Login

russian armor

Battlefield V WW2 - SEPT 4 - Open beta.

5 Sep 2018, 21:00 PM

I get where you are coming from but don't you think it would be shittier gameplay wise if you were forced to use weapons and vehicles depending on a map all the time?

Again: Historical accuracy doesn't really matter to me when it comes to multiplayer gameplay tbh and I seem to fail to see this argument when people weren't complaining about automatic rifles in BF1 half as bad

I agree,

I didnt ever expect a limit to guns based on time period/faction. That was never a thing in battlefield games and imo still shouldnt be.

Imagine if you couldn't use certain weapons/vehicles on certain maps. BF has always been a casual franchise and historical realism in that sense would be bad for the game. The public outcry would be insane.
5 Sep 2018, 23:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occupation_of_Norway

In March and April 1940, British plans for an invasion of Norway were prepared, mainly in order to reach and destroy the Swedish iron ore mines in Gällivare. It was hoped that this would divert German forces away from France, and open a war front in south Sweden.[2]

Moving east, the Germans were surprised when the British started to abandon Narvik on 3 June. By that time the German offensive in France had progressed to such an extent that the British could no longer afford any commitment in Norway, and the 25,000 Allied troops were evacuated from Narvik only 10 days after their victory.

*** The Narvik map is based on ~April 1940.
: MG42 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_42 In service 1942–present
: MP40(Kinda)
: G43 (1943)
: STG44(Even KB2 prototype is 1942)
: Tiger (1942)
: SturmTiger (1944-1945)
: AT Churchill (Prototype, and, seriously?)
: Valentine tank : n service 1940–60 (Ok, this one works)
: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank : 1941
The second major improved Churchill, the Mk VII, was first used in the Battle of Normandy in 1944. The Mk VII improved on the already heavy armour of the Churchill with a wider chassis and the British 75 mm gun, which had been introduced on the Mk VI. (1944 for MK7)
: Churchill Mk VII (A22F) (1,600 produced, together with Mark VIII) 1945 !!!! (Crocodile)
: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb
: The first V-1 was launched at London on 13 June 1944,[6] !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bren_light_machine_gun
In service 1938–2006 - This one works okay

... It drives... me... nuts :)
Different maps being set in different years, ought to have different weapons :)

Methinks

I was more annoyed with the stg being the starting weapon because it's literally the best possible gun to use by nature of it being an assault rifle. On the class that is anti-infantry AND anti-tank they have an anti-everything weapon good at all ranges. Incredibly silly from a balance point, unless they make the gun uselessly bad.

Battlefield has never been a realistic game; I just want a WW2 sandbox game where I can pew pew with cool weapons and tanks.
6 Sep 2018, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2018, 23:21 PMTobis

I was more annoyed with the stg being the starting weapon because it's literally the best possible gun to use by nature of it being an assault rifle. On the class that is anti-infantry AND anti-tank they have an anti-everything weapon good at all ranges. Incredibly silly from a balance point, unless they make the gun uselessly bad.

Battlefield has never been a realistic game; I just want a WW2 sandbox game where I can pew pew with cool weapons and tanks.

WW2-Themed Sandbox game where you can pew pew with cool weapons and tank - Done!

It's a LOT of fun and incredibly smooth.
6 Sep 2018, 16:28 PM

Played the beta for a bit. Visually stunning while the sound- and destruction design still seems incomplete. Can't hear footsteps and tanks can't crush cars, etc. While Rotterdam map looks amazing, it lacks atmosphere. There's no chaos, no 'war'. Feels like a paintball match. Customization/unlocks/progression system is trash. Faction distinction is terrible because of the weird soldier customizations and mostly I end up just shooting everyone who doesn't have a clue icon above him. The attrition (low ammo) is currently way overdone (you spawn with only 60 rounds for STG-44 for example). Gunplay is kinda okay, tank vs tank combat is just lame, planes are terrible.

The game has potential but honestly this doesn't look anywhere near being done (talking like 4-5 months of work here). This feels like an early alpha build to me. If they release in november it will be a fiasco.
6 Sep 2018, 16:35 PM

- I was wondering too, about not hearing footsteps and tanks who couldn't
crush cars. Figured they can't make everything desctructible. But...

It should be in :p

Can crush every tree, bush

- I have no issue with their being low ammo. Plenty of ammo crates,
you can call in ammo paradrop, you have plenty of support players *AND*
you can collect ammo simply by walking over enemy corpses.

- I agree that it needs more work. It's smooth as hell, however.
I think that releasing it when they have only 2 working maps is... bad.

I liked the tank vs tank play.
... Just need to hear footsteps and crush cars :)
6 Sep 2018, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2018, 23:21 PMTobis

Sounds like the m16 in bf3 all over again.

STG44 should most definitely be the last unlock, maybe they are just trying to balance the gun and will shift it to max unlock on release (hopefully).
6 Sep 2018, 17:53 PM

Sounds like the m16 in bf3 all over again.

STG44 should most definitely be the last unlock, maybe they are just trying to balance the gun and will shift it to max unlock on release (hopefully).

I think they're just trying to make people want to buy the game more.

STG44 and Tiger in beta?
And then conveniently hide it at release :)
11 Sep 2018, 12:07 PM

This game is sooo horrible.

You can get all kind of weapon no matter that side are you playing on what map are you playing (Narvik 1941 and you can be a british soldier with stg44), tanks are horribly horribly fast and those uniforms...

I know, it;s not realistic and historical game but totall opposite of this isn't good eighter. You don't feel at all the climate of ww2 - it could be simple another modern warfare style game...

Just hope this game won't sell and it will have horrible reviews - that may stop this nonsens...
11 Sep 2018, 12:21 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I don't get why every one is ranting that hard about the fucking historical accuracy. Apart from that (and yes I admit it feels kinda weird at times) this is exactly what I expected from BF V. I had fun when playing the beta and it gave the good old Battlefield feeling again.

Yes the Stg is pretty OP but this gn is so much fun tbh I loved it :D

I am really considering to buy it!
11 Sep 2018, 13:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I don't get why every one is ranting that hard about the fucking historical accuracy. Apart from that (and yes I admit it feels kinda weird at times) this is exactly what I expected from BF V. I had fun when playing the beta and it gave the good old Battlefield feeling again.

Yes the Stg is pretty OP but this gn is so much fun tbh I loved it :D

+1

I liked the Beta. Okay. I dont like Narvik (the map isnt good) but i think BF V is a solide and fun game.
I cant see all this "historical problems". Sure. Anyone can use any weapon because of balance and the "i want to unlock weapons" mentality but hey. It is a game. When StG is my preferred weapons i will be happy when i could use it all the time.

I cant wait for the release :clap:

11 Sep 2018, 13:23 PM

I kinda had fun in the beta and the game has potential, but I do not understand how you consider buying this on release.

The beta had massive problems and bugs, tons of unfinished features (like tanks that get stuck on indestructible cars) and balance issues (planes, revives, TTK, attrition etc). Graphics are arguably worse than BF1. Soldiers blend in too well and there's tons of visual disturbance (like super dark and super light areas next to each other). The sound is horrible right now because you can't hear things up close (like footsteps) and there's barely any ambient sounds (gunshots in the distance). Running around doesn't feel like there's a war going on at all. Too few vehicles for a Battlefield game. The game lacks character. Gun/vehicle upgrade trees and the UI are a total mess. The bleed out / spawn mechanics and UI are badly designed (like why do I need to press a button to see the map?).

This game is not ready for release anytime soon.
11 Sep 2018, 13:25 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

+1

I liked the Beta. Okay. I dont like Narvik (the map isnt good) but i think BF V is a solide and fun game.
I cant see all this "historical problems". Sure. Anyone can use any weapon because of balance and the "i want to unlock weapons" mentality but hey. It is a game. When StG is my preferred weapons i will be happy when i could use it all the time.

Yeah I found Rotterdam to be the better map too. But Narvik certainly has its assets. I am really looking forward to the other maps!

Also +1 on your mentality towards the game. Exactly how I feel
11 Sep 2018, 13:25 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I kinda had fun in the beta and the game has potential, but I do not understand how you consider buying this on release. The beta had massive problems and bugs, tons of unfinished features (like tanks that get stuck on indestructible cars) and balance issues (planes, revives, TTK, attrition etc). This game is not ready for release anytime soon.

That's what Betas are there for man
11 Sep 2018, 13:33 PM

That's what Betas are there for man

And you honestly believe they will fix these absolutely massive core issues in one month before release? Stop kidding yourself. Do you also buy a new car without the engine and wheels and then happily wait a year before the garage slowly patches it together into a working vehicle?

As I said this game has potential and I want to like it, but it's obvious it isn't ready for release for another 6 months.
11 Sep 2018, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 12:07 PMStark

You can get all kind of weapon no matter that side are you playing on what map are you playing (Narvik 1941 and you can be a british soldier with stg44), tanks are horribly horribly fast and those uniforms...

I know, it;s not realistic and historical game but totall opposite of this isn't good eighter. You don't feel at all the climate of ww2 - it could be simple another modern warfare style game...

Just hope this game won't sell and it will have horrible reviews - that may stop this nonsens...

**** I really enjoyed it. I've been waiting for BF1942 to be back for ... ... 19-20 yrs?
What killed BF1942 back then were the DLC that while nice kept cutting the community as
you could only access the new maps if you paid, and those who had bought all found almost
no one to play... I miss there being AI however that you could do coop vs :)
- As for Just another modern warfare style : If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yes the STG is pretty OP but this gn is so much fun tbh I loved it :D

- I bought the game already. And Deluxe version, too.
- EA wants people to buy this, so STG available immediately. Won't the case
at release, it'll be Assault weapon #4. So you need to grind to it. In BF1942
the assault class either all had the BAR or the STG44.
- Exactly this is exactly what I expected from BF V as well, and I had a blast! <444>3

+1

- Aye. Also, they found people would just switch to German all the time because... STG44 (And MG34
before they removed it from the BETA). Basically, this is the route COD5 World-at-war chose.
And the point was not unlock as US or Japanese or American. You followed a unified Assault/Medic/
Engineer/Recon unlock path no matter which faction you played, because... axis fanboi and if you
got all your unlocks as Germany, who would be crazy enough to play as Allied? :)

They could give BAR and STG44 the same as they did in BF1942, but people would just bitch anyways.
- World of tanks, War Thunder does it this way, too. You got Germans on all teams, Soviets on all
teams, Americans on all teams. Fixes the wanting to be on Team A or B.

I kinda had fun in the beta and the game has potential, but I do not understand how you consider buying this on release.

The beta had massive problems and bugs, tons of unfinished features (like tanks that get stuck on indestructible cars) and balance issues (planes, revives, TTK, attrition etc). Graphics are arguably worse than BF1. Soldiers blend in too well and there's tons of visual disturbance (like super dark and super light areas next to each other). The sound is horrible right now because you can't hear things up close (like footsteps) and there's barely any ambient sounds (gunshots in the distance). Running around doesn't feel like there's a war going on at all. Too few vehicles for a Battlefield game. The game lacks character. Gun/vehicle upgrade trees and the UI are a total mess. The bleed out / spawn mechanics and UI are badly designed (like why do I need to press a button to see the map?).

This game is not ready for release anytime soon.

- I pre-purchased because I've been waiting 20 yrs for this game and I want to encourage it.
I also wanted to play in the closed alphas and open beta.
- Game was amazing. I even chucked my old PC and got a Ryzen god to play it
It was so smooth, I cried! Only 2 factions and 2 maps... er, no. This game
is NOT ready. But I want it to be Battlefield 1942 #2 so bad, I could cry!

- I want to drive T34's, damn it :) I want StuIIIGs!
- Shermans! (With offensive smoke projectors, ahah@COH2
- Bleed out being badly designed, someone said he didn't want the count down bleed
and just wanted to auto respawn immediately. So they described to him that he'd
lose 5000 spawn points from his team with the first molotov :) At that point,
just put both teams in a broom closet with friendly fire odd y'know?

6 planes, halftracks (why german only?), kettenkrad (why german only?), PAK40 (Why German only?)
Flak20 (why German only?) Valentine, Churchill, Croc, Panzer 4, Tiger (in 1940?), SturmTiger (in 1940?)
Wasn't bad for starters...

But this game was supposed to be released in late October. Too soon.

I want this game to have as many maps and vehicles and success as BF1 if not more :)
I hope it doesn't turn into another DOW3

PS: I deserve a medal for finally figuring out the multi-thread reply feature.
I've been here... what? Since 2012 or so ? 6 yrs? More?! About time I got it. Lol
ie: 30x replies in a row man.

11 Sep 2018, 14:04 PM

And you honestly believe they will fix these absolutely massive core issues in one month before release? Stop kidding yourself. Do you also buy a new car without the engine and wheels and then happily wait a year before the garage slowly patches it together into a working vehicle?

As I said this game has potential and I want to like it, but it's obvious it isn't ready for release for another 6 months.

I do agree with the "One month before release!?!"

Well, in truth, they did just push it to end of November.
This is their !!(*!) fault for pushing way too soon for a date.
I think they should make it glorious, then release it.

Way too worried of another DOW3 when I want this game to be my baby <444>3
11 Sep 2018, 14:19 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I see where you are coming from. They clearly won't fix all the issues but at least they get a grip of those issues through the beta. I will most likely wait after the release to buy it to see what is up with it
11 Sep 2018, 15:00 PM

DICE creative director Lars Gustavsson spoke to Gamespot after the show, he said that there was an "extremely big push" from within DICE to get a Battle Royale mode added to the game.

Sadly, I am SO thinking of DOW3.
DOTA2 popular? An extremely big push from within Sega to get a DOTA2 mode
added to the game.

Fortnite : Paid for PVE COOP. Bataille Royale mode added free.
DOW3 : DOTA2 is free, paid with cosmetic microtransaction?
We'll make DOTA3 cost 71$ at launch, AND will have microtransactions.
BF:V : We'll make the game cost ~60-90$ at launch AND add Bataille Royale
and then add microtransactions.

Dota2 and Fortnite are insane because they're well made AND free.
Tons of players. Who then are happy to pay for cosmetic upgrades.

I feel dead games are those who 1) Have cost of AAA game, then
ALSO want micro transaction revenue.

DOW3 would have ruled if it had been as the name says : DOW3.
But instead it was 71$ weaker DOTA with empty servers.
BF:V wants to do exactly the same thing. They're totally rule as BF1942#2.
Instead they want to be Fortnite#2 (PubG and Fortnite will have combined
8 billions this year?) Who wouldn't want a piece of that?!

Expensive 71$ DOTA clone won't make the DOTA crowds come rushing.

I'm surprised they don't ask high entry price purchase, then monthly
subscription and THEN on top of that microtransactions :)
(Looking at you, Activision-owned Blizzard).
(Which oddly, has begun a severe decline).

I understand game design costs money, but all these people are doing
are cloning each other while trying to gouge more and more out of an
ever-shrinking pie.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CL_S_Nq9ybU/hqdefault.jpg

Hello! I heard you liked WarHammer 40,000 ?
Here is poor dota clone for 5x more money cost and empty servers <444>3

Hello! I heard you really wanted WW2 Battlefield ?
Here is poor Fortnite clone for 5x more money cost and empty servers <444>3

11 Sep 2018, 15:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 12:07 PMStark

11 Sep 2018, 16:55 PM

Battlefield 1943 (the XBox arcade game) has a better way of balancing weapons and “historical accuracy”. They used mirror balancing. It was boring but could easily have been expanded on for a “Battlefield 1944” game.

Do eastern front, 1943-45.

Soviets and Germans have multiple classes that have weapons that are “default” and exactly the same as each other, but you can unlock new guns that are open to both sides. Same goes for vehicles and vehicle upgrades. I’m a gun guy with a love of historical accuracy in games, so I know these aren’t exactly the same, but they could be portrayed as being close enough to be the same.

MP-28 SMG for both sides. Unlocks-MP-38/40, PPD-40, MP-34, PPS-42/43, PPSh-41
M91/30 and Kar98k, plus sniper versions of each plus many many other variations and real life upgrades.
SVT-40 and G43, unlock G41(w), G41(m), AVT-40, SKS-45, SVT-38, MkB-42, MP-43/44/StG-44
Walther P-38 and Tokarov TT-33 unlock P-08 Luger, M1895 Nagant revolver
DP-28 and MG-34 with drum. (Very different in real life but if you tweak them they can be close enough to not be unbalanced. ) Unlock MG-42 and many others

T-34/76 and Panzer IV upgrade to long barrel PIV and T-34/85 plus skirts or top gunner etc

StuG III and SU-85 (many upgrades)

KV-85 and Tiger I

IS-2 and King Tiger

Be-109 and MiG

IL-2 and Stuka

Balance and realism isn’t hard to do. But Dice wants to throw history out and do whatever they want. I used to love Battlefied, but I think I’ll pass on this one and wait for a new Brothers in Arms game.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 2
Germany 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak