Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
22 Oct 2018, 06:48 AM

The problem with that is that you'd be paying 440 mp for the mortar halftrack that way instead of 200ish or whatever it is now. Not really worth the cost IMO.

Or have it come out stock standard like it used to and give the option to upgrade to MG42 and reinforcements or Mortar HT.
22 Oct 2018, 06:52 AM

I'd also like to mention the 221/223 Doesn't take shots at planes I don't think, I haven't seen it do it from my plays with it and I think the Medkits should be free or replaced as most of its value is lost as Sturmpioneers can do the same and the Battlegroup headquarter exists
22 Oct 2018, 07:03 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd also like to mention the 221/223 Doesn't take shots at planes I don't think, I haven't seen it do it from my plays with it and I think the Medkits should be free or replaced as most of its value is lost as Sturmpioneers can do the same and the Battlegroup headquarter exists

Agreed on the medical packs. What I would advocate for instead is a timed suppression ability like the Bren Carrier's to truly make it into a super kubel give it more combat utility.

That being said, it shouldn't be able to target aircraft. I think that the 222's ability to target aircraft is ridiculous as well. Sky visibility in that closed top must be ass.
22 Oct 2018, 08:14 AM

The problem with that is that you'd be paying 440 mp for the mortar halftrack that way instead of 200ish or whatever it is now. Not really worth the cost IMO.

It could be priced so the cost would be compensated.

Think of it like the British trench was but instead of only costing around 50 or so manpower it would also cost fuel as well.
22 Oct 2018, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 07:03 AMKasarov

Agreed on the medical packs. What I would advocate for instead is a timed suppression ability like the Bren Carrier's to truly make it into a super kubel give it more combat utility.

That being said, it shouldn't be able to target aircraft. I think that the 222's ability to target aircraft is ridiculous as well. Sky visibility in that closed top must be ass.

Suppression ability sounds like a good idea, I can see it being used more for a infantry support car that way. Also I don't think it would be too bad to give it AA capabilities equal to a tanks printle imo.

I also suggest they just remove command upgrade and slap it on there with more price and a limit to one to avoid spam of such a command vehicle.

But that's just my opinion some may disagree.
22 Oct 2018, 14:28 PM

I like the idea of a suppression ability to give it more use, but I feel that would kinda overburden the unit a bit. It already has 4 abilities (5 if you count smoke).

To increase its use I would rather see the requirement moved down to building an SWS truck rather than having an HQ set up. That would give it much more shock value.
22 Oct 2018, 14:46 PM

I mean if you want to give it some more combat capability wouldn't it be better for it to straight up have a 222 upgrade instead?
22 Oct 2018, 16:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I like the idea of a suppression ability to give it more use, but I feel that would kinda overburden the unit a bit. It already has 4 abilities (5 if you count smoke).

I proposed it replacing the Medkits (which overlaps a bit with SPio and MedHQ) so the overall ability count remains unchanged.

I mean if you want to give it some more combat capability wouldn't it be better for it to straight up have a 222 upgrade instead?

A 222 is raw killing power and translates into dealing with other early LV's too early. A 221 with suppression is utility and would give MechHQ openings a mobile suppression platform like the FlakHT, albeit temporarily.
22 Oct 2018, 16:57 PM

It is a nice thing, but I don't think that can be implemented well. CoH is not made for that Kind of mechanics.
22 Oct 2018, 17:16 PM

I think it would be a shame to go through the trouble of having a 221 with a 223 upgrade if the 221 is not going to be useful in combat. I think it was only used for fighting once in the entire tourney, and only very briefly. It simply comes too late for what it can do. Giving OKW an early light vehicle would open up strategies to counter snipers or HMGs, and would probably see the 221 used much more. 222 isn't needed because of the Luchs. It would give some initiative to OKW and force enemies to invest in AT/snares just like the Scout Car and UC do, and break up the boring Volks meta a bit.

There should be vet1 Riflemen and Royal Engineers (now with snares) around the time an SWS-tied 221 would hit the field and Soviets have options for AT nades and PTRS Penals in any strat, so there should be enough softcounters to prevent a rampage.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 16:49 PMKasarov

I proposed it replacing the Medkits (which overlaps a bit with SPio and MedHQ) so the overall ability count remains unchanged.

Would be a possibility, yes. Although the healing could also be changed into dropping only 1 crate or acting like Ostheer medkits to heal squads on the front line to set it apart from the 'base healing' of Sturmpioneers and MedHQ.
22 Oct 2018, 17:39 PM

I think it would be a shame to go through the trouble of having a 221 with a 223 upgrade if the 221 is not going to be useful in combat. I think it was only used for fighting once in the entire tourney, and only very briefly. It simply comes too late for what it can do. Giving OKW an early light vehicle would open up strategies to counter snipers or HMGs, and would probably see the 221 used much more. 222 isn't needed because of the Luchs.

+1 The car needs to come out a lot earlier.
22 Oct 2018, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 17:39 PMSmartie

+1 The car needs to come out a lot earlier.

Maybe after buying an sWS Supply Halftrack instead of after building t1 or t2?
22 Oct 2018, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 17:48 PMG3jzer

Maybe after buying an sWS Supply Halftrack instead of after building t1 or t2?

Thats what Sander also suggested. I like your idea a lot! You have to choose between fast tech or a strong fighting unit.
22 Oct 2018, 18:34 PM

Hey I was just suggesting something more uhm... simpler I guess? I mean I just noticed that a lot of people didn't like the cav rifles' ability, that's all.

But even if it was given a 222 upgrade I think it could be tied to let's say, the Mech HQ for example to make it more balanced, just an idea.

I think something like a suppression and damage dealing modes were suggested a long time ago for the... Flak HT if I'm not mistaken, maybe that could be implemented if a timed ability suppression doesn't work out so well. How I imagine it would be is for it to have a toggle similar to the Sherman's switching of rounds where you either choose the 221/223 to deal suppression but at the cost of less damage or just normal damage when suppression is not something that's needed from the vehicle to provide at that current time.
22 Oct 2018, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 17:55 PMSmartie

Thats what Sander also suggested. I like your idea a lot! You have to choose between fast tech or a strong fighting unit.

221 and m20 should arive in same time they are similar units. So currently 221 is in good spot. Okw tier 1 is cheaper than usf tier 1 so teoricaly 221 should be faster on field than m20. By the way why grayhound is cp5? In team games cp5 is sometimes when u have major already
22 Oct 2018, 19:20 PM

221 and m20 should arive in same time they are similar units. So currently 221 is in good spot. Okw tier 1 is cheaper than usf tier 1 so teoricaly 221 should be faster on field than m20.

Not really, afaik the M20 has much higher DPS than the 221 and more armor. It also comes with a free bazooka squad and vet0 M6 mines.
22 Oct 2018, 22:00 PM

About Jaeger upgrade for Stormtroopers, I think bundle grenade should return in place of flame nade for Storms upgraded with G43's.

G43 is already a downgrade compared to Pgren STG or new Storm MP40 and it also removes tactical assault from them and Schreck+G43 is no longer an option.
It's kinda funny how doctrinal upgrade for doctrinal unit turns it into worse version of vanilla Pgren though.
23 Oct 2018, 02:58 AM

I still think the Cavalry Riflemen Thompsons should be cheap, like they used to be 45 munitions, but that they take two weapon slots like Volks STGs. As CQC troops, I don't see why you want to get a BAR or a Bazooka on them, instead of cheaper Tommy Guns.
23 Oct 2018, 08:00 AM

I still think the Cavalry Riflemen Thompsons should be cheap, like they used to be 45 munitions, but that they take two weapon slots like Volks STGs. As CQC troops, I don't see why you want to get a BAR or a Bazooka on them, instead of cheaper Tommy Guns.

This is the 4th time you've wrote this here, I think they get the point.
23 Oct 2018, 11:57 AM

This is the 4th time you've wrote this here, I think they get the point.

Something something planet smasher's something artillery pit
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight