Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
14 Oct 2018, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 11:28 AMSmartie

Well, i think it would be worth a test to give "overwatch" the 223 instead of "early warning". That would be a nice buff but the radio car need some adjustments too. It was only build in only 1 game (Theodosios). I think it should come out earlier to make a difference in combat. My suggestion would be to make it a CP1 /CP2 call-in. The upgrade could be more expensive then. And it should definitely give your teammates resources too.

If you wanna make the 223 a unique unit for a certain commander, then we could talk about moving the 223 to "Overwatch" (replaces Early warning) and giving Elite armor the new 251 (maybe with Pzgrens).

That works too.

The problem is keeping the radio ability which the 223 replaces in Elite Armor.

But apart from that yeah, Panzergrenadiers or Panzerfusiliers in either a 250 or 251 works, but if it's the 251 I think it's a better option for it to come open-topped because I don't believe they'll give it the same flame projector upgrade.

Edit: Maybe an Urban Assault Panzergrenadier squad in a 250 that can upgrade with an antenna to receive the radio ability combat group and then the 223 can be moved to Overwatch.
14 Oct 2018, 12:11 PM

That's the reason why I suggested it for Overwatch doctrine, albeit with an upgrade to an Antenna as well, like the 223, so it can fill in a Recon role to fit in better with the commander, but even without it I think it would still be useful like you said. The Jaegers coming in it could easily be turned into a combat group or something.

The main focus seems making the commanders "thematically fitting"
The synergy in revamped commanders seems to be mods last concern honestly, just like they don't really care about keeping """non basic""" units (anything that isn't mainline, mediums, TD, mortar, mg and a few light vehicles...so basically any unit that isn't included in the straightforward cross-faction build order) viable in balance patches.

I mean, can someone really give me a solid reason that explains why we need Stormtroopers in a doctrine that grants Panzergrens with passive and offensive buffs for 30 munitions ?

What is supposed to be the purpose of a doctrinal at gun with ai ability IN THE ONLY SINGLE FACTION that gets the only non doc at gun with an ai ability ?

What is supposed to be the point of m3 halftrack when wc51 can now capture, mount a buffed 50 cal, transport troops, use mark target and drop heavy arty in THE ONLY faction THAT HAS ALREADY a mobile NON DOC reinforce and heal truck ?

It's flawed, and the fact that we have a doctrine that has been in the revamp patch II times only proves it.

14 Oct 2018, 12:17 PM

The synergy in revamped commanders seems to be mods last concern honestly, just like they don't really care about keeping """non basic""" units (anything that isn't mainline, mediums, TD, mortar, mg and a few light vehicles...so basically any unit that isn't included in the straightforward cross-faction build order) viable in balance patches.

I mean, can someone really give me a solid reason that explains why we need Stormtroopers in a doctrine that grants Panzergrens with passive and offensive buffs for 30 munitions ?

What is supposed to be the purpose of a doctrinal at gun with ai ability IN THE ONLY SINGLE FACTION that gets the only non doc at gun with an ai ability ?

What is supposed to be the point of m3 halftrack when wc51 can now capture, mount a buffed 50 cal, transport troops, use mark target and drop heavy arty in THE ONLY faction THAT HAS ALREADY a mobile NON DOC reinforce and heal truck ?

It's flawed, and the fact that we have a doctrine that has been in the revamp patch II times only proves it.

I can't comment on behalf of anyone else but I've personally always tried to design things to be both "thematically fitting" as you said and practical at the same time.

For example my idea of the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers (who could be upgraded with flamethrowers giving an alternative option to the 250 with flame projectors) in the 250 Halftrack is the practical part of my suggestion while the Antenna upgrade is the "thematically fitting" part, with which I honestly see no problem with, it does it's job practically while still fitting into the doctrine's overall theme.
14 Oct 2018, 12:23 PM

Let me help you with that.

2 completely different roles, one becomes armor support and assault infantry, while other is infiltration troop and ambush CQC unit.

Making the AT gun have any actual worth with its abysmal effectiveness against armor, giving the purpose to the high upkeep weapon to be relevant past 5th minute, ammo free way to have that AI support vs 45 ammo burst that might or might not be useful at all.

When was the last time you have put ambulance outside of base sector and not lost it 15 seconds later in a game that actually features opponents who knew how to play?
I don't think there is a way to explain to you effectiveness and usefulness of 2 squad reinforcing, fast transport that can be repaired by its crew compared to very slow, very expensive, extremely fragile and working on exclusively on friendly territory after setup ambulance.

Literally no one ever used ambulance outside of base territory - how bad can you be to even suggest it being viable in comparison to regular halftruck(that was rhetorical question)?
14 Oct 2018, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 12:23 PMKatitof
Let me help you with that.

2 completely different roles, one becomes armor support and assault infantry, while other is infiltration troop and ambush CQC unit.

Making the AT gun have any actual worth with its abysmal effectiveness against armor, giving the purpose to the high upkeep weapon to be relevant past 5th minute, ammo free way to have that AI support vs 45 ammo burst that might or might not be useful at all.

When was the last time you have put ambulance outside of base sector and not lost it 15 seconds later in a game that actually features opponents who knew how to play?
I don't think there is a way to explain to you effectiveness and usefulness of 2 squad reinforcing, fast transport that can be repaired by its crew compared to very slow, very expensive, extremely fragile and working on exclusively on friendly territory after setup ambulance.

Literally no one ever used ambulance outside of base territory - how bad can you be to even suggest it being viable in comparison to regular halftruck(that was rhetorical question)?

-You can call them "InFiLtraTioN TrUpss REE" all you want, they are cqb units, and the fact that every single ability Panzergrens get is AI focused (except the subpar repair rate and i'll have fun here looking at you trying to pretend that 320 mp unit that gets a subpar repair rate for a cost that is actually meant to buy abilities is all of the sudden armor support rather than admitting you are wrong)
"Muh completely different roles" lmao no they are absolutely similar cqb units.

-"Cuz used to be trash and needs to be put here to be buffed" is not an answer when the matter is the synergy.
As it is now, is just a mini version of zis with free barrage that actually pinpoint infantry and less damage dealt with more shots.
If the problem was making relevant the m42 a lot of better approaches could have been used.

-Even more plain REEEing. Mobile reinforce has never seen any use outside of teamgames. What was the last time you have ever seen a 251 stay unapgraded as reinforce point in 1vs1 ?
Ridicolous, halftracks are for 3vs3 and 4vs4, unless there is some clown car/flame projector/zookbus strategy on, and those modes already see USF major and ambulance due to the large map distances making the risk worth and punishment from the opposite team harder to pull off.
14 Oct 2018, 12:51 PM

The only REEEing here is coming from you, being completely unable to comprehend the units you're whining about.
14 Oct 2018, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 12:51 PMKatitof
The only REEEing here is coming from you, being completely unable to comprehend the units you're whining about.

I wrote 2 posts about how several units and abilities in revamped commanders overlap and i am "whining" about units ? :facepalm:

Passive aggressive much ?
14 Oct 2018, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 08:16 AMKatitof

Oh, so when soviet plant these mines, its overpowered and unsustainable op bleeding mine, but then okw does it, its useless and pathetic?

Allied factions incur no cost when losing models. They can literally lose all but one model in every single squad in every single engagement all match long and still bring out armor and a heavy tank just as quickly as if they lost no models.

Axis factions, and Ostheer especially, get stuck in Tier 2 forever from any kind of consistent losses.

Ostheer in particular continues to be a farce in terms of infantry because four-man squads continue to be blatantly self-damaging to the player because of both resource bleed (first model dies within the first second of every single engagement, entire squads get wiped by mortar shells when using cover, etc.) and inability to recrew any enemy team weapons or abandoned vehicles.

So no, Allies don't get to systematically wipe models off squads that have to retreat immediately upon losing just two models, and certainly not by paying munitions (which Ostheer is always starved for due to how low Ostheer infantry DPS is without the use of grenades, while Allies have munitions in spades at all times).
14 Oct 2018, 15:02 PM

Allied factions incur no cost when losing models. They can literally lose all but one model in every single squad in every single engagement all match long and still bring out armor and a heavy tank just as quickly as if they lost no models.

Axis factions, and Ostheer especially, get stuck in Tier 2 forever from any kind of consistent losses.

Ostheer in particular continues to be a farce in terms of infantry because four-man squads continue to be blatantly self-damaging to the player because of both resource bleed (first model dies within the first second of every single engagement, entire squads get wiped by mortar shells when using cover, etc.) and inability to recrew any enemy team weapons or abandoned vehicles.

So no, Allies don't get to systematically wipe models off squads that have to retreat immediately upon losing just two models, and certainly not by paying munitions (which Ostheer is always starved for due to how low Ostheer infantry DPS is without the use of grenades, while Allies have munitions in spades at all times).

Not even aaa or vetlolcake were this delusional, clueless, biased and bad at this game.
14 Oct 2018, 15:24 PM

I sincerely hope the balance team doesn't take some of the posts in this thread too seriously.. :mellow:
14 Oct 2018, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I sincerely hope the balance team doesn't take some of the posts in this thread too seriously.. :mellow:

Not sure if it still works, but i hope they have this enabled.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/44204/company-of-farts-extension-for-balance-forum-warriors
14 Oct 2018, 18:37 PM

I actually laughed reading this
14 Oct 2018, 19:32 PM

Allied factions incur no cost when losing models...

I feel this only applies to Volksgrenadiers due to their lower cost, regarding construction, upkeep and reinforcements, but that's about it.
4 dead rifles vs 3 dead grens is 112 MP vs 90 MP, support weapons bleed less than actual fighting units too, your struggle as the wehrmacht must be fault of the thing behind the wheel and not the faction. Wehr is in really good spot right now.
14 Oct 2018, 19:58 PM

Not sure if it still works, but i hope they have this enabled.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/44204/company-of-farts-extension-for-balance-forum-warriors

Thank you! It works :crazy:
14 Oct 2018, 20:44 PM

I still think 70 Munitions for 2 Thompsons for CavRifles is a bit overpriced, 60 should be more reasonable, not sure why they made 45 for 2 compared to Rangers/Paratroopers cost 70.
14 Oct 2018, 20:47 PM

I still think 70 Munitions for 2 Thompsons for CavRifles is a bit overpriced, 60 should be more reasonable, not sure why they made 45 for 2 compared to Rangers/Paratroopers cost 70.

Maybe its because rangers and paras get 4?
More always got bulk discount.
At least in the past.
14 Oct 2018, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 11:28 AMSmartie

[223]

It was only build in only 1 game (Theodosios). I think it should come out earlier to make a difference in combat. My suggestion would be to make it a CP1 /CP2 call-in. The upgrade could be more expensive then. And it should definitely give your teammates resources too.

I do think currently the 221 comes out a bit too late for what it can do, especially if one goes Mechanized. It isn't practical to get a 221 out after having Mechanized up instead of waiting for 40 more fuel to get out a Luchs, and (15+45+20=) 70 fuel is a bit too much for a glorified Kubelwagen anyway.

I would propose to keep it at 0CP with build time in HQ but move the requirement down to having an SWS truck built. This would force players to choose between teching or fighting power, but would give the 221 a much better time of opportunity.
14 Oct 2018, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2018, 20:47 PMKatitof

Maybe its because rangers and paras get 4?
More always got bulk discount.
At least in the past.

I just think 70 is too much, even if 45 was too little, 60 would be a good compromise.
Not really much else to say about USF Commanders, both are really good now, one with flexible options for early picking and the other with specialized units that fill niches the faction lacks.
14 Oct 2018, 21:22 PM

Stormtroopers can literally turn invisible. Have fun not taking advantage of one of two units that have this extremely potent ability. They also get an ability that improves their dps output by a ton. Definitely useless, especially with useless camouflage that only lets you infiltrate behind enemy lines completely undetected. But of course you’re right, -10% RA is much much much better than that.

I actually laughed reading this

Hey that’s mean. Don’t make fun of people who can’t do basic math.
14 Oct 2018, 21:23 PM

I do think currently the 221 comes out a bit too late for what it can do, especially if one goes Mechanized. It isn't practical to get a 221 out after having Mechanized up instead of waiting for 40 more fuel to get out a Luchs, and (15+45+20=) 70 fuel is a bit too much for a glorified Kubelwagen anyway.

I would propose to keep it at 0CP with build time in HQ but move the requirement down to having an SWS truck built. This would force players to choose between teching or fighting power, but would give the 221 a much better time of opportunity.

Or, here's a crazy idea... make all 221s/222s ACTUALLY ARMORED like EVERY other "armored car" in the entire game.

But no, it's only Allies who get to drive around and into melee range of enemy infantry and instawipe them as long as there's no AT on the field. Why should all factions have the same threat and lethality? Clearly, all those Axis players don't deserve to pose a real threat.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 14
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L