russian armor

Churchill AVRE

22 Jul 2018, 08:33 AM

double post
22 Jul 2018, 08:41 AM

but seriously avre is in good spot right now
this thread is closed
22 Jul 2018, 15:25 PM

I am willing to bet that the OP is experiencing AEC stun shots and Firefly tulip rockets in these scenarios.

The tulip rockets and firefly shell can deal up to an additional 440 damage. Combined with the 40 damage stun shot from an AEC, you're at 920 damage and have 3 more seconds of stun shot to expire.

Even without firefly support, AEC stuns can make it extraordinarily easier to hit your intended target with the AVRE. Without it, the AVRE isn't much better or worse than the Sturmtiger.

The AVRE has just got synergy with units when used ingame that you typically won't be able to glean from stats neckbearding.
23 Jul 2018, 09:19 AM

avre is in better spot than Sturmtiger.

it has turret, reload ON THE MOVE (!!!!), is fast and vet faster than its okw pendant. if it would be buffed...Sturmtiger need rework...cause it needs MUCH more micro, is less effective (you must back to base to reload, has no turrent, is slower,...) and its easier to avoid Sturmtiger than avre....

and comon Katitf...on your 50 axis games...u never seen/ fight a avre at enemy teams.
23 Jul 2018, 10:10 AM

avre is in better spot than Sturmtiger.

it has turret, reload ON THE MOVE (!!!!), is fast and vet faster than its okw pendant. if it would be buffed...Sturmtiger need rework...cause it needs MUCH more micro, is less effective (you must back to base to reload, has no turrent, is slower,...) and its easier to avoid Sturmtiger than avre....

and comon Katitf...on your 50 axis games...u never seen/ fight a avre at enemy teams.

I didn't actually.

You know what I did seen?
Sturmtiger.

You know why?
Because its useful compared to AVRE.

You know why is that?
Because it doesn't matter how many shots you can shoot if opponent will not be there when it lands, which is not a problem shared by ST due to its range advantage.
23 Jul 2018, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 10:10 AMKatitof

I didn't actually.

Sturmtiger.

You know why?

You know why is that?
Because it doesn't matter how many shots you can shoot if opponent will not be there when it lands, which is not a problem shared by ST due to its range advantage.

you know that you NEVER played brits? Yo you never played avre...you cant tell anything about it. i played both..sttiger adn avre,..avre is a hell easier to play and give you better rewards. Hell..i managed to shot twice while one fight:

first shot on a panther...after this the enemy hunt my avre around a house. long enough that i can should a secound time. try this with a sttiger...on a urban map, where the sttiger turns sloooooowwwwwly and lift up slooooowly its little nose and will shot a slow flying rocket. you should try avre...a turret...faster moving---much easier in urban maps and peak&poo look 3 sec behind shot blockers and turn back..
23 Jul 2018, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 10:10 AMKatitof

I didn't actually.

Sturmtiger.

You know why?

You know why is that?

Sturmtiger is useful? Making memes isn't exactly considered being of in-game use.

Churchill AVRE is pretty beastly, one of the few excellent units left in Brits. It's especially good for its price.
23 Jul 2018, 14:02 PM

Sturmtiger rocket deals 580. AVRE deals 440.

Therefore Sturmtiger is better. The bigger number is better. Just like post counts. This is the extent and depth of analysis you should expect given the person you're responding to.
23 Jul 2018, 14:57 PM

AVRE over ST any day.
It's turret makes a huge difference as does not having to remember to reload it. Additionally at their heart they are anti structure units, the AVRE does that well the Sturm tiger does not. An unbraced mortar pit can tank a ST rocket but AVRE one and does anything save okw trucks whom shouldn't be OHK anyways.
Plus vet being attainable and good is a pretty big boon for the AVRE too
24 Jul 2018, 09:33 AM

The AVRE got pretty well adjusted in the last Balance patch. He is now in a good spot and unlike the ST it cant shoo through sight blocker so you cant be surprised by a rocket bomb.
It can be countered by dodging with micro and flank attacks when the AVRE is on reload.
24 Jul 2018, 10:32 AM

There's remarkably little difference between the two units now.

• The Sturmtiger has greater range and damage.

• The AVRE is 60MP 20FU cheaper and can reload on the move.

That's pretty much it. The AVRE's turret in practice makes little difference to firing the Petard Mortar: the AVRE has to stop to fire it and it turns at the same speed as the Sturmtiger.
24 Jul 2018, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 10:32 AMLago
There's remarkably little difference between the two units now.

• The Sturmtiger has greater range and damage.

• The AVRE is 60MP 20FU cheaper and can reload on the move.

You forgot about that the Sturmtiger can shoot through sight blockers, that's a huge advantage over the AVRE.
24 Jul 2018, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 10:38 AMmadin2

You forgot about that the Sturmtiger can shoot through sight blockers, that's a huge advantage over the AVRE.

Patch notes:

Sturmtiger
The Sturmtiger is being adjusted to better match its performance to its cost while making it more consistent.
Can no longer fire through buildings; projectile will collide with large obstacles/vehicles
24 Jul 2018, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 10:38 AMmadin2

That was ditched several patches ago if I recall correctly.
24 Jul 2018, 10:43 AM

But it still can shoot through hedges
24 Jul 2018, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 10:43 AMmadin2
But it still can shoot through hedges

Everything with a projectile can shoot through hedges.
24 Jul 2018, 11:30 AM

ST need a advantage over its less mobilty and reload malus!
24 Jul 2018, 12:23 PM

ok ulumule so lets nerf avre why not brits already dead
24 Jul 2018, 12:47 PM

ST need a advantage over its less mobilty and reload malus!

Like.... greater AoE, range and damage?
24 Jul 2018, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 12:47 PMKatitof

Like.... greater AoE, range and damage?

Unfortunately, that does not outweigh the disadvantages of slower, after every shot back to the base, recharge ... to the front and the slow speed of rotation as well as the uselessness in urban maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★