Login

russian armor

Storm pioneers are too cheap and too fast to deploy

3 Sep 2018, 02:24 AM

https://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All

:sealed:

I mean, for a 5 year old game, retaining that amount of people is remarkable.

cult following. i frequently ask myself why im still plying yet start it up just the same...

Maybe right before WFA was released and Ele/ISU were nerfed ?

Commander diversity is a bitch to fix, but you can at least reduce the gap in power level between meta commanders and non meta ones. At the end of the day, there's always gonna be a tier 1 commanders but at least we should had a healthy pool of tier 2 and niche options. Also not all commanders should work on 1v1. It's fine that a pool of commanders are only good for teamgames.
EFA commander pool is FUBAR due to the number of them.

For the 8 pool commander factions, if 4 are viable picks, 2 niche and 2 work mostly on teamgames only, i think it would be fine.

ive always ALWAYS said that if they balanced the factions without commanders against each other using JUST their core armies then commanders would be a breeze. you wouldnt have to worry about "well you cant nerf the puma call in because now ost will not have any light tank counter" and stuff like that. if the cores were strong and balanced commanders could be isolated when over performing commanders would be about choice and flavour and tailored play styles instead of required to stand the test of meta and stand a chance.

ive bought many commanders and hve yet to be able to SERIOUSLY pick many of them because required tools are absent, and that shouldnt be the case
3 Sep 2018, 08:17 AM

Go play 1v1 or 2v2 if u care about balance. Nobody cares about what incedirypoop think.

how dare you say that, this game is alive because 73 % comunity plays teamgame mods lol
3 Sep 2018, 17:52 PM

Maybe right before WFA was released and Ele/ISU were nerfed ?

Yes. Also, pre-Brit EFA. Cross WFA-EFA was abysmal throughout and trying to cram Brits into the pool is when EFA started to fall off the rails.

Commander diversity is a bitch to fix, but you can at least reduce the gap in power level between meta commanders and non meta ones. At the end of the day, there's always gonna be a tier 1 commanders but at least we should had a healthy pool of tier 2 and niche options. Also not all commanders should work on 1v1. It's fine that a pool of commanders are only good for teamgames.
EFA commander pool is FUBAR due to the number of them.

For the 8 pool commander factions, if 4 are viable picks, 2 niche and 2 work mostly on teamgames only, i think it would be fine.

EFA commanders, especially Soviets, have a problem with a lot of abilities that more or less could be merged (PMD mines, Partisans, Radio Intercept/Spy Network, Armored Vehicle Detection/Mark Target), or made available to the stock faction (Tank Traps, maybe Con PPSh, ATG ambush or Armored vehicle detection with vet), which would make balancing them much more easy.

Ostheer is the same way, and I think at least merging Defensive Fortifications (Tank Traps) with Entrenching tools (Trenches) is already being explored. Regardless I think this is one of the only methods that will be effective at increasing dynamic commander use.

But you know I think at this point it may be more efficient to have that custom commander module finished rather than trying to unstretch the fabric that makes up EFA commanders.
3 Sep 2018, 22:17 PM

EFA commanders, especially Soviets, have a problem with a lot of abilities that more or less could be merged (PMD mines, Partisans, Radio Intercept/Spy Network, Armored Vehicle Detection/Mark Target), or made available to the stock faction (Tank Traps, maybe Con PPSh, ATG ambush or Armored vehicle detection with vet), which would make balancing them much more easy.

They could but I doubt they should. There should be powerful abilities and weak abilities so that commanders can "equal". For instance one strong ability the other weak or many average abilities.
3 Sep 2018, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 22:17 PMVipper

They could but I doubt they should. There should be powerful abilities and weak abilities so that commanders can "equal". For instance one strong ability the other weak or many average abilities.

Why should the Soviet pay a whole slot in a single already shitty commander when Ost is going to have a selection of tank trap+ commanders, and now when every other instance tank traps come with something else?
4 Sep 2018, 00:03 AM

Why should the Soviet pay a whole slot in a single already shitty commander when Ost is going to have a selection of tank trap+ commanders, and now when every other instance tank traps come with something else?

Actually I suggested that soviet tank traps should me merged with the AT/AI mines.

I am simply pointing out that a selection of strong and weak abilities should available for all factions.

If commanders are to be designed correctly they should be of around "equal power". If for instance each ability a could be valued in scale from 1 to 10 all commanders should have abilities that are valued around 25. Currently there commander with value around 40 and other will value of around 20.

For instance:
Urban Defense Tactics
"Incendiary Artillery Barrage" should be replaced with "IL-2 PTAB Anti-Tank Bombing Run" (good in urban environments)or "IL-2 Precision Bombing Strike" or "mark target". Reason Commander lacks premium medium or heavy call-ins and can use powerful off map.

The continues merging of abilities especially one that do not mix well, like camo/sprint and ppsh/hit the dirt is step in the wrong direction. Other very weak abilities like tank traps should be merged.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★