Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
11 Sep 2018, 19:58 PM

I have absolutely no sympathy for Allies over this.

Allies all get actually armored armored vehicles or light tanks, while Ostheer is stuck with an unarmored "armored car" and OKW is stuck with a two-hits-to-kill flak turret on wheels if the player dares to desire proper healing for his troops.

As soon as Axis factions get the ability to brutally harass enemy infantry early on while taking literally zero damage the way Allies do, I'll feel more sympathetic to issues like this.

By armored do you mean USF AA halftrack that also dies in 2 shots. The M20 utility car which is basically the equivalent of the 222. Or the light tanks that OKW has as well that can go unpunished?

Stug E and Sherman Bulldozer being able to clear everything is a big problem. Don't be a biased fanboy :)
11 Sep 2018, 20:15 PM

How is bulldozer being able to do it's job is a problem?
The whole point of dozer changes is to make it more like brummbar, Stug E clearing AT guns is clearly not okay combined with HP buff, but dozer performs like it's supposed to
That thing has not AT, if it cant clear infantry then it's pointless in first place
11 Sep 2018, 20:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think StuG E is okay. it's casemated so you can kite with AEC or Stuart with stuff and you can plink at it max range with SU-76 or AT guns. I think the problem, if any, can be solved by nerfing the max range scatter of the StuG or just by lowering the max range itself.
11 Sep 2018, 20:34 PM

No, Stug E is not okay at all, it requires four shots for from AT gun to kill with 560HP
Any AT gun aside maybe ZiS will simply get wiped while trying ot kill it, thats way too strong for it's cost and CP it comes at
11 Sep 2018, 20:47 PM

Thinking about it now, I agree with Vipper's remarks for the Royal Artillery regiment.

It does make sense for the Overwatch ability to be in Advanced Emplacements and for Counter Battery to in RAR but I think it should be grouped up with Airburst shells which would act similarly to counter battery.

8 of 18 Relic postsRelic 11 Sep 2018, 22:11 PM
Developer Relic Badge

11 Sep 2018, 22:32 PM

After reading the patch notes (and not testing) I have to ask:
Does Relic likes to fix one commander while breaking another in processes.

KV-2 simply has no place in Urban defense commander and the changes will also break Soviet industry. Why?

For the simply reason Soviet industry in the mod has 2 unit with damage reduction and repair stations allowing them to be repair faster than the enemy can damage them with costing no pop. Total EFP for KV-2 at vet 3? 1300HP with 300/180 armor.

And the cherry in the cake? Inspired Penal PTRS blobs with *80% cooldown support by KV-8s. What could possibly go wrong?
11 Sep 2018, 22:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

As far as receiving feedback for signal relay, the biggest upside of that is locating the USF ambo and major retreat point for stuka and werfer barrages. The ability just isn't too useful and is nothing you can't obtain just by listening through FoW. Not to mention it will probably be the least used muni ability of that doctrine.

Although not as thematic as signal relay, OKW would do a lot better if they a recon source that wasn't either A) cheesey a.k.a. cloaking AT guns, map hax halftrack, or uncounterable flares and B) had more access to smoke abilities.

EDIT: on second thought, maybe hold off on nerfing the uncounterable flares until AA is standardized.
11 Sep 2018, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

For Signal Relay I'd say lump it with Emergency Repairs and make it an ability for light vehicles or just the IRHT and kubel. Signal Relay can be useful but is far too situational to keep as its own separate ability. The commander could really use something else in its spot.
11 Sep 2018, 22:46 PM
Patrion 26

Ostheer - Defensive Doctrine
-We have read some feedback suggesting this doctrine is missing a change to make it a compelling pick. Some players wish to see the Pak43 replaced, however, others enjoy using it (and it is a thematic choice). We would like to see further feedback around the current version of this doctrine.

I'd love to see the Pak43 replaced by an Elefant. 43s are basically just giant stationary targets, whereas the Elefant is (just about) a mobile 43 that is a lot easier to keep alive. It might seem weird to have two tanks on a defence commander, but the Elefant isn't even remotely meant for aggressive offence attacks, it's basically a tank sniper.
11 Sep 2018, 22:49 PM

KV-2 changes are great, I expected a siege mode buff, but making it into a proper heavy tank which can actually fight instead of derping around the battlefield is great too, especially for Urban/Industry since they lack KV-1/T-34-85 to help them out in late game

I hope IS-2 will also recieve Inspire instead of cap territory, its pointless for heavy tanks.

Regarding Signal Relay - It ABSOLUTELY should not get replaced, knowing where enemy tanks are concentrated before sending in Sturmtiger or raiding party of p4 is crucial, currently its most useful ability on commander aside of heat shells

P.S About this Stormtrooper whining, have you considered just spawning them with 2 rifles and 2 mp40 and then simply giving them option to upgrade to either 2xMP40 or 4xStg? This way everyone will be happy.
Maybe that additionnal 2xMP40 upgrade might slightly buff their RA, kinda like MP40 does for Volks in Firestorm doc.
12 Sep 2018, 00:18 AM

It might seem weird to have two tanks on a defence commander, but the Elefant isn't even remotely meant for aggressive offence attacks, it's basically a tank sniper.

Regardless, it'll destroy the theme. And the theme of a commander is more than just aesthetics.

If you're playing a Defensive commander themed with stationary defenses, then you need to plan accordingly and figure out a way to prevent stationary emplacements from being annihilated.

If something can be added to the commander to help with that, then that'd be great. But replacing a stationary emplacement with the Elephant is not the way to go.
12 Sep 2018, 00:34 AM

Regarding Commisar, if blobbing was a concern why give that squad retreat point? Soviets dont actually have non-doc healing outside of their base meaining the only way you can realistically use it is parking your commisar near UKF forward assembly or USF Ambulance and we all know it will end very badly with stuka/offmap wiping everything out

Grenade was a step in right direction, retreat point in my opinion is not.

Unless you want to give this commander a ZiS-6 truck which reinforce and can drop healthpacks or something like that, retreat point will become pointless due to fact you'll have to send your troops back to base for healing, in fact it will become a drawback due to reinforcement penalties
12 Sep 2018, 01:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I still think the commissar should have the vet 1 extra guards model replaced by a medic so they can heal nearby infantry. If FRP is to be kept, the commissar needs that change because there's no forward healing point. Even if the FRP is not kept, the on-field healing would be very helpful. To keep a same-ish close range amount of firepower, give commissar a PPsH.

Scorched Earth still needs a better voice line. It should use the Urban Defense commander's booby trap voiceline instead.

M-42 Canister shots seem to be missing FX when hitting armor. Maybe simply give it a T-70 gun that doesn't require switching, but with damage vs infantry similar to current and add in the canister shot as a aimed vet ability.
12 Sep 2018, 01:21 AM

Edited my post to keep this on topic.

The concern here is that the Stug E will be on the field long before a Brummbar or 105mm Sherman, and that it is more than capable of winning against an AT gun head to head. Depending on the timing, an AT gun may be all that is available to deal with it. If a proper counter to a unit is not available to be built by the opposing team when that unit hits the field, it creates an imbalance. The same imbalance that you feel is happening with Allied light vehicles. I'm looking forward to testing the Stug E and providing my unbiased opinion of it. I've always liked the unit and I'm happy to see it in another doctrine. It doesn't need to be overpowered to be attractive.
12 Sep 2018, 01:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just throwing these out there:

Elite armor repair heals for 300 HP, after a 5 second delay for (?) munis and cannot be canceled.

Soviet self repair is 35 munis, has no delay, and no HP cap other then max HP, and can be toggled off incase of immediate danger.

Can we fix the disparity there? ^^^ Like at least let it be toggleable for OKW so you can at least start moving instead of just sitting there like a duck.

Next while using Soviet radio intercept, the Jaegar callin squad from German infantry company is called panzergrenadiers to the Soviet player. That's probably intentional but very odd.
12 Sep 2018, 02:02 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 01:09 AMKasarov
I still think the commissar should have the vet 1 extra guards model replaced by a medic so they can heal nearby infantry. If FRP is to be kept, the commissar needs that change because there's no forward healing point.

That makes a lot of sense and means the forward retreat point becomes a lot more useful overall.
12 Sep 2018, 02:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

That's my whole point. Allies can do absolutely NO micro, NO flanking, NO tactics whatsoever with their light armor and win every engagement in the early game, while Ostheer has to treat the 222 like a brittle egg that'll crack from a light wind.

What if I told you they all cost more than the 222 and generally arrive later? And that this conversation has nothing to do with the current units in question?

Anyways, on Commissar, I talked about medics and healing prior with the council. We'll see where the iteration lands us.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS