50%
0%
10%
0%
Total votes: 20
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Jul 2018, 21:26 PM

Static arty.
Two kinds of players use it. Those who play with it for base-rapin and those who dont make their investement worth it.
The way they work just makes them terrible for the idea of supportin frontline troops with area denial, but excelent at a skill-less harrasment of enemy base
Too little chance to ever hit anythin (the fact that they just walk away would be considered a win for an area denial, but then ur stuck on cooldown for too long to make the investement worth somethin) coupled with a too long cooldown (meaning they never really vet up to get the lowered cooldown)
However, no worries, u can make up for that by shootin into that one point where all enemy squads have to go sooner or later.

I guess if they would get the vet2/3 cooldown bonus as soon as they are built and got the range greatly nerfed in exchange for that, it might become worth to use them in the proper way. The vet could then be replaced by pretty much anythin
19 Jul 2018, 02:18 AM

Howitzers are pretty ok right now.

SU's are good for putting on pressuring OKW bases to a dumb degree. Giving these the vet 2 and 3 cooldown bonus would mean that it would have practically 0 cooldown off the bat. Building on pretty much guarantees that the sturmpionier is completely out of the fight for the rest of the game.

OKW's are good for when you don't want to build a stuka and want to have some way of dealing with team weapons, like the 120mm or sim city, as the LeIG is terrible in that regard. It can even kill katyushas every once and awhile.

While I'm here, does the LEFH counter battery fire, fire any more accurately, or is its bonus purly the 0 micro requirements for it?

Howitzers are sorta like snipers in the sense they have a high upfront cost for what they bring to the table, but they steadily bleed the enemy.
19 Jul 2018, 07:39 AM

While I'm here, does the LEFH counter battery fire, fire any more accurately, or is its bonus purly the 0 micro requirements for it?

Counter battery is better than normal fire. If I remember correctly Lefh get more AOE while Wefer more range.
19 Jul 2018, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 07:39 AMVipper

Counter battery is better than normal fire. If I remember correctly Lefh get more AOE while Wefer more range.

how does this abilty actually work? aim it every indirect unit, when CD is ready?

aim it katjuschas, mortars, emplacements...? or which unit attack it when there are some more than one?
19 Jul 2018, 07:52 AM

how does this abilty actually work? aim it every indirect unit, when CD is ready?

aim it katjuschas, mortars, emplacements...? or which unit attack it when there are some more than one?

As far as I know, it will fire against the first unit that uses indirect fire and is in range, than it will go into cool down and it will repeat.
19 Jul 2018, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 07:52 AMVipper

As far as I know, it will fire against the first unit that uses indirect fire and is in range, than it will go into cool down and it will repeat.

isnt it than ineffectivly? it istn much micro to aim the target you want...sure..you wouldent use it everytime its cd is ready...but you can wisely choose and could destroy blobbs or tanks while repairing.
19 Jul 2018, 08:26 AM

isnt it than ineffectivly? it istn much micro to aim the target you want...sure..you wouldent use it everytime its cd is ready...but you can wisely choose and could destroy blobbs or tanks while repairing.

Depends if you want to stop enemy mortars or static howitzers it is effective, some times it is even effective vs Katyushas.

Else one is better off to use auto fire.

19 Jul 2018, 08:48 AM

maybe offtopic but all rocket arty should be doctrinal
19 Jul 2018, 09:09 AM

Stock artillery is there to break ATG walls and turtling. It is needed else the game would become too defensive.
19 Jul 2018, 09:12 AM

And team weapon spammers reigned ever supreme.
19 Jul 2018, 09:26 AM

Counter battery starts the moment an enemy barrage ability is activated. It already starts aiming and firing while the enemy indirect fire / arty piece is still setting up, so it actually has a much higher chance to hit mobile units. That said, I don't think it's accurate enough to consistantly counter mobile artillery or rocket systems. The Priest is basically immune anyway.
19 Jul 2018, 09:41 AM

I really like how they've dealt with some previously wipe-or-miss units and abilities - increase AoE, but reduce lethal radius.

This was done for 120mm mortar for example and IMO results are positive for both sides - giving and recieving.

I think this is the way to go.

Other thing I have in mind is to add stun effect in AoE larger than damaging AoE.
19 Jul 2018, 09:53 AM

Other thing I have in mind is to add stun effect in AoE larger than damaging AoE.

Stun affects for howitzers that fire multiple shells would be too much, other affects like "shell shock" that would lower the DPS could be allot more balanced.
19 Jul 2018, 10:59 AM

I really like how they've dealt with some previously wipe-or-miss units and abilities - increase AoE, but reduce lethal radius.

This was done for 120mm mortar for example and IMO results are positive for both sides - giving and recieving.

I think this is the way to go.

I would really like this. Howitzers are cancer when spammed in team games, mostly because of random wipes. This would achieve the same effects (area denial and countering static defenses) without being as devastating or annoying.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the range reduction so they won't be able to hit base sectors.
19 Jul 2018, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 09:53 AMVipper

Stun affects for howitzers that fire multiple shells would be too much, other affects like "shell shock" that would lower the DPS could be allot more balanced.

I agree on stun. I don't like mechanics that take away control of unit. Suppression would be better.

Suppression for multi-shell howitzers is a way to make them do at least something against infantry (holding them in area of barrage for some time through speed reduction). You can argue that they are not supposed to be used against mobile units, but in combination of reduction of lethal radius that I've mentioned earlier, I think it would be fine.
19 Jul 2018, 13:09 PM
Donator 11

The game doesn't lend itself to these kind of emplacements/static guns.

The amount of offmap bombs,strafes, and art pin point barrages make them worthless as there are no counters to off maps. Another thing is that they are a large investment and seemingly only fit in to 4v4 where someone has resources to spare.

20 Jul 2018, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 09:12 AMKatitof

And team weapon spammers reigned ever supreme.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 09:09 AMVipper

Stock artillery is there to break ATG walls and turtling. It is needed else the game would become too defensive.

ok so we got turtle factions like wermaht or even okw and they have rocket arty and we got usf mobile faction witout option to break through mg spam or sometimes even bunkers.Then comes usf mortar or howitzer rekt by stuka and werfer. My point of viev is 4v4 when sometimes u dont have options to flank so as i said fak logic turtle factions with non doc rocket arty asymatrical balance as fak
stuka zu fuzz > m8 scott
stuka tier 2
m8 tier 3 :guyokay:

USF in 4vs4 only worth it when chose priests but maybe its another problem that 4vs4 is arty fest
20 Jul 2018, 11:07 AM

ok so we got turtle factions like wermaht or even okw and they have rocket arty and we got usf mobile faction witout option to break through mg spam or sometimes even bunkers...

In 4vs4 games you can use your Major to bomb enemy strong points.

You can also use MHT, Priest and Calliope or ask your Soviet teammate to make katiushas and you in return can provide M36s.

If one makes wefer, katiushas and stuka doctrinal it will create more problems in 1vs1 2vs2 (especially with the nerfs to mortars) than solve in 4vs4 (the problem comes from the economy and not the units).

But we drifting off topic, the topic is Howitzers not rocket arty.
20 Jul 2018, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 11:07 AMVipper

In 4vs4 games you can use your Major to bomb enemy strong points.

You can also use MHT, Priest and Calliope or ask your Soviet teammate to make katiushas.

If one makes wefer, katiushas and stuka doctrinal it will create more problems in 1vs1 2vs2 than solve in 4vs4.

Caliope and priests are awesome i know that but my point is that non doc design sucks hard why someone decide okw need stuka and usf dont i dont get it. So if mortar is enough for usf i guess should be enough for okw right ? Okw dont need stuka because usf dont need caliope to survive
If u ask me sturmtiger should be in tier 3 and stuka in commander and buff mg34 and add it too tier 2 :romeoMug:
23 Jul 2018, 05:52 AM

ok so we got turtle factions like wermaht or even okw and they have rocket arty and we got usf mobile faction witout option to break through mg spam or sometimes even bunkers.Then comes usf mortar or howitzer rekt by stuka and werfer. My point of viev is 4v4 when sometimes u dont have options to flank so as i said fak logic turtle factions with non doc rocket arty asymatrical balance as fak
stuka zu fuzz > m8 scott
stuka tier 2
m8 tier 3 :guyokay:

USF in 4vs4 only worth it when chose priests but maybe its another problem that 4vs4 is arty fest

nice try. stuka is better than scott? than your scott play must be improved! scott is very good...snipes models about huge range ..while driving, can smoke and wipes here and there. Stuka isnt the unit 2 years ago...u know?

and USF has nothing vs ost spam ? kidding, right? use mortar, callins and your own artillery. yes..u have the biggest range mobile mortar in the game...you know?

u know waht cancer is? i tell you...brits with the right commander. they have really the abilty to turle hard and break all defence at the same time with callins and base arty.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★