Login

russian armor

Valentine tank popcap

7 Jul 2018, 05:39 AM

Valentine tank from the British Royal artillery doctrine has one of the best scouting ability in the game. But their pop cap is 12 same as p4, I think it is too much. Maybe the PopCap should be like 8 or 9 like the aec.
7 Jul 2018, 08:44 AM

Valentine tank from the British Royal artillery doctrine has one of the best scouting ability in the game. But their pop cap is 12 same as p4, I think it is too much. Maybe the PopCap should be like 8 or 9 like the aec.

Oh its way too much, that thing's a piece of crap too. I tired to use it a few times because I thought it could be a good substitute for for an AEC allowing you to tech to a Bofors but still get light tank to deal with roaving Axis light vehicles. The price I guess is fine and I can live with the CP 6 availability, but the pop is way too much. That being said it feels like its worse than an AEC in terms of penetration and damage. I guess its got more HP and armor though.
7 Jul 2018, 09:25 AM

Pop should go, the CP also.

On the other hand the Radar should become an upgrade and limit to 1.
7 Jul 2018, 13:58 PM

Permanently Banned
People forgot to change the valentine because the doctrine sucks and nobody cares. I'm sure next patch it'll be fixed.
7 Jul 2018, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2018, 09:25 AMVipper

swap the recon and the victor target. a vet ability shouldnt require other units, plus...like.... it never gets used in combat so as it is now they could remove all its vet and nothing would change... it should be a light tank first and fall back to recon, not over priced map hacks
10 Jul 2018, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2018, 09:25 AMVipper

ir ht : non doctrine unit. 200/5. tier1 unit.
10 Jul 2018, 07:49 AM

ir ht : non doctrine unit. 200/5. tier1 unit.

Hint IRHT does not have a gun or any other utility than scan, it is also a HT and not a Tank. Finally I wold have no issue if IRHT was also limited to 1 or even if it become doctrinal.
10 Jul 2018, 09:52 AM

If IRHT was limited to 1 it would probably ruin the game
10 Jul 2018, 10:43 AM

Was that sarcasm?
10 Jul 2018, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 10:43 AMLago
Was that sarcasm?

Considering the fact you never get more then 1 anyway, I'd say yes.
10 Jul 2018, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2018, 11:00 AMKatitof
Considering the fact you never get more then 1 anyway, I'd say yes.

You never know on here. There's probably someone who builds six and considers that a faction-shattering nerf.
10 Jul 2018, 12:24 PM

Edit: i shouldnt read while working
10 Jul 2018, 12:56 PM

wtf? no popcap? 200mp and 5 fuel? did i read right? this is alight tank..

if this would be come true....i would spam them into lategame

They're talking about the OKW searchlight halftrack.
10 Jul 2018, 13:42 PM

Problem is that it's combat ability sucks - it's main gun damage means it's can't fight vehicles reliably and it's AI is nowhere close to T70 despite costing similarly. All you're left with is the artillery synergy with Sexton which is referred to as the Suxton for a reason... Of course if you buff it's AI too much then you're probably going to get some kind of Mobile Defense meta problem where every other Brit player crutches on Valentine call-in.
10 Jul 2018, 14:10 PM

Problem is that it's combat ability sucks - it's main gun damage means it's can't fight vehicles reliably and it's AI is nowhere close to T70 despite costing similarly. All you're left with is the artillery synergy with Sexton which is referred to as the Suxton for a reason... Of course if you buff it's AI too much then you're probably going to get some kind of Mobile Defense meta problem where every other Brit player crutches on Valentine call-in.

Isn't it exactly supposed to be a utility vehicle with some self-defense armament? I wouldn't change anything performance-wise to avoid accidentally creating a T70 clone. Just keep it simple and reduce the cost and popcap.
10 Jul 2018, 16:52 PM

Isn't it exactly supposed to be a utility vehicle with some self-defense armament? I wouldn't change anything performance-wise to avoid accidentally creating a T70 clone. Just keep it simple and reduce the cost and popcap.

Well I think the design intention was to have a light tank that could support Sexton with it's abilities but it's so bad as a light tank that paying 70 fuel (80?) for a glorified IR Halftrack is pointless. AEC is much better AT so I think it'd be better as a Greyhound-type analog though probably not as good as Greyhound due to it's added Arty abilities.
10 Jul 2018, 22:07 PM

I'd rather have the Val function as a tank for its cost and have IR a bonus than pay that much for IR and have an emergency confetti cannon strapped to it for giggles
12 Jul 2018, 14:53 PM

IR is like the most op ability. You know exactly where your enemy is, and your sniper is never going to get counter sniped
12 Jul 2018, 16:28 PM

IR is like the most op ability. You know exactly where your enemy is, and your sniper is never going to get counter sniped

100% agree. I wish they would just remove IR abilities from the game. Its silly that you can just sit your unit behind a shot blocker and get free map hacks all game. At the very least it should be made a timed ability for a muni cost, say 50 muni for a 10 second scan then a 3 minute cooldown. This way it would be good for preparing a assault but wouldnt really help the stagnent players who just sit behind there mgs and mortor you to pieces because the can see all your units.
12 Jul 2018, 19:23 PM

I don't disagree that on paper it's very useful but you very rarely see OKW buy the IR Halftrack let alone the Valentine. I can only speculate why it's rarely used when it looks like it would be OP. I'm guessing that most players don't have the micro attention to be watching the IR scans while managing everything else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★