Login

russian armor

USF COMMANDER REVAMP DISCUSSION

4 Aug 2018, 15:41 PM

Honestly i would prefer to see entire Armour Company as another Tech for USF with some additional arty unit.

Only chance to make m10 working again is to move them to T0 and make it accessable after teching T1 and T2.

4 Aug 2018, 16:11 PM

Feels like that belongs with the Pathfinders

Why tho, I don't think that it would be too OP or out or norm. Also it having a long timer and ammo cost means that you will still be better off going with BARs in the long run
13 Aug 2018, 22:11 PM

I think the worst USF Commanders aren't really poorly designed, just under-tuned at the moment.

Armor-
-Assault Engineers are priced as an assault unit, but perform closer to pioneers. They should either be cheaper or gain a 5th man (through vet or by default).
-Elite Vehicle Crews is near useless, as many have said. I'd change it to 2 Thompsons, -20% received accuracy, and faster vehicle disembark for 30mu.
-M10 doesn't bring much to the table as a 0CP T4 unit. Why get it when you could get an M36? I understand it was a problem to allow tech skipping as an 8CP call-in, but there may be a middle ground that would solve both issues. Others have recommended tying it to T3, but I would suggest making it an 8CP call-in again but allowing only 1 to be called in (or on the field?) before T4 is unlocked.
-Bulldozer may need a bit of a firepower increase due to the normal M4's good HE shells.
-240mm is a bit too random for its own good. I'd recommend spreading out its damage more evenly. Or just replacing it with the old 155mm ability.

Tactical Support-
(I'm bothered that it shares a name with a UKF Commander)
-Strafe is quite bad for its cost
-Calliope could use some help

Airborne-
-Depending on tech, either the MG drop or ATG drop is useless. MG drop could be replaced with an Ostheer-like supply drop.

Rifle-
-A weapon upgrade for Riflemen that improves firepower on the move/at closer range would synergize well with Fire Up. 1-3 carbines and/or SMGs.
14 Aug 2018, 08:11 AM

On 1vs1, M10 is on a good spot if you need a fast TD. Sometime you face an Ost player who rush T3 and the M10 is the perfect answer for that. So you only need 90 fuel and can still build a fast scott.

Problem is the commander has nothing else interesting in it.
20 Aug 2018, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 15:41 PMStark
Honestly i would prefer to see entire Armour Company as another Tech for USF with some additional arty unit.

Only chance to make m10 working again is to move them to T0 and make it accessable after teching T1 and T2.

Armor Company is probably the commander most in need of fixing.

In addition to making the M10 a call-in, after T1 & T2, I'd like to see the following changes:

1) Make it self-spotting - the open turret meant that its sight would have been as good as anything else in the game.
2) As a counter to making it self-spotting, make it suffer a main gun crit when taking damage from mortars, grenades, or any type of arty. (self-spotting would make it OP otherwise).
3) Allow a MG upgrade, which the real M10 had as an option.
4) Give it a 100 range, 35 muni barrage ability. M10's were often used as mobile arty.

Other changes:

Either give assault engineers a better base RA, or make them a 5-man squad at the same price, and standardize the reinforce cost to something like 26 mp.

Replace the 240mm arty with the old 180mm arty from Mechanized. It rarely hits, but hits too hard when it does.

Replace the elite crew upgrade with just about anything, but preferably a Pershing. If replaced with a Pershing, make the Pershing buildable from T3 and not a call-in. The Pershing would need to be reworked, as it is overpriced and badly underperforms in team games. If not a Pershing, then replace the elite crew upgrade with Easy 8's, which are currently okay for their cost.

Tactical Support Company also needs remaking. The Calliope was badly overnerfed. It doesn't do anything well. The cooldown is too long for it to work as a good area denial unit, and all three barrages don't do enough damage to make it effective versus OKW trucks.

The P47 strafe is a joke. It should be replaced with the P47 loiter, which should also have its price reduced. Along the same line, the P47 recon seems pointless, as it isn't that much different than the major's recon.

20 Aug 2018, 22:58 PM

I wish they would do something with airborne company. It has way too many callins to be useful and recon support just has so many better aspects that it really doesn't feel worth using at all.
24 Aug 2018, 16:48 PM

I wish they would do something with airborne company. It has way too many callins to be useful and recon support just has so many better aspects that it really doesn't feel worth using at all.

Thompson Paratroopers, Pathfinders with 2 scoped rifles, P47 vs super heavy TDs.
The issue is that the Commander has 3 skills, 2 needing to be reworked into something more useful in my opinion, skipping teach with heavy manpower calls in doesn't work well for USF.
24 Aug 2018, 18:18 PM

How about one of the new commanders get a 12 CP, 250 muni ability that takes you back in time to play a version of the game that's worth playing? Nah, might be too strong.
26 Aug 2018, 16:24 PM

Sorry if im going over the limit with this one. There is just so much that could be done with American doctrines

Elite Armor Company:

Reserve Armor 0CP

Elite verhicle crews 0CP

Riflemen Field Defenses 0CP

M3 Halftrack Assault Group 3CP

M26 Pershing tank 16CP

This one is quite simple. Fielding the best armor the us has and making sure they stay fielded.

Combined arms Company:

Assault engineers 0CP

Rangers 3CP

Combined Arms 4CP

P47 Strafing Run 6CP

105mm M4A3 Sherman 11CP

This one is all about Aggressive play with infantry supported by verhicles.

Anti tank Company

M10 "Wolverine" Tank Destroyer 0CP

Pathfinder 1CP

Rifleman Flares 2CP

Airdropped Combat Group 4CP

P47 Rocket strike 12CP

A company centered around the finding and killing of tanks

Artillery company

I&R Pathfinders 1CP

M21 Mortar Halftrack 2CP

M8 Greyhound 5CP

M4 Sherman Calliope 10CP

240MM howitzer Barrage 12CP

A company for WW1 aficionados, find targets with your Pathfinders and Greyhounds and let is rain down.
1 Sep 2018, 08:32 AM

Armor company sherman dozer needs to be a sherman jumbo with a 105mm gun instead.

Basically a churchill with a brumbar gun. current incantation is too flimsy for a late game tank. Even a kv1 has more use and comes earlier.
1 Sep 2018, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 08:32 AMwongtp
Armor company sherman dozer needs to be a sherman jumbo with a 105mm gun instead.

Basically a churchill with a brumbar gun. current incantation is too flimsy for a late game tank. Even a kv1 has more use and comes earlier.

Visually that's impossible, plus historically inaccurate, there were only ever Jumbos with 75 and 76mm guns.

In-game I guess it can act as a meatshield for the USF.
1 Sep 2018, 16:27 PM

Visually that's impossible, plus historically inaccurate, there were only ever Jumbos with 75 and 76mm guns.

In-game I guess it can act as a meatshield for the USF.

gdamn, you are right. there was no 105mm jumbo.

still having a 76mm variant of jumbo might be good for the viability of armor company. a desperately needed meatshield for US.

works exactly like the churchill. slow but with superb armor and a fairly okayish gun that gets the job done in the long run.
1 Sep 2018, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 16:27 PMwongtp

gdamn, you are right. there was no 105mm jumbo.

still having a 76mm variant of jumbo might be good for the viability of armor company. a desperately needed meatshield for US.

works exactly like the churchill. slow but with superb armor and a fairly okayish gun that gets the job done in the long run.

That's the problem my dude, the game is basically at the end of it's support cycle (Google CoH2 5 year plan if you want even) so Relic are unwilling to even make anything new for the upcoming commanders.

And model importing was disabled back in 2013/2014 when videos started popping up of CoH models in CoH2.

Anyhow, given that the M4 105 Sherman is already present, it was specifically designed to be an infantry support tank so giving it a bit more armor or HP to act as a sort of KV1 or Churchill would not hurt it from a design standpoint from the USF I guess since they really do need a meat shield, problem is making it balanced, but I don't think that's possible given the doctrine it's in, something like Infantry or Rifle Company would suit it more nicely but then again, those doctrines are not in the current revamp list so yeah... Basically, all of the doctrines just need to have their tank call ins reshuffled to make more sense and to make the commanders a bit more useful than now, that's all, even OKW has that problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★