Login

russian armor

What if the Allied factions actually had good MGs?

3 Sep 2018, 01:50 AM

Does anyone remember what that was like? I wonder what it would be like now if the maxim, .50 cal and Vickers didn't suck and could actually surpress infantry. Right now that ability is only for Axis.
3 Sep 2018, 02:15 AM

.50 cal is a great machine gun, probably the most rounded in game
the vickers deals a bit too much damage which makes its suppression wonky, but it has cool vet
and the maxims only redeeming factor (6 man crew) main purpose is to give the enemy a longer laugh after they walked up through fire, tossed a flame nade and watched the deathloop begin before melting it down because 5 fuel is worth far far far more than picking it up and using it themselves
3 Sep 2018, 02:21 AM
Donator 11

What if...... all factions had basic tools such as flamethrowers, indirect arty, and proper mines built into their tech.

We've asked these things for so long, I don't rly think things will change anytime soon. It starts at the design conception of the factions and those units are built around those ideas. To simply change stuff like that really means you have to sorta start from scratch in a way. Mines and flamethrowers are surly a thing easy to add somewhere but like other things like indirect fire options and new units just aren't a thing.

Also maxim bug still is a thing that should be address or acknowledged by a balance pass as its simply impossible to retreat or rotate in a rapid manner.
3 Sep 2018, 02:42 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

What if...... all factions had basic tools such as flamethrowers, indirect arty, and proper mines built into their tech.

We've asked these things for so long, I don't rly think things will change anytime soon. It starts at the design conception of the factions and those units are built around those ideas. To simply change stuff like that really means you have to sorta start from scratch in a way. Mines and flamethrowers are surly a thing easy to add somewhere but like other things like indirect fire options and new units just aren't a thing.

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 02:19 AMCODGUY

I did, with shitty hamstrung factions. I seriously don't understand how OKW and OST main players don't get bored with how easy it is to win as those guys.

Tbh I'd like to see what you're playing against in a replay. There are definatly some no brainer decisions as all factions, but if your opponet is using meta while you're going nonmeta I can understand why it feels like you're exerting more effort and getting less results.
3 Sep 2018, 02:53 AM

if you give every faction every tool you have to nerf everything else what does a faction unique, just copy&paste ostheer 4 times and call them okw, usf, ukf, sov

it is absolutly pointless to think about, if you dont like coh2, quit
3 Sep 2018, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 02:53 AMcyso
if you give every faction every tool you have to nerf everything else what does a faction unique, just copy&paste ostheer 4 times and call them okw, usf, ukf, sov

it is absolutly pointless to think about, if you dont like coh2, quit

I do like it but I liked it a lot better before they nerfed my Brits into the ground. I'm shocked they haven't beaten USF's AA HT and Jackson with the nerf hammer too.
3 Sep 2018, 03:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 02:58 AMCODGUY

I do like it but I liked it a lot better before they nerfed my Brits into the ground. I'm shocked they haven't beaten USF's AA HT and Jackson with the nerf hammer too.

we have a community team they working on every balance patches, among them are players who know a lot more about this game than you and I do

this game has a long history with many highs and lows, use your energy to always get a bit better, i also lose against each faction, but first of all because i make mistakes, not because the other faction is extremly better

please upload a replay, i want to see how you play
3 Sep 2018, 09:30 AM

How is vickers and maxim failing to do the only goddamn thing you build them for is L2p issue? Are wehraboos are completely delusional?
And dont bring up MG34, that thing is last minute decision from lelic that made OKW into a faction with no weakness or drawbacks at all
3 Sep 2018, 09:40 AM

And dont bring up MG34, that thing is last minute decision from lelic that made OKW into a faction with no weakness or drawbacks at all

OKW and USF weren't ever designed to lack small-arms suppression.

USF's Captain Tier suppression used to be the Pack Howitzer, OKW's used to be the LeiG and the old Kubel.

After OKW was reworked it was tested with the Flak HT as its only suppression tool and it was a disaster. Hence the MG34 became nondoctrinal.
3 Sep 2018, 09:54 AM

Yeah and as result OKW lacks any weakneses other factions have.
3 Sep 2018, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 09:54 AMKirrik
Yeah and as result OKW lacks any weakneses other factions have.

Such as? SOV and OST also have a full suite of tools. USF has most of them even if they are behind a painful tech fork. Only UKF is flat out missing stuff.
3 Sep 2018, 10:01 AM

Ost has 4 man squads which are prone to wipe
Sov has inferior non-doc roster and requires doctrines to function
USF is forced into bad choices in teching
UKF is UKF
3 Sep 2018, 10:06 AM

I think that SOV does not require doctorines to function correctly any longer. That was the case in 2016, but recent patches clearly changed that. Nowadays they just add depth.

UKF has been shot dead, and its surviving players shot again :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS