Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
16 Oct 2018, 21:00 PM

I do think the combination of high armor, HP and the ability to lob shells over shot blockers might prove problematic. It can deal damage from safety and will be very hard to kill. Brummbär is already (borderline) OP because of similar traits but that one at least has a low HP pool to balance things out a bit.

I advise you to watch 2v2 tournament games from the weekend.

KV-2 was used, but wasn't overwhelming as you claim.

Brummbar wipes stuff easily, KV-2 didn't in any mode.
16 Oct 2018, 21:44 PM

Problematic how? KV-2 siege mode is literally worse than it was before rework due to nerfs. Brummbar is not borderline overpowered, it IS overpowered because it's performance is completely insane for it's cost and thats not true for 230 fuel CP 14 heavy.
16 Oct 2018, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 20:25 PMKatitof

Yes, but not all tanks, its penetration clearly stats which tanks its supposed to engage.

When su-85 can't pen kt and tiger they nerfed it. Now the same thing happens with kv-2 and you are defending it for some reason.
It's not like panther is an effective counter either.
16 Oct 2018, 22:56 PM

When su-85 can't pen kt and tiger they nerfed it. Now the same thing happens with kv-2 and you are defending it for some reason.
It's not like panther is an effective counter either.

1) KT armor is the exact same 375 it was. Its hp also got completely unchanged.
2) Panther is an effective counter, its exactly why it exists - to counter these super rare allied high armor units, being in utter denial doesn't change that fact.
3) Panther can easily penetrate KV-2, therefore no changes are needed according to your very own logic.
16 Oct 2018, 22:57 PM

By the same logic the 45mm is supposed to inflict heavy damage on elefants and tiger, because its an AT gun?
Why is there an elefant or Jadgtiger if all you need would be JP4s to engage all tanks effectively?

What are you even talking about?
Are 45mm and tigers even on the same tier?
While you are able to counter tigers/kts with jackson and su-85, croc with jp4, pershing with stuG are you not supposed to counter kv-2 with another medium dt as well?
16 Oct 2018, 22:58 PM

What are you even talking about?
Are 45mm and tigers even on the same tier?
While you are able to counter tigers/kts with jackson and su-85, croc with jp4, pershing with stuG are you not supposed to counter kv-2 with another medium dt as well?

KV-2 and Pershing have exactly the same armor.
You have just invalidated your very own argument here.
16 Oct 2018, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 22:58 PMKatitof

KV-2 and Pershing have exactly the same armor.
You have just invalidated your very own argument here.

oh fuck.
I guess that's just some really unfortunate rng for me then.
16 Oct 2018, 23:02 PM

I said that either sturm or panzergrens would be ignored because one of the two would be inevitably better at covering pretty much the same role.

Somehow that turned to "Sturm would be useless and specifically because they are weak"...WOW

You are just further digging the hole trying for strawmans but the truth is...you were looking for someone to jump on and decided to completely ignore 80% of the post and completely modify the meaning of the remaining 20%, or you are dense and you couldn't actually understand it, but either way i'm done, seek for a brawl with ullumullu instead, this thread is for the balance patch.

Point stands. No understanding of the concept of sarcasm or hyperbole.
17 Oct 2018, 06:11 AM

Katitof at his best! He think its ok to need two different tanks (jp4 AND Panther to deal with heavy allie armor and normal mediums)

while allies can easy build their standard td and can now deal WITH all armor targets which axis can bring.

where is the logic to build a jp4 when it cost the same like other TDs but cant deal with its low pene, slow speed, bad accuraccy and low mobitly?

it can counter medium armor? wow! there are replay vs stuve where the jp4 penetratet kv2 only 2 from 10 shoots. seems legit!

why not?
17 Oct 2018, 07:53 AM

Don't blame me for pointing out logical choice.

Blame relic for giving you a stronger tank with a clear role instead of making turretless TD the best you can get non doctrinally.
17 Oct 2018, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 22:56 PMKatitof

Wrong, KT armor was 425 before being nerfed
17 Oct 2018, 08:11 AM

Wrong, KT armor was 425 before being nerfed

Check how many years ago.
Completely irrelevant for anything that happened within last 2-3 patches.
17 Oct 2018, 08:13 AM

wasnt the pene from jp4 lowerd by a patch? why exactly?

they nerfed its camo, speed, view, and even the penetration. im ok with camo and so on...but nerfing pene was over the top. it should give the chance to deal with high armor about long range.

dealing with allie mediums isnt even easy while to its turretless design and fast flanking mediums from allies.

panther is indeed the only chioce actually...it hasent the range...but can deal a lil bit with infantery and have good life/ armor pool to get dmg to armor.
17 Oct 2018, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 08:11 AMKatitof

Check how many years ago.
Completely irrelevant for anything that happened within last 2-3 patches.

The time is irrelevant (not that you actually knew it was changed, you are just deflecting as usual), it has been nerfed specifically because allied tank destroyers had trouble penetrating it on the front. You are in blind denial and applying double standards right there

"King Tiger
Allied late game had an exceptionally difficult time penetrating the frontal armor of the KT, which caused a significant amount of frustration for our players. Telemetry Data we pulled supported the need for change in this area, as it frequently and unfairly prevented any realistic allied comeback. By reducing the armor (to the same value as the IS2) it should make the King Tiger a little bit easier to damage. Its offensive power still remains deadly as always.
Armor reduced from 425 to 375"
17 Oct 2018, 08:18 AM

So now I brought facts in form of replays and video evidence and you dont even try to argue it?
Do I have to assume your argument lost value due to my evidence and now you do ad hominems to get back to me?
Did you even watch the recommended times in the replay and see how the pgrens never couldve pulled of what the sturms did (running next to the enemy base to wipe 2 engineers, running zigzag over the battlefield to spot snipers and dispose of them etc.?

Do partisans and shock troops have the same function for you because both have smgs and overlapping combat ranges? :D
17 Oct 2018, 08:19 AM

wasnt the pene from jp4 lowerd by a patch? why exactly?

they nerfed its camo, speed, view, and even the penetration. im ok with camo and so on...but nerfing pene was over the top. it should give the chance to deal with high armor about long range.

dealing with allie mediums isnt even easy while to its turretless design and fast flanking mediums from allies.

panther is indeed the only chioce actually...it hasent the range...but can deal a lil bit with infantery and have good life/ armor pool to get dmg to armor.

Pre nerf camo was bs.

The only issue is that now the first strike bonus is de fact useless.

I don't recall a pen nerf
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Sweden 26
Poland 9
United States 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias