Login

russian armor

Soviet Team Games

28 Aug 2018, 09:36 AM

OP, try to go instant T1 into Sniper as a first unit. It works well on most maps.

If you're playing against OKW build M3A1 as second unit in order to counter Kubel. You should have enough MP pretty much right after you've finished building a sniper.

Sniper (if supported by your ally) should make short work of OKW sturmpios, Wehr Grens and MG42s.
The only REAL problem is Kubel. That's why you need to build M3A1 in time.

Watch out for enemy sniper.
There are two things that is useful for dealing with him:
- Radio Intercept - it will allow you to know IF enemy sniper was built
- Recon Flight - this will reveal enemy sniper, but comes kinda late

There is only one commander that have both abilities - NKVD Disruption Tactics. Some say that this commander is complete trash because it has only muni abilities, but I feel that after latest series of buffs to Soviet stock units it may be not so bad. I've tested him only a few times so kinda hard to make a conclusion.

Radio Intercept also should help you to find out if enemy went Kubel and so you would know if you need to go M3A1 to counter it. I've came to conclusion that M3A1 is kinda weak investment in 4v4, so I don't build it other than for this purpose.

Once you've pushed enemy back you need to dig down - place sandbags if you have Cons, ask your teammate if you don't.

I usually end up with 1 sniper and 3 penals (one upgraded with PTRS), sometimes one Cons to reinforce flamer CEs and PTRS penals if needed.
28 Aug 2018, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2018, 19:10 PMRosbone
I think you meant to say OKW sucks ass in teams games. If enemy makes MGs, you lose. If they make snipers, you lose.

Double Stuka into Command Panther along with Volks blobs and 2-3 Raks...
28 Aug 2018, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2018, 21:21 PMRosbone
Volks slightly better than cons.

I disagree. They do suppress.

You mean the "oh excuse me sir would you mind moving your MG away from this spot. TY" grenade. Most people let the MG sit there in flames until a model drops then just move it 3 meters and it is safe again to keep suppressing.

Yes, but making a puma usually means you lose in team games.

I was saying the OKW is a joke in team games.

And I did not want to get to far in but:
- Brit AT gun never misses, rapes your puma.
- Centaur rapes your Inf before they can faust.
- Centaur erases your Raketen which misses 2/3 of its shots, if it even gets one off.
- Brit has best MG in game. Its called a bofor. Dirt cheap and damages tanks.

On a narrow 4v4 map one soviet player can erase 2-3 OKW players no problem. 2-maxims, 2-mortars, 2-Zis. A-move across map.

Excuse me but you cry that you lose all games as Allies in 4v4 yet you are here claiming Allies are easy mode? Not sure how this makes any sense.
28 Aug 2018, 12:23 PM

Double Stuka into Command Panther along with Volks blobs and 2-3 Raks...
The game is over by then. And where will you get all this fuel income when you are in your base? You cannot make fuel caches? Can you?
28 Aug 2018, 12:28 PM

Excuse me but you cry that you lose all games as Allies in 4v4 yet you are here claiming Allies are easy mode? Not sure how this makes any sense.
I said during NA times, all allied players are children and will drop after the 1st or 2nd engagement. Assuming they do not crash on load. Which is about 30% of the time. Therefore most NA time allied players lack late game skills. So if you get a game where they stay in the game they will lose it badly after 20-30 minutes in. I have had 100s of games that loses players in the first 10 minutes. And 100s more that we have over 400 VPs but lose anyway to axis that have well under 100 VPs. These are just statistics. Not my personal opinion.

C'mon Bvckdream I thought you were better than this :p
28 Aug 2018, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2018, 12:23 PMRosbone
The game is over by then. And where will you get all this fuel income when you are in your base? You cannot make fuel caches? Can you?

Dude...OKW is not weak in teamgames. Not sure where you get this idea from but it´s wrong.
28 Aug 2018, 15:25 PM

Dude...OKW is not weak in teamgames. Not sure where you get this idea from but it´s wrong.

Reading comprehension fail.

He was saying 2xstuka into comman panther is unrealistic not okw is bad in team games.

Fwiw SU is the strongest currently.
28 Aug 2018, 15:26 PM

Reading comprehension fail.

He was saying 2xstuka into comman panther is unrealistic not okw is bad in team games.

Fwiw SU is the strongest currently.

"Unrealistic" ... lol

If it´s unrealistic why does it absoluty rek allies in 4v4?
28 Aug 2018, 17:17 PM

"Unrealistic" ... lol

If it´s unrealistic why does it absoluty rek allies in 4v4?

Because 4v4 players are bad.

One can't really infer what is strong in a game mode where people don't know how to build, say a clown car with at penials, to counter two stukas.
28 Aug 2018, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned

"Axis have the best AT in the game". Conveniently forgets that SU85s and Jacksons exist, Ost gets PAK40 but no long-range tank destroyer, and OKW has JP4 but no proper AT gun.

"Best handheld AT in the game". Conveniently forgets that Shrecks come on an expensive 4 man anti-infantry squad which costs 37mp to reinforce.

"OKW mainline scales too well into late game". Against what? The only things Volks beat are stock cons. Go and look at the received accuracy and dps stats.

"I had bad rng 1 time in 200 games, Axis OP".

Yeah well I had a kv1 penetrate Panther front armour twice in a row while at the same time Panther bounced against the KV1 twice in a row. Doesn't change the fact that KV1 is usually terrible vs tanks and the Panther is usually very good vs other tanks.

I never said Axis is OP, stop putting words in my mouth and straw manning so hard.

>"Axis have the best AT in the game". Conveniently forgets that SU85s and Jacksons exist, Ost gets PAK40 but no long-range tank destroyer, and OKW has JP4 but no proper AT gun.

Conviently forgets Axis has race car TD Panthers with 260 frontal Armor and 960 hp And even buffed armor at vet 2 (not to forget other buffs they did to them) . OST gets cheap ass Stugs and PAK. ANd because allied armor is made out of swiss cheese while axis any AT option having so much penetration yes, it is better. And let's not pretend Shreck blobs and shrecks in general aren't still laser guided and cheap now after they lowered the price again.
28 Aug 2018, 17:53 PM

TD Panthers with 400 Armor and buffed HP now. OST.

I wish you could get in trouble for blatant bullpudding.
28 Aug 2018, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
OP, try to go instant T1 into Sniper as a first unit. It works well on most maps.

If you're playing against OKW build M3A1 as second unit in order to counter Kubel. You should have enough MP pretty much right after you've finished building a sniper.

Sniper (if supported by your ally) should make short work of OKW sturmpios, Wehr Grens and MG42s.
The only REAL problem is Kubel. That's why you need to build M3A1 in time.

Watch out for enemy sniper.
There are two things that is useful for dealing with him:
- Radio Intercept - it will allow you to know IF enemy sniper was built
- Recon Flight - this will reveal enemy sniper, but comes kinda late

There is only one commander that have both abilities - NKVD Disruption Tactics. Some say that this commander is complete trash because it has only muni abilities, but I feel that after latest series of buffs to Soviet stock units it may be not so bad. I've tested him only a few times so kinda hard to make a conclusion.

Radio Intercept also should help you to find out if enemy went Kubel and so you would know if you need to go M3A1 to counter it. I've came to conclusion that M3A1 is kinda weak investment in 4v4, so I don't build it other than for this purpose.

Once you've pushed enemy back you need to dig down - place sandbags if you have Cons, ask your teammate if you don't.

I usually end up with 1 sniper and 3 penals (one upgraded with PTRS), sometimes one Cons to reinforce flamer CEs and PTRS penals if needed.

I pretty much only go for t1 these days, penals/clown car or snipers. However sniper is risky in team games if u play with randoms and you lose control of the map more or less. Not to forget how BS volk/gren long range accuracy is against snipers. But snipers arent viable in a lot of maps either. NKVD is getting changed too in the next patch towards the better. I don't play 4v4 but 3v3 and digging in and stalling the game usually means you will lose due to the armor axis can field...or if it degenerates to turtling arty fest with million Lefh's or stukas where even sneaking a t-34 to deal with them wont save you.
28 Aug 2018, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned

I wish you could get in trouble for blatant bullpudding.

was a brainfart and I fixed it
28 Aug 2018, 18:20 PM

was a brainfart and I fixed it

Ps you're still wrong to act like it's vet 2 is good. Since they switched the hp and armour, the panther is objectvly worse at vet 2
28 Aug 2018, 18:48 PM

I'm surprised nobody asked OP's playercard. That statements have to belong to 4-digit or near rank player. Though I could agree with some of them from self experience, I saw too many streams with vet3 isu-152, su-85 spam wipes elephant in split second etc so never allow myself to say it aloud.
28 Aug 2018, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Ps you're still wrong to act like it's vet 2 is good. Since they switched the hp and armour, the panther is objectvly worse at vet 2

I'm not acting like the vet 2 on panther is now good, just pointing out that it gets more armor as it vets up meaning it gets tankier. Which it did before with the HP too.
28 Aug 2018, 19:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2018, 18:48 PMHater
I'm surprised nobody asked OP's playercard. That statements have to belong to 4-digit or near rank player. Though I could agree with some of them from self experience, I saw too many streams with vet3 isu-152, su-85 spam wipes elephant in split second etc so never allow myself to say it aloud.

And this is why I didn't post it here because it's just gonna become a dicksize contest and if you're not rank 1 fuck you. I was rank 100 soviet/brit for a long time as soviets in 3v3 main before I started playing AT with my friends who are bad at the game. Believe it or not, I don't care. And now someone will just say reaching that rank is a cakewalk, 3v3 is a noob mode etc etc etc and it just derails actual discussion. And as I've said my statements/claims come purely from team games, mostly 3v3.

Also I doubt it's just some kind of weird occurence that OKW and OSTHEER both have better winrates in the top for 3v3 than Soviets. Or USF for that matter
29 Aug 2018, 00:26 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

It's not a weird occurance that Axis have better winrates in teamgames. Teamgames often go much father into the lategame and what does lategame entail? Armor and lots of it. Axis armor is generally easier to use because most of the armor pieces generally have a higher armor value. The micro that allies generally need to exert in teamgames is often negated by the axis counterpart simply because your shot decided to bounce and deal 0 damage.

Essentially allies need to exert more of their micro pool into armor while axis can bounce shots more frequently which allows for less micro into theirs.

However I wouldn't go anywhere near the fact that soviets are bad, they cover all their bases with a complete roster of tools, something else only found in ostheer.

Another point to make is that OKW and Ostheer which are often paired together are (or were) designed as polar opposites. Where ostheer lacks in durable, strong scaling infantry OKW covers that gap with durable Volks and lategame Obers. Where OKW lacks in support teams Ostheer is there with the phenominal MG42 and pak40.

Essentially the axis factions synergize very well together. As opposed to the allied factions which are, IMO not as well designed. Soviets are more or less ok, although I have some complaints about them. USF in teamgames offers absolutely nothing except infantry for the first 5 minutes typically, and UKF offers a decent MG, but leaves much more to be desired as far as synergy goes between factions.
29 Aug 2018, 05:31 AM

Also I doubt it's just some kind of weird occurence that OKW and OSTHEER both have better winrates in the top for 3v3 than Soviets. Or USF for that matter

I doubt you have any idea what youre talking about as there has not been any winrate information released for two years.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★