Login

russian armor

Ambulance lockdown ability?

4 Sep 2018, 06:27 AM

I think the ambulance is too easy to kill. It’s the easiest healing source to kill out of all the factions. One shot is enough to wipe it out. Now I understand that’s balanced in regards to forward fallback points, however at the base sector itself it’s still a one shot kill which is ridiculously easy to abuse.

Can the ambulance gain an ability to lockdown in the base sector only to increase its resistance to AT fire or gives it more health? Something like two to three tank shots to kill?
4 Sep 2018, 06:38 AM

Permanently Banned
Buff katyusha health while ure at it since werfer is tankier
4 Sep 2018, 08:04 AM

Buff katyusha health while ure at it since werfer is tankier

Although off topic the argument makes little sense.

Werfer Armor:
20/10 Health: 160

Kati Armor:
7/5 Health: 160

Both units have very low Armor and increasing kati HP would mean it would need 2 rounds from a tank to die making allot "tankier" than wefer/stuka.
4 Sep 2018, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2018, 08:04 AMVipper

Werfer Armor:

Kati Armor:

Both units have very low Armor and increasing kati HP would mean it would need 2 rounds from a tank to die making allot "tankier" than wefer/stuka.

Problem Only USF Scout car unit like M20 .50cal not harm Rocket werfer or panzer werfer (and infrared Halftrack)
--------------

back to topic
2 problem about Ambulance when I play on team game
1 if to get risk to frontline It easy to get sneak attack from rakenten It should more HP for survive ambush shot ?
2 when lock down base their got Change to destory by 105mm lefh 18 low hp mean is easy got AOE damage
and wreck too
4 Sep 2018, 15:40 PM

Permanently Banned

Werfer Armor:

Kati Armor:

Atleast werfer isnt destroyed by 2 shots from a mp-40 accross the map
4 Sep 2018, 16:59 PM

Now that Handbrake exists I think the ambulance should probably adopt it. Have it always activate the healing aura when stationary and lock down with Handbrake. That'd make it a little easier to micro in a field support role.
4 Sep 2018, 17:17 PM

Werfer Armor:

Kati Armor:

Meanwhile katy has less than half the armor but ok.

I don’t see any real problem there but I’m just pointing out the inconsistency of the argument.
4 Sep 2018, 18:28 PM

U might as well rename the thread to rocket arty...
BTW I think the ambulance should just get a health increase by default to be generally tougher to get rid of, even on the field... nothin big that would make u wanna use it for scouting purposes, but just to survive one AT/tank shot
4 Sep 2018, 18:39 PM

It would be nice if a random stray tank shell didn't kill the Ambulance in my base forcing me to toss away 250 more manpower for healing.
4 Sep 2018, 21:17 PM

Meanwhile katy has less than half the armor but ok.

I don’t see any real problem there but I’m just pointing out the inconsistency of the argument.

My objection was to proposed solution of increasing HP, that would make kati far more "tankier" than weffer since it would be able to survive a shot from most ballistic weapons.

I doubt that the cases that the "superior" armor of weffer made any difference are noticeable.

Can we go back to ambulance now?
4 Sep 2018, 21:20 PM

If it only comes down to the problem of base healing in the base I think a much simpler solution to the problem would be a medic upgrade for the HQ at 250 manpower, same as the Soviets, just with a bigger range as to cover the huge ass circle of sandbags.
4 Sep 2018, 22:50 PM

I am but a noob, but could a solution be to have the ambulance "deploy" like a medic bunker or one of the OKW trucks, with the option to "go mobile", each conversion taking 10-15 seconds or so?

Edit: Just to be clear, with the implication being that when it's deployed, it has higher resistances and HP, but when it's mobile it might as well be made of paper mache.
4 Sep 2018, 22:58 PM

I am but a noob, but could a solution be to have the ambulance "deploy" like a medic bunker or one of the OKW trucks, with the option to "go mobile", each conversion taking 10-15 seconds or so?

Edit: Just to be clear, with the implication being that when it's deployed, it has higher resistances and HP, but when it's mobile it might as well be made of paper mache.

Nope, game doesn't have an undeploy state for whatever reason, if it did we would have the ability to pack up OKW HQ trucks and move them, at least in mods.

If it deploys it stays there until destroyed, they went with the only possible solution of being mobile while also "locked down".
4 Sep 2018, 23:01 PM

Nope, game doesn't have an undeploy state for whatever reason, if it did we would have the ability to pack up OKW HQ trucks and move them, at least in mods.

If it deploys it stays there until destroyed, they went with the only possible solution of being mobile while also "locked down".

Damn.

Hull down perhaps?
4 Sep 2018, 23:15 PM

One can probably use the Ostheer opel truck mechanism if one want to achieve that effect.
5 Sep 2018, 08:11 AM

A permanent lock-down ability to deploy like an OKW truck/HQ to give the ambulance a ~300% HP increase would be a good change, so it can't be baserushed as easily. It would have to be restricted to deploying inside the base sector though. It would be too powerful as a forward medic station.

Or it should be able to deploy anywhere but its healing abilities would have to receive penalties (when deployed): reinforcement cost/time penalty (similar to OKW forward retreat point) and healing should become model-based instead of an aura. Trade some utility for survivability.
5 Sep 2018, 10:31 AM

how about reduce target size ?
5 Sep 2018, 16:22 PM

how about reduce target size ?

As previously mentioned: I am but a noob, so this is a genuine question.

Does target size affect stuff like "attack ground" or artillery attacks?
5 Sep 2018, 16:26 PM

I also have a similar question. Is attack ground subjected to the same accuracy/scatter modifiers as a regular shot?
5 Sep 2018, 16:36 PM

As far as I know.

As previously mentioned: I am but a noob, so this is a genuine question.

Does target size affect stuff like "attack ground" or artillery attacks?

Target size is only used for accuracy checks that involves small arm fire and ballistic weapon.

I also have a similar question. Is attack ground subjected to the same accuracy/scatter modifiers as a regular shot?

Attack ground probably does not use accuracy checks at all since it the target is the ground.

The scatter modifier seem be lower but my vary from weapon to weapon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Russian Federation 110

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment