Login

russian armor

Buff Shocks

PAGES (7)down
28 Jul 2018, 20:40 PM

Seriously they're so freaking bad it's not even funny. PPSH cons do a comparable job while being more cost efficient AND come in a meta doctrine. Why would I use Shocks? Their DPS isn't Ranger/Paras+Thompsons level of good(ask any Axis main what happens if angry Americans with Thompsons come charging). Their armor and smoke grenade are the only things going for them but why would I care? Guards handle everything Shocks can but better PLUS they can counter LV meta.

Buff their lethality to make them worth using, currently Guards>PPSH Cons>>>>>>>>>>>>Shocks when it comes to what's worth using.
28 Jul 2018, 20:44 PM

I just enjoy the fact that they were nerfed(shared nade cooldown, smoke and nade was their only gimmick), despite being crap already.
28 Jul 2018, 20:45 PM

Yea they are pretty trash. They need a decent vet 1 as a start I think. To the last man would be a better one as they go..
28 Jul 2018, 20:49 PM

Swapping costs between guards and shocks would probably be a good start.
28 Jul 2018, 21:13 PM

Yeah, I've been talking about this for a very long time, especially funny the last patch buff that was nerf.
Two things that are minimally required for Shock Troops:
- Increase the range and damage to Rangers and Paratroopers level (it's funny that the 45ACP has more range than 7.62TT, because it is absolutely the reverse)
- Return the use of the smoke grenade separately from the fragmentation.
28 Jul 2018, 21:38 PM

- Increase the range and damage to Rangers and Paratroopers level (it's funny that the 45ACP has more range than 7.62TT, because it is absolutely the reverse)

Realistically, wouldn't the rate of fire of the PPsh41s greatly skew the accuracy? Wouldn't giving them higher accuracy make them super OP too?
28 Jul 2018, 23:04 PM

they are perfect

and sometimes op :)
29 Jul 2018, 00:00 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You have the answer in the OP. Why would I use a CQC only squad when guards do everything better? CQC units are all pretty balanced, but in 1v1 maps favor long range squads as all backbone infantry use long range except for USF which uses mid as optimal. Smoke + frag on separate CDs is just as katitof said, a gimmick. Shocks shine on the few horrible CQC maps of team games, but I don’t think they’ll ever be meta without making them spammable and OP.
29 Jul 2018, 02:00 AM

The only change without making them OP is separate the cooldowns. This way, they can be good flanking unit. Their commanders are not great either so they won't realy be meta.
29 Jul 2018, 05:13 AM

Wait till 2-3 of them rush your units. Shock troops are the Russian equivalent to "omae wa mu shindeiru".
29 Jul 2018, 06:08 AM

Shocks Trooper Strong point is
1.5 Armor mean most Smallarms Expect LMG
Chance 33% to No damage with 6 durable squad
Good CQC fighter but situation to use is Rare case
Vet 1 skill should be change Right?
29 Jul 2018, 06:46 AM

Realistically, wouldn't the rate of fire of the PPsh41s greatly skew the accuracy? Wouldn't giving them higher accuracy make them super OP too?

This seems surprising, but the PPSh-41 has a very smooth recoil and is very easily controlled and better controlled than Thompson.

I don't think that increasing range and damage to Ranger / Paratrooper level will do their OP:
- Ranger / Paratrooper not OP
- Ranger / Paratroopers have two more great advantages: the best grenade, self-healing.
29 Jul 2018, 06:51 AM

Maybe a vet 1 ability similar to what paratrooper with thompson have, I think shoks already have something like this in the campaign, if so just give them that.
29 Jul 2018, 07:51 AM

The theory that Shock troops where nerfed, simply does not hold water.
Patch notes:

Shock Troops
Shock Troops have been adjusted to have lower bleed effects on a player’s manpower due to their short-range while their grenade has been improved to assist with flanks and dislodging team weapons.

Reinforcement time from 6.5 to 5.5 (buff)
Reinforcement cost from 33 to 31 (buff)
Trip-Wire Flares removed
Veterancy 1 now reduces Smoke Grenade cost from 15 to 10
Veterancy 2 -40% Smoke cooldown moved to veterancy 1 (buff)
Grenade Far AOE from 0.15 to 0.5 (buff)
Grenades now share a cooldown (nerf)
Grenade damage type from small explosive to big explosive; can now damage ambient buildings (buff)

Note that the grenade does more than 3 times damage Far which is major buff and the reason why it share CD with smoke grenade.

Thompson do not use a typical SMG profile since their mid DPS is way to high and the reason is to make USF elite infatry more attractive than the already strong riflemen.

(A better solution imo for USF elite would be to lower CP, restrict weapon upgrades and increase utility by providing smoke/fragmentation grenades without tech.)
29 Jul 2018, 08:19 AM

Wait till 2-3 of them rush your units. Shock troops are the Russian equivalent to "omae wa mu shindeiru".

You can't/ shouldn't get 2-3 Shooks because they will bleed your manpower.
1 is already a heavy manpower investment, short and long time.

I use Shooks and they are not worth the investment, high risk low reward (but i like them :D), they definitely need a buff.
29 Jul 2018, 08:48 AM

What's the difference between Penal/Guard a-move blob? 2-3 shocks is only in low level team games probably lol. Even just 2 elite infantry is huge investment in MP.
29 Jul 2018, 11:43 AM

You can't/ shouldn't get 2-3 Shooks because they will bleed your manpower.
1 is already a heavy manpower investment, short and long time.

I use Shooks and they are not worth the investment, high risk low reward (but i like them :D), they definitely need a buff.

Same goes with Rangers and Paratroopers, but still, some people manage to field 2-3 squads for flanking or tank mgs
29 Jul 2018, 12:18 PM

Same goes with Rangers and Paratroopers, but still, some people manage to field 2-3 squads for flanking or tank mgs

A lot depends of the backup they have.

What's going to support these elites better?
Cons or BAR rifles?
29 Jul 2018, 13:01 PM
Donator 11

they are perfect

and sometimes op :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
29 Jul 2018, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2018, 12:18 PMKatitof

A lot depends of the backup they have.

What's going to support these elites better?
Cons or BAR rifles?

BARs definitely
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment