Login

russian armor

New Commander concepts.

PAGES (15)down
29 Aug 2018, 06:38 AM

UKF
Special Tactics Regiment

1. (PASSIVE) Tactical Emplacements - Allows Royal Engineers and Infantry Sections to dismantle emplacements, returning a portion of the emplacement's original cost.

2. (PASSIVE) Find Cover! - Allows Infantry Sections to move at maximum speed for a short period of time.

3. Infantry Support Half-Track - Deploy an M3 Half-Track to the battlefield. The M3 Half-Track can reinforce nearby squads.

4. Observation Detachment "Valentine" - Deploy a Valentine light tank to the battlefield.

5. Counter-Attack Operation - All units and buildings in friendly territories receive less damage while base howitzers and mortar pits counter enemy artillery fire. Enemy frontline territories are illuminated with flares once this ability ends.
29 Aug 2018, 08:37 AM

OKW Volksgrenadier Support Doctrine (Name idea of American Soldier)

Here are my own ideas to this doctrine:

1CP – Ambush Camouflage
3CP - Infiltration Tactics
3CP - Mechanized Support Group (Sd250 Halftrack with Obersoldaten)
4CP - Air supply drop: Contains a Pak 40, a Mortar 34, some fuel/ammo
8CP - Brummbaer Call-in

14 Sep 2018, 16:14 PM
Modmaker Badge

Engineer Combat Company

[0 CP] Assault Engineers
[2 CP] Pillboxes
Assault Engineers and Rear Echelons squads can now build Pillboxes - forward reinforcement points, with variety of upgrades: HMG emplacement, first-aid station, and radio station to call in limited close air support.
[3 CP] Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades Package
Allow upgrading troops into dedicated anti-tank grenadiers. Those grenades have lower damage and penetration than M9 Bazooka, but do not require weapon racks to be unlocked.
[3 CP] Expert Engineers
Assault Engineers and Rear Echelon squads build 50% faster. All mines and demolition charges cost 20% less.
[9 CP] M7B1 Priest Howitzer Motor Carriage

Available as a mod replacing the Armor Company. Check it out and share some feedback!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1511963836

Details and stats are on Workshop page, but it's basically a commander based on the 291st Engineer Combat Battalion, which in the early days of Battle of the Bulge stopped Kampfgruppe Peiper. I used some existing assets in creative ways to make a new building and weapon upgrade, so it technically fits Relic's requirements. :snfPeter:
14 Sep 2018, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2018, 16:14 PMOlekman
Engineer Combat Company

[0 CP] Assault Engineers
[2 CP] Pillboxes
Assault Engineers and Rear Echelons squads can now build Pillboxes - forward reinforcement points, with variety of upgrades: HMG emplacement, first-aid station, and radio station to call in limited close air support.
[3 CP] Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades Package
Allow upgrading troops into dedicated anti-tank grenadiers. Those grenades have lower damage and penetration than M9 Bazooka, but do not require weapon racks to be unlocked.
[3 CP] Expert Engineers
Assault Engineers and Rear Echelon squads build 50% faster. All mines and demolition charges cost 20% less.
[9 CP] M7B1 Priest Howitzer Motor Carriage

Available as a mod replacing the Armor Company. Check it out and share some feedback!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1511963836

Details and stats are on Workshop page, but it's basically a commander based on the 291st Engineer Combat Battalion, which in the early days of Battle of the Bulge stopped Kampfgruppe Peiper. I used some existing assets in creative ways to make a new building and weapon upgrade, so it technically fits Relic's requirements. :snfPeter:

Very interesting concept, I also love how it's based on an actual historical unit similar to my British Armor commander based on the 79th Armoured Division.

Going one by one tho, I guess that you're going in a similar route in how the community balance team are doing Assault Engineers right now which is nice, definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Pillboxes are also a very nice addition and unique concept.

AT Rifle Grenades are also a very interesting concept altho I think they would overlap a bit too much with the Riflemen vet 1 AT nades?

As for Expert Engineers, I think Ass Engies benefit the most here because this basically covers most of their abilities so to speak.

Nothing much to say about the M7B1, I love this unit, but prefer it in largely team games.

Overall I think this is a new commander and would be a nice addition to the game however, I think you should try to incorporate weapon racks in the Pillboxes since that's what USF lacks the most right now, being able to equip weapons in the field instead of having to retreat back to the base to get them.

Another thing for me at least personally, is the lack of tank traps for Ass Engies, I'm not sure if anyone else is of that opinion.

That's all.
14 Sep 2018, 19:33 PM
Modmaker Badge

AT Rifle Grenades are also a very interesting concept altho I think they would overlap a bit too much with the Riflemen vet 1 AT nades?

They don't really overlap, because vet 1 AT nades are an ability, while this AT Rifle Grenade package is a slot weapon. The idea was to give USF another handheld AT option. Think about it as "Bazooka Lite" - same accuracy and cost, 20% less penetration and damage, but doesn't require weapon racks and reloads slightly faster. Basically, something between anti-tank rifles and anti-tank rocket launchers.

Overall I think this is a new commander and would be a nice addition to the game however, I think you should try to incorporate weapon racks in the Pillboxes since that's what USF lacks the most right now, being able to equip weapons in the field instead of having to retreat back to the base to get them.

I think field weapon racks is too much ingrained in UKF faction identity. Plus, it would sort of clash with AT Rifle Grenades Package, as it already allows upgrading infantry in the field (well, with anti-tank weapons only, but still).

Lack of tank traps on Assault Engineers is indeed a bit bizarre, but that's what Rear Echelons are for I guess. This commander in particular encourages having a couple squads of them around, I think.
20 Sep 2018, 14:46 PM

Hi guys,

i just want to explain a further idea for a new OKW-commander, the "Kampfgruppen commander"/"Battle group commander".
Some general information:
Kampfgruppen were by definition task-organized for specific missions and consisted of
ad hoc combined arms formations. Kampfgruppen were often referred to by either their commanding officer's name or the parent division.

Please give me some feedback if you would like this theme and how you would design such an commander! EVERY IDEA is welcome, for example a "Kampfgruppen commander unit" (Sturm officer model reworked as combat unit, 3 CP).

20 Sep 2018, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 14:46 PMSmartie

Hi guys,

i just want to explain a further idea for a new OKW-commander, the "Kampfgruppen commander"/"Battle group commander".
Some general information:
Kampfgruppen were by definition task-organized for specific missions and consisted of
ad hoc combined arms formations. Kampfgruppen were often referred to by either their commanding officer's name or the parent division.

Please give me some feedback if you would like this theme and how you would design such an commander! EVERY IDEA is welcome, for example a "Kampfgruppen commander unit" (Sturm officer model reworked as combat unit, 3 CP).

This sounds interesting as a concept.

The Kampfgruppes that come to my mind are Kampfgruppe Lehr (based on the Panzer Elite from CoH) and Kampfgruppe Peiper, both of which would be mechanized in my eyes, with Kampfgruppe Lehr being fully mechanized while Peiper would be only partially since if we're going by historical account, they lacked fuel during their Ardennes Offensive.

I also had an idea of a Fallschirm-Panzer Division based on the "1st Fallschirm-Panzer Division Hermann Göring" which recently stumbled on and am currently reading about, it's quite interesting as a concept as well.

So for Kampfgruppe Lehr I would imagine:

221/223 Scout Car, like the one introduced in Elite Armor now.

250/1 Infantry Halftrack with Panzergrenadiers who can only repair vehicles.

250/7 Mortar Halftrack, provides mobile indirect fire.

251 Halftrack, can be upgraded to Flammenwerfers, Pioneer repair vehicle and Ammo Carrier/Ambulance, will mostly be used as a utility vehicle to replace the OKW's static HQ trucks.

Command King Tiger, has an officer at all times surveying the battlefield with binoculars (and a map in front of him maybe?), additional radios hampers it's reload speed and accuracy, can call in an Artillery strike (same as the Elite Armor Panzer commander upgrade) and gives out a boosting aura around it similar to other command vehicles.

For Kampfgruppe Peiper:

221/223 again, I just love this vehicle.

Panzerfusiliers.

250 Halftrack with Obersoldaten instead of Panzergrenadiers.

Assault Artillery (from Breakthrough doctrine).

Command Panther? I have no idea really what to put as a late game addition.

Kampfgruppe "Göring":

Fallschirmjagers of course, the poster boys of the doctrine.

221/223, I know it's getting repetitive at this point.

Luftwaffe Supply Drop

Luftwaffe JU-87 Strafing support (Anti-infantry and anti-armor ability basically).

Either Command Panther or Panzer Commander, I really don't know what else to put here, I've basically used up all "Armor" themed units and abilities, unless a Tiger is used somewhere instead or something.

I'm mostly using ideas from Elite Armor, Breakthrough and Special Operations, as well as the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine of course since those seem to have whatever Armor units and abilities the OKW has in terms of commanders.
20 Sep 2018, 18:39 PM

This sounds interesting as a concept.

The Kampfgruppes that come to my mind are Kampfgruppe Lehr (based on the Panzer Elite from CoH) and Kampfgruppe Peiper, both of which would be mechanized in my eyes, with Kampfgruppe Lehr being fully mechanized while Peiper would be only partially since if we're going by historical account, they lacked fuel during their Ardennes Offensive.

I also had an idea of a Fallschirm-Panzer Division based on the "1st Fallschirm-Panzer Division Hermann Göring" which recently stumbled on and am currently reading about, it's quite interesting as a concept as well.

So for Kampfgruppe Lehr I would imagine:

221/223 Scout Car, like the one introduced in Elite Armor now.

250/1 Infantry Halftrack with Panzergrenadiers who can only repair vehicles.

250/7 Mortar Halftrack, provides mobile indirect fire.

251 Halftrack, can be upgraded to Flammenwerfers, Pioneer repair vehicle and Ammo Carrier/Ambulance, will mostly be used as a utility vehicle to replace the OKW's static HQ trucks.

Command King Tiger, has an officer at all times surveying the battlefield with binoculars (and a map in front of him maybe?), additional radios hampers it's reload speed and accuracy, can call in an Artillery strike (same as the Elite Armor Panzer commander upgrade) and gives out a boosting aura around it similar to other command vehicles.

For Kampfgruppe Peiper:

221/223 again, I just love this vehicle.

Panzerfusiliers.

250 Halftrack with Obersoldaten instead of Panzergrenadiers.

Assault Artillery (from Breakthrough doctrine).

Command Panther? I have no idea really what to put as a late game addition.

Kampfgruppe "Göring":

Fallschirmjagers of course, the poster boys of the doctrine.

221/223, I know it's getting repetitive at this point.

Luftwaffe Supply Drop

Luftwaffe JU-87 Strafing support (Anti-infantry and anti-armor ability basically).

Either Command Panther or Panzer Commander, I really don't know what else to put here, I've basically used up all "Armor" themed units and abilities, unless a Tiger is used somewhere instead or something.

I'm mostly using ideas from Elite Armor, Breakthrough and Special Operations, as well as the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine of course since those seem to have whatever Armor units and abilities the OKW has in terms of commanders.

WOW, thx for your big contribution!
I try to summarize some and combine them with some of my own ideas.

"Kampfgruppen-Commander"
Version a) Combined arms approach

• Kampfgruppe Command Squad (reworked Sturm officer)
  • 250/7 Mortar Halftrack
  • Defense of the fatherland
  • Sector assault (from "old overwatch commander")
  • Commando Panzer IV

Version b) Mechanized Spearhead

• Panzerfusiliers
  • Stuka Reconnaissance flight
  • Combined arms (from US Cavalry commander)
  • Stug E
  • Commando Panther

Feel free to make other suggestions and changes!

P.S.
    I also love the 223, I did not include it... because its the main reason for me to play Elite armor;) But it would certainly fit.

20 Sep 2018, 18:42 PM

IMO whatever the new OKW commander is going to be, it's going to need proper Panzershreck infantry.
20 Sep 2018, 18:55 PM

IMO whatever the new OKW commander is going to be, it's going to need proper Panzershreck infantry.

Yep, that's why I included a Panzerjaeger squad in the Panzerjaeger doctrine.

Sadly I suppose AT Hetzers for OKW will never happen so I imagine something like my idea but with a JT instead.
26 Sep 2018, 19:10 PM

Ok so I got some new ideas for some Ostheer Commanders, Foreign Support Doctrines based around Germany's lesser known Allies like Croatia, Hungary, Finland, Romania and lastly the Spanish Blau Division.

My criteria about choosing a nation to base the idea on was that they used German equipment (weapons and vehicles) and uniforms, as well as serving on the Eastern Front alongside Germany.

Italy also had a corps sized unit fighting on the Eastern Front but I think it's best if they're represented by an entire new mixed German-Italian Army than in just one single doctrine, not that the others don't deserve such a spot however like I said, they're lesser known Allies and were not officially in the Tri-pact of Germany, Italy and Japan.

Anyhow, to the point at hand -

Foreign Support Doctrine:

Foreign Infantry squad - 5/6 men, using weapon crew models all armed with K98k rifles initially, can be upgraded to MP40s at Battlephase 1, an MG34 at BP 2, and AT rifles at BP3. Also has access to Panzerfaust once BP1 is researched, sort of like the Osttruppen. They also have medical kits and can build bunkers/other defensive structures.

Supply Drop - Same as Osttruppen, drops an MG34 and a Pak 40 as well as fuel and ammo.

LeiG 18 - Foreign infantry units often had artillery attached to them, as well as pioneer detachments, Panzerjagers, logistics and so forth...

Panzer IV F1 - P4 but with a short barrel, Hungary, Finland and Croatia had some StuG IIIs and Panzer IVs lent to them by Germany, not many tho.

LefH 19 10,5cm Artillery barrage - Just ordinary fire support by a battery of LefH 19 artillery guns.

Like I said, the doctrine is based around Germany's lesser known Allies on the Eastern Front.

The Infantry squad is based mostly on the Blau Division, reference from this picture:

As for the LeIG, I saw wa great opportunity to add this unit to the Ostheer arsenal since really, most of these units had organic artillery support with them.

As for the Panzer IV F1, again I saw an opportunity to add something new since the StuG III E is getting a bit repetitive with it now being in the Defensive doctrine as well (at least in the rework mod).

The Supply Drop is again, based on the Osttruppen ability, because Germany lent a lot of weapons and supplies to it's lesser allies, plus a lot of Armies used the MG34, only a few like Hungary also had access to the MG42 or had local versions made.

The LefH 19 barrage is just some generic barrage ability I decided on, could be anything else really as well.

I also have an ideas for the OKW on adding the Osttruppen and some Ostheer weapons to them, it's basically a rework of the Ostfront Waffen doctrine (will edit the main OP) and based on the Atlantic Wall defensive force.
23 Oct 2018, 23:35 PM

Permanently Banned
For the tank hunter doctrine for OKW:

One ability:

Kubelwagen Panzerfaust: 4CP, the kubelwagen faces the target and the gunner fires a short range panzerfaust in an attempt to cripple the vehicle. Not recommended against tanks and armored vehicles that can fight back and overpower it but useful for harassing less formidable vehicles such and unupgraded halftracks, katyushas, ambulances, and bren carriers.
24 Oct 2018, 17:51 PM

For the tank hunter doctrine for OKW:

One ability:

Kubelwagen Panzerfaust: 4CP, the kubelwagen faces the target and the gunner fires a short range panzerfaust in an attempt to cripple the vehicle. Not recommended against tanks and armored vehicles that can fight back and overpower it but useful for harassing less formidable vehicles such and unupgraded halftracks, katyushas, ambulances, and bren carriers.

Thats a crazy but very interesting idea
24 Oct 2018, 18:39 PM

That's impossible to do because of the lack of animations sadly.
24 Oct 2018, 20:54 PM

Smartie's smart(;) commander concepts:

Wehrmacht Aufklärungsabteilung / Recon company

• Radio Intercept
• Kübel
• Ambush Camouflage
• Panzerfüsseliere call-in (Historically, Panzerfusseliers were included in the Aabt,)
• Puma (call-in)

Wehrmacht: Division "Großdeutschland" (it was the best equipped Division of the whole wehrmacht until 1943 and fought from 1941-1945 on the eastern front)

• SdKfz. 250 (version with MG)
• Counter attack tactics
• Assault grenadiers
• Stuka zu Fuß call-in (8 CP)
• P4 H-Version call-in : Elite version of the P4
24 Oct 2018, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 20:54 PMSmartie

Wehrmacht Aufklärungsabteilung / Recon company

• Radio Intercept
• Kübel
• Ambush Camouflage
• Panzerfüsseliere call-in (Historically, Panzerfusseliers were included in the Aabt,)
• Puma (call-in)

Wehrmacht: Division "Großdeutschland" (it was the best equipped Division of the whole wehrmacht until 1943 and fought from 1941-1945 on the eastern front)

• Counter attack tactics
• Assault grenadiers
• P4 J-Version (OKW version, can be build at Support Armor Corps)

Wouldn't it make more sense for the P4 to be an H variant instead of the hand cranked turret version of the J? Maybe like the Soviet Red Banner T-34s that were scrapped it could just be an Elite version of the P4 featured as a call in.
24 Oct 2018, 21:11 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense for the P4 to be an H variant instead of the hand cranked turret version of the J? Maybe like the Soviet Red Banner T-34s that were scrapped it could just be an Elite version of the P4 featured as a call in.

Sounds interesting! I edit my post. Maybe the P4 could come already equipped with tank commander / panzer tactician.
25 Oct 2018, 11:45 AM

Hi guys.
I would LOVE to see an early war commander for the ostheer.
In summer 1941 when Germany invaded Russia, they crossed the border with good equipped sturmtruppen, who were highly trained from the years 1939-1941(invation of Poland and France).

They were equipped with granades,k98 and mp40 and where supported by stugs and Luftwaffe.

When it came to high resistance, they called some panzers supported by aircraft.

Here is my suggestion:

Cp0 medical air drop
(from Luftwaffe supply Doctrine)

Cp2 sturmtruppen
(now with their k98 and mp40 fitting perfectly the theme)

Cp6 Stug E
(my favorite unit in game)

Cp9 Command panzer 4

Cp12 Anti tank stuka
(the one from blitzkrieg doctrine)

This would be the perfect mix between highly trained elite troops and the smaller lighter tanks at the beginning of the war.
Both in combination with Luftwaffe support.

Thank you
25 Oct 2018, 12:07 PM

Revised it a bit.

OKW
Tank Hunter doctrine / Anti-tank doctrine

Partly based on CoH's Panzer Elite tank destroyer doctrine.
Aiming to fill some gaps in OKW's line up to add diversity in gameplay and strategies.

1cp) Teller mines.
  • Now available to Sturmpioneers.

2cp) Passive tank awareness.
  • Passive ability.
  • All infantry squads now display the location of armored vehicles within XX meters of their position on the minimap and on tactical map.

OR

2cp) Pak 40.
  • Pak 40 now buildable at Headquarters.
  • Same stats / cost as Ostheer.

3cp) Volksgrenadiers double Panzershreck package.
  • Can't be combined with StG44 package.
  • Lose Panzerfaust and flame grenade ability.
  • 100 munitions.
  • Maybe double Panzershreck for Sturmpioneers instead (no upgrade for Volks then).

OR

3cp) Panzerjäger heavy anti-tank infantry.
  • 4 men squad (JLI models) with 2x Kar 98K and 2x Panzershreck.
  • Call-in unit. ~380MP.
  • Alternatively, it can be a 100 MU Panzershreck upgrade for Obers.

10cp) APCR ammunition.
  • Passive ability.
  • Grants a permament +XX% penetration bonus to Puma, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Panther and Tiger.

OR

12cp) Stuka Close Air Support.
  • Anti-tank strafes, identical to Ostheer's.

13cp) Tiger I Ausf. E.
  • Late war variant of Ostheer's Tiger. Same model.
  • More mobile and versatile alternative to the King Tiger, but slightly less powerful.
  • Comes equiped with MG 42 and/or Panzer Tactician as standard. Perhaps Panzer Commander instead of pintle. Has APCR shells.
  • ~680MP and 250FU.
26 Oct 2018, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 20:54 PMSmartie

• Counter attack tactics
• Assault grenadiers
• P4 H-Version call-in : Elite version of the P4

i have few suggestion to your idea which i really like btw.

"Großdeutschland" was opieOP division in entire Wermacht. They acually had a lot of heavy stuff and they were bloody elite. So:
1. becouse that division was very experience i would add upgrade for infantry (pio, grens, pgrens) called "extra training" - something like german infantry already has: extra unique abilities for each type of infantry
2. To make the concept more unique i would suggest Panzerfuzzilier rather than assualt grens.
3. 250 sdkfz is 4th MP call in unit so should be replace with ammo ability.

Revised it a bit.

OKW
Tank Hunter doctrine / Anti-tank doctrine

Partly based on CoH's Panzer Elite tank destroyer doctrine.
Aiming to fill some gaps in OKW's line up to add diversity in gameplay and strategies.

13cp) Tiger I Ausf. E.

Late war variant of Ostheer's Tiger. Same model.

More mobile and versatile alternative to the King Tiger, but slightly less powerful.

Comes equiped with MG 42 and/or Panzer Tactician as standard. Perhaps Panzer Commander instead of pintle.

~680MP and 250FU.

I would prefer that Tiger to be more diffrent that ostheer version. So expect panzer tactician i would add a smoke shot like cromwell has, expect mg a panzer commander, and ambush camo ability (but cannot move). Generally idea is great.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS