiling. Alternatively they could simply spread out the 3 levels of vet across 5 levels making the net gain the same as other factions would have but the benefit from earning them slightly sooner. Sorta like the way Ost battle phases SHOULD be applied. Half steps with small boons..
10 Sep 2018, 14:33 PM

The majority of EFA vet bonuses and abilities are common across unit and do not serve the role of the unit.

For instance armor for stugs is not a good bonus neither is mobility for the KV series.

Many unit should start with lower stat at vet 0 but have bonuses and abilities that fit their intend role, this unit would hen become better to play with and against since they will become better in their role gradually.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★