Login

russian armor

Cosmetic change - Replacing Gren models with weapon crew.

5 Sep 2018, 01:58 AM

As the title says, this is just a simple cosmetical change.

I actually did this a long time ago in my mod:

- Running to a trench
- Hanging around a trench
- In a Church

I even requested a custom icon by the creator of the CoH2 Avatars and Icons guide on Steam, so props to him.

Anyhow, my reason for this is that I'm really... "tired" of the current Grenadier models and their weird looking camo, which doesn't fit in with the rest of the Army in my opinion, plus the Arty officer's retinue are using the same weapon crew models and I think they look better and fit in more than the all camo-ed Gren models that are currently in use. At least the Panzergrenadiers have the same pants as the rest of the units.

Well, that's about it, thanks for reading in advance and have a nice day.
7 Sep 2018, 01:08 AM

Looks solid, I would like this too but seeing the state of the game I do not think Relic gives a shite.. The Grenadiers look really silly honestly.
7 Sep 2018, 05:31 AM

That looks horrible...

The current camo is Splittertarnmuster. It looks great and is historically accurate. Out of all the concerns regarding Grenadiers, their appearance is definitely not one of them for me. In fact, they're probably the best-looking baseline infantry in the game because of it.
7 Sep 2018, 13:24 PM
Benefactor 355

That looks horrible...

The current camo is Splittertarnmuster. It looks great and is historically accurate. Out of all the concerns regarding Grenadiers, their appearance is definitely not one of them for me. In fact, they're probably the best-looking baseline infantry in the game because of it.

Pretty much.
7 Sep 2018, 16:44 PM

I think both look pretty bad, unfortunately.

One of my favorite things in CoH1 was compiling skins to make everything look as good as possible. I miss that level of customization, and I really miss having randomized skins for infantry and vehicles. That looked especially awesome with Germany's mish-mash of uniforms and camo types.
7 Sep 2018, 17:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I do think the current Grenadier model looks good, but it probably isn't historically accurate for the average infantryman to have a full suit of Splittertarn. So I'd be fine with the change you proposed. However, I don't think we're going to see any model changes for infantry, simply because everyone has gotten used to the current models so much.
7 Sep 2018, 17:22 PM

I think its 6 years too late to suggest changing infantry skins.
7 Sep 2018, 17:51 PM
Donator 11

Well, yeah, grenadiers in their pyjamas look more like a kindergarden than army. Still the crew doesn't look all that good either.

Fusiliers look quite sensible though and they actually were just renamed grens so a swap in camo between them could make sense.
7 Sep 2018, 18:25 PM

Well, yeah, grenadiers in their pyjamas look more like a kindergarden than army.

KINDERPARTY
7 Sep 2018, 18:38 PM

I do think the current Grenadier model looks good, but it probably isn't historically accurate for the average infantryman to have a full suit of Splittertarn. So I'd be fine with the change you proposed. However, I don't think we're going to see any model changes for infantry, simply because everyone has gotten used to the current models so much.

What would be nice is for us to have summer models of the Osttruppen but with helmets, since I actually prefer their uniforms the most because of the extra stuff on the back.
7 Sep 2018, 18:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What would be nice is for us to have summer models of the Osttruppen but with helmets, since I actually prefer their uniforms the most because of the extra stuff on the back.

Without the POA badge, though :D
7 Sep 2018, 18:53 PM

Without the POA badge, though :D

Genau, with for the Osttruppen, without for the Grenadiers.

Field caps just look all around weird for me, same goes for the German Officer, Soviet Engineers and mortar crews, British officer and commandos and so forth.
7 Sep 2018, 19:38 PM

We should be able to change cosmetic skins ourselves for our own end with any skins we like just like in coh 1 non steam version.

I have no idea why Relic allows no custom skins you can use in automatch why should it matter what skin i use if i'm the only one that can see it?

Charging for vehicle skins as well is nothing but a failed attempt to money grab.
10 Sep 2018, 10:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would say fix the rest of the non-working stuff before changing the working stuff, if at all. Things like the American flamethrower, german half-track, and infantry animations in general needs some looking at. Those were all broken with patches somewhere down the line (all the footage from 2013 is bugless)
10 Sep 2018, 11:07 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not the first thread about models discussion. Most of the bugs i have collected in the QoL list and Andy know about it.
I don't agree with the statement like "It was for 6 years, so let it be. People become accustomed to it". A lot of UI mistakes was in the game since 2013, and got fixed in community patches since 2017. But it is strongly scoped with modding tools restrictions (once again). Here is some unused models in the game. One of them i used for my suggestion about penals to change them into regular soviet Strelky (Riflemen).
https://www.coh2.org/topic/59641/graphical-design-suggestion-about-penals

I am for changing winter uniform for Grenadiers, but summer variant looks fine and, as stated before, historical accurate.
On the other hand, it changed model stack perfectly with new Ostheer commander abillity. Regular grenadiers can be like this:

And "sergant" 5th man get Splittertarn from vanilla grenadiers with scoped G43. Looks cool for me.

Icons and portraits isn't problem. Here is a lot of artists, who can prepare UI stuff for it.

Source for the grenadiers image: https://www.coh2.org/topic/53691/which-infantry-models-would-you-change-if-you-could
28 Sep 2018, 01:54 AM

The Splittertarnmuster used by the Grenadiers in CoH2 is not historically accurate, it is some offspin.. And a full suit of it? Absolute nonsense, was not used regularly.
29 Sep 2018, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 01:54 AMVeniCRO
The Splittertarnmuster used by the Grenadiers in CoH2 is not historically accurate, it is some offspin.. And a full suit of it? Absolute nonsense, was not used regularly.

I sadly don't think Relic will be making anymore QoL changes unless it's a big ass patch made by the community.

Anyhow, I've decided to use them for another Foreign Infantry squad that is based on the Spanish Blau Division and Croatian troops that served on the Eastern Front alongside Germany and used much of their equipment and uniforms.
29 Sep 2018, 19:37 PM

I sadly don't think Relic will be making anymore QoL changes unless it's a big ass patch made by the community.

Anyhow, I've decided to use them for another Foreign Infantry squad that is based on the Spanish Blau Division and Croatian troops that served on the Eastern Front alongside Germany and used much of their equipment and uniforms.

Sounds like a good idea. Sadly you are right, Relic no longer gives a fuck.
29 Sep 2018, 19:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd suggest you re-use the P.Fuss model. That looks much closer to what the average Landser would be wearing. P.Fuss get Stormtrooper/Jaeger models, Jaegers get Sniper model, and Snipers get the vanilla Gren model because he actually has a use for a full suit of camo.

EDIT: Here are the portraits I made for my mod
Gren (Just pretend the winter version works):

P.Fuss

Sniper

Jaegar
29 Sep 2018, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 19:46 PMKasarov
I'd suggest you re-use the P.Fuss model. That looks much closer to what the average Landser would be wearing. P.Fuss get Stormtrooper/Jaeger models, Jaegers get Sniper model, and Snipers get the vanilla Gren model because he actually has a use for a full suit of camo.

EDIT: Here are the portraits I made for my mod
Gren (Just pretend the winter version works):

P.Fuss

Sniper

Jaegar

Yes I think that's what I'll do for the Grenadiers.

And I've seen your icons before, very nice indeed.

Btw since I said I'm going to be using them for a new Foreign Infantry unit that's based on the Blau Division/Croatian troops can you make them some portraits as well?

Here's a pic for reference:

I sadly lost the portrait you see in the original topic. Thanks in advance!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★