Login

russian armor

USF COMMANDER REVAMP DISCUSSION

21 Jul 2018, 12:55 PM

i propose this change for rifle co.
first rifle co theme "augment your rifleman with abilities and Sherman M4A3E8 ready to be call to support your rifleman (or toe to toe with panzer battalios)"
so here my propose

0cp M4A3E8 Sherman "easy eight" available to call from major post
0cp M2 flamethrower
since rear echelons have smoke so i propose M2 flamethrower to be avaiable for the rifleman and take up BOTH weapons slot so no more Bar or zooks flamethrower
1cp Flare and Sprint
tbh this is 2 ablity one is to support your mortar and pack howie
second to scout the area for nearby MG and third sprint is a good ability and will have synergy with flamethrower and to flank the MG (and for the keep the sprint ability fatigue and free of charge)
3cp browning LMG or 0cp Rifleman field defense
For better long range firepower rifleman able to take browning lMG from base weapons rack (and it also fits rifleman co ) or make rifleman able to build fighting position and lay sandbag and mines (and also fit rifleman theme because and even better because able to create defense position)
8cp white phospourous smoke
this ability is needed no change

well this is my idea for rifle co.
21 Jul 2018, 13:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 18:27 PMTomDRV

I love the merging of sprint and flares, Also, yes, it should be like the Ost sprint without the exhaustion. Could keep the exhaustion if the squad got a ROF increase for a duration, it would make it an assault ability, with the exhaustion allowing a counter attack. rn it's just a crap sprint. Could add M1919A6's too? Could wrap all 3 (M1919A6, fireup & flares) into an rifleman improvement package and give it to the infantry company too in place of the M1919A6's. It feels weird having a whole base feature there for use with only one doc.

I my mods, I have also merge sprint and flares, but something else. I also have replaced the grenade ability with a cooked grenade, still required grenade research. The voice line is about veteran riflemen and cooked grenades are a elite ability so it does fit quite well.

For the sprint ability the exhaustion is some what needed.
Oorah lasts for 10 seconds. Granted Conscripts a still a lower quality of infantry but in the early game vs Ostheers MGs, it lasts for a extremely long time.
Ostheer Sprint only for 5 seconds. This does not last very long and so it allows for the unit runs for cover and that is about it.
Assault Grenadier Sprint (this is separate from regular sprint) Still only lasts for 5 seconds which is really not enough to close the gap from max vision to recommended firing.
Fire it up does last for 10 seconds before exhaustion but riflemen are a high quality of infantry. I do recommend exhaustion duration should be reduce to 3 around seconds.
21 Jul 2018, 13:37 PM

Anyway, some proposals for a partial rework of the top two voted commanders: Armor Company and Tactical Support Company.

• ASSAULT ENGINEERS - 0 CP
    Boost Assault Engineers to 5 men, making them a strong combat squad, and give them the ability to drop Sturmpioneer/M3 Halftrack medical crates. Swap Rear Echelon Flamers and Assault Engineers over so Armor Company has the cheap flamers and Rifle Company has the new pseudo-Sturmpios that can support Riflemen as an early flanking unit and medical crate dropper.

• M5 HALFTRACK - 3 CP
    Combine the M3 Halftrack (Mechanized) and the M5 Halftrack (Tactical Support) into one ability. The new ability calls in the M5 Halftrack with Step On It instead of Overdrive and a squad of the reworked Assault Engineers in the back. It does not have the medical crate drop: that's moved to Assault Engineers where it's arguably more useful and useable.
21 Jul 2018, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 13:37 PMLago

Boost Assault Engineers to 5 men, making them a strong combat squad

Alternatively Assault engineers could acquire the same 5man squad size with vet3. Assault engies fall off in utility quite rapidly, whereas a 5 man AE squad early in the match could potentially beat every starting axis unit, even sturm pios, consistently.
21 Jul 2018, 14:54 PM

If they get to point blank, sure, but CQC squads tend to lose if they charge from the front because they lose models on the approach.

Plus CP0 Assault Engineers would only be available to the otherwise lackluster Rifle Company.
21 Jul 2018, 15:54 PM

US Infantry Company:
1) 0 point Flamethrower upgrade fo Rear Echelon
2) 0 point Easy Eight
3) 3 points 50 cal hmg Airdrop
4) 3 points Sprint + m1a1 weapon upgrade with total of 4 m1a1 in squad of Riflemen 1 weapon slot each(m1a1 like paratroopers rifle)
5) Incendiary fire Artillery Barage (same as soviet)
22 Jul 2018, 11:03 AM

Tactical Support Company

I made a troll thread about this doctrine before. Just to show how bad it is. The only good thing it has currently are the M1919 LMGs which are also in other doctrines so there is basically no point in going Tactical Support Company.

0 CP - M10 Wolverine (requires Major)
3 CP - M1919 LMGs
4 CP - P47 loiter recon
10 CP - Calliope, reduced price 380 MP, 115 fuel
12 CP - P47 anti tank loiter

Currently you really lack AT capabilites when you go for Calliope because USF relies on Jacksons to provide good AT and you won´t have fuel for both unless you have superior map control.

That´s why I replaced the comically bad P47 AI strafe with the P47 AT loiter of Airborne Company and replaced the useless M5 HT with the M10. The idea behind it is to offer a cheap AT option (Wolverine) and a munitions based AT option for late game.

22 Jul 2018, 11:14 AM

Mechanized Company

I really dislike this entire doctrine to be honest. WC 51 and Mortar Ht can be decent BUT everything else basically flat out sucks and is fuel based. M5 with Assault Engineers is meh at best. 76 Sherman isn´t even a real upgrade to the regular Sherman.

0 CP - Sherman Easy 8 (because it´s a real upgrade instead of 76 Sherman)
0 CP - WC 51
2 CP - Mortar HT
4 CP - Combined Arms of Heavy Cav
8 CP - M83 Cluster Mines of Recon Support Company (needed as a option to clear out AT guns and MGs)

22 Jul 2018, 11:19 AM

Currently you really lack AT capabilites when you go for Calliope because USF relies on Jacksons to provide good AT and you won´t have fuel for both unless you have superior map control.

That´s why I replaced the comically bad P47 AI strafe with the P47 AT loiter of Airborne Company and replaced the useless M5 HT with the M10. The idea behind it is to offer a cheap AT option (Wolverine) and a munitions based AT option for late game.

Imo this is actually bad design.

Calliope is almost impossible to counter with artillery leaving the most viable option diving with tanks against it. This design removes that option with cheap m10 and loiter. In addition gives a powerful off map combo with loiter recon planes/strafe planes.

The design leaves very little to counter Calliope.

Imo the idea behind commander revamp should not be to create OP commanders to compete with the current meta and thus narrowing the meta but bringing the commander at same power level proving different option better fitting play-styles and making meta wider.
22 Jul 2018, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2018, 11:19 AMVipper

Imo this is actually bad design.

Calliope is almost impossible to counter with artillery leaving the most viable option diving with tanks against it. This design removes that option with cheap m10 and loiter. In addition gives a powerful off map combo with loiter recon planes/strafe planes.

Imo the idea behind commander revamp should not be to create OP commanders and thus narrowing the meta but bringing the commander at same power level proving different option better fitting play-styles and making meta wider.

Yeah I didn´t keep in mind that recon + P47 loiter would be OP. M10s are fine though, you wont be able to spam them anyways if you go 1-2 Calliopes.

So here is the rework:

Tactical Support Company

I made a troll thread about this doctrine before. Just to show how bad it is. The only good thing it has currently are the M1919 LMGs which are also in other doctrines so there is basically no point in going Tactical Support Company.

0CP- Rifleman Field Defenses
0 CP - M10 Wolverine (requires Major)
3 CP - M1919 LMGs
4 CP - P47 loiter recon
10 CP - Calliope, reduced price 380 MP, 115 fuel

22 Jul 2018, 11:25 AM

M5 with Assault Engineers is meh at best.

Stick two bazooka RE squads in one and use Step On It. You can circlestrafe turreted tanks.
22 Jul 2018, 12:00 PM

M5 with Assault Engineers is meh at best.

The m3 is more cost efficient than Ostheer 250.

76 Sherman isn´t even a real upgrade to the regular Sherman.

The 76 Sherman can become broken reaching a reload speed bellow 2 secs and its veterancy needs to be looked at.

(edit m5 to m3).
22 Jul 2018, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2018, 12:00 PMVipper

The m5 is more cost efficient than Ostheer 250.

The 76 Sherman can become broken reaching a reload speed bellow 2 secs and its veterancy needs to be looked at.

M5 is more cost efficient than Ostheer 250? What does it matter, neither get used.

76 Sherman doesnt have below 2 secs reload either. It has 2.3 - 2.52 secs vet 3 reload. Almost the same as OKW vet 5 P4 who has 2.6 - 2.79 while P4 has way better AOE, better scatter, better sight, better armor and better accuracy.

76 Sherman veterancy isnt even that good if you consider it gets neither armor buff, scatter buff, accuracy buff or AOE buff. The only good thing it has is reload speed, so what are you talking about?
22 Jul 2018, 13:16 PM

You guys mean the Mechanized M3, right?
22 Jul 2018, 13:30 PM

M5 is more cost efficient than Ostheer 250? What does it matter, neither get used.

76 Sherman doesnt have below 2 secs reload either. It has 2.3 - 2.52 secs vet 3 reload. Almost the same as OKW vet 5 P4 who has 2.6 - 2.79 while P4 has way better AOE, better scatter, better sight, better armor and better accuracy.

76 Sherman veterancy isnt even that good if you consider it gets neither armor buff, scatter buff, accuracy buff or AOE buff. The only good thing it has is reload speed, so what are you talking about?

You forget the bonus from radio network that can bring the reload down to around 1.8.
23 Jul 2018, 13:13 PM

Mechanized Company

I really dislike this entire doctrine to be honest. WC 51 and Mortar Ht can be decent BUT everything else basically flat out sucks and is fuel based. M5 with Assault Engineers is meh at best. 76 Sherman isn´t even a real upgrade to the regular Sherman.

0 CP - Sherman Easy 8 (because it´s a real upgrade instead of 76 Sherman)
0 CP - WC 51
2 CP - Mortar HT
4 CP - Combined Arms of Heavy Cav
8 CP - M83 Cluster Mines of Recon Support Company (needed as a option to clear out AT guns and MGs)

I like this one, but i would change M83 Cluster Mines to Artilery Barrage from I&R Pathfinders for 140 munitions, since it has really good wipe potential and mines sometimes leave 1 guy alive.
23 Jul 2018, 15:12 PM

Mechanized Company

I feel that mechanized has too many vehicle related abilities that going for all of them is pretty much impossible or not worth the fuel investment

0 CP - Field Promotion (Rifleman when vet up to vet 2 and 3 will acquire a corporal and a sergeant
respectively. The corporal and sergeant will be armed with an M3 Grease Gun and Thompson SMG respectively)
0 CP - Armor Reserves (Able to produce M10 TD & M4A3(76) Shermans)
0 CP - WC51 call in (With the old mechanized artillery call in as an ability)
4 CP - Combined Arms
5 CP - Cavalry Rifleman & M3 Halftrack call in

I was thinking that the field promotion would be an upgrade like the weapon rack and grenades, though I don't know if this is possible in the game.
23 Jul 2018, 16:29 PM

Armor Company

Rationale- This commander mostly suffers from the fact that HE Shermans greatly overshadow Bulldozer and non-functional abilities (Thompsons and RNG Bombs).

Changes - Tweak Bulldozer into something like a Brummbar. Make RNG bombs less RNG (closer to Railway Arty). Elite Vehicle Crews - Turned into an upgrade - some nominal bonus that could be A) Increased Repair Speed and/or B) Similar to Brit Tank Commander that gives slight accuracy, sight, etc. Bonus. Assault Engineers are still pretty underutilized despite recent buff - I think adding a 5th member veterancy to Vet 3 would help them scale a bit better and would help.

Airborne

Rationale - Pretty good commander but could be tweaked to be more efficient. I don't think it needs a ton of changes but a few changes would be great for QOL.

Changes - Change Support Weapon Paradrops by reducing MP and adding Munitions cost. Pathfinders - I don't know honestly, nobody uses them even after last round of buffs. Move them to CP0 or add some kind of ability like Vehicle Mark Target?

28 Jul 2018, 14:27 PM

Common

Rifleman : vet 1 anti-tank grenade launcher-> accuracy +10%

now can use AT grenade when t1 or t2 is upgraded

garand far accuracy 51.75->55% far cooldown 125%->120%

vet 3 weapon damage bonus add(bazooka dmg 80->100, garand dmg 8->10)

BAR muni cost 60->50

grenade upgrade cost 150mp 25fuel -> 125mp 15fuel

M20 utility car : cost 320/20 -> 240/30, delete crew bazooka, now equiped skirts basically, Mounted .50cal penetration 3/2/1 -> 7/6/5,
far accuracy 20% -> 35%

Major squad size 3->4

M8 greyhound : 4cp) call-in unit, can build M6 AT mine, cannon dmg 40->60

Airborne : -8% received accuracy add basically, vet2 field medic -> vet 1

Thunderbolt rocket strike Muni cost 240 -> 200

M26 pershing : HP 800 -> 960, HVAP effect add(crew shock or engine destroy),

Rangers : now can use only 1 squad on the field, add smoke grenade and sachel, Ranger lead the way! buff add(equal to UKF airlanding officer charge)

Rifle company
0cp) Ez8 tank : add WP round skill(= comet) in vet 1

0cp) rifleman special trainning : riflemans can build sandbag and mine, can use flare and cocked grenade(need grenade unlock)

2cp) fire up : equal to weh Encirclement sprint skill, penalty deleted, can use all infantry squad except echelon and weapon team

3cp) Assult rifleman squad : 3 carbine and 2 thompson equiped, can upgrade 1 M2 flamethrower, can use smoke grenade but cant use AT rifle grenade

5cp) foward observing artillery support : Lietenant and captain can use rapid barrage skill(120dmg 7rounds 120 muni cost)

Tactical support
6cp) strafing run -> 12cp) bombing run

buff calliope rocket AOE dmg

armor company
wolverin -> 7cp) call-in unit,

bulldozer -> major tier unit, buff rounds speed

delete crew thompson upgrade and add Elite crew trainnig(repair speed increase and receive veterancy gain+ 15%)

In GCS, USF win rate was just vsOKW 28%, vsWeh 38%

Out of total 76 games(including HulkSMASH vs Theodosios game 1 and 2),

OKW : SOV = 13:9
OKW : UKF = 2:0
OKW : USF = 7:2
OST : SOV = 10:22
OST : UKF = 2:1
OST : USF = 6:2

Barbarossa

OKW : SOV = 6:10
OKW : UKF = 7:1
OKW : USF = 3:2