Login

russian armor

New Commander concepts.

PAGES (15)down
8 Jul 2018, 07:12 AM

There's a reason why they got rid of panzerchreck upgrade for Volksgrenadiers. How about 2cp Volksgrenadiers 2x Panzerbushe 38 AT Rifle Upgrade. With this, they keep Panzerfaust and Flame grenade ability, while becoming effective against light vehicles but must be massed to take on tanks.

Also instead of teller mines for Sturmpioneers, how about 2cp Riegel Heavy AT Mines, laid by IR Halftracks, Pumas, and Walking Stuka halftracks.

Instead of passive tank awareness, how about tank awareness, in which munitions are spent so all infantry squads can detect enemy vehicles within a radius for the duration of the ability.

The reason they got rid of it was because it was bad game design to have every mainline infantry squad running around with a Panzershreck by default, giving them both decent AI and decent AT. That's no reason to disallow a specialized AT upgrade that ruins AI. Anyway it could be an upgrade for Obers as well or a special AT squad, it doesn't really matter. OKW could just really use a good infantry based heavy AT option an alternative way to counter TD blobs because Rakettens can be very ineffective in some maps (urban) or against an indirect fire heavy enemy. Panzerbuchse just wouldn't cut it.

Riegels could be an option but I don't think anyone would ever use the IR HT or risk the Walking Stuka for that. Perhaps it could also be added to the Kubelwagen to give it some utility beyond the early game.

I specifically mentioned passive tank awareness for diversity because the Elite Armor commander already has an ability to detect all vehicles on the minimap for 50 munis. The range on passive awareness should be just enough to see a vehicle coming and react at the last moment rather than having it light up half the enemy force constantly.
8 Jul 2018, 07:57 AM

Heavy Infantry Company for USF.
Rangers, M1918A6, Riflemen buildable cover, Priest ( or on map 105 Howitzer if able) and some kind of off map support ability (smoke artillery, light mortar strike, WP smoke, combined arms ability, or maybe a recon run P-47).
8 Jul 2018, 14:32 PM

OKW

Kampfgruppe Doctrine

0CP: Breackthrough tactics

3CP: Opel blitz truck

4CP: Emergency repair same as USF

8CP: Light artillery barrage

17CP: replace King Tiger with King Tiger Ace(same tiger ace doc but with only 3 vet. no more)
8 Jul 2018, 20:27 PM

I think this, combined with Partisans, would be quite interesting.

I like the idea of an S.O.E. or Free French Commander for UKF.

French resistance fighters (same as partisans but with only captured German equipment and maybe sten guns. No new models need to be made.) Good at CQB but have less received accuracy bonuses. Perhaps come as a pair of units, one with Sten Guns and MP40s and one with a Panzershreck and K98ks or No. 4 rifles.

Airborne landing officer.

Radio intercept same as Soviet version

Assault tactics (from UKF commando doctrine)

Lend lease/Free French M4C/M4A3(76) Sherman tanks, but with the beret wearing airborne landing officer as the top gunner model to look like a Free French armoured unit commander. Maybe with unique abilities that reflect being French such as linger sight range due to being familiar with the countryside. (Not realistic at all, but could be fun!)
8 Jul 2018, 21:36 PM

Maybe with unique abilities that reflect being French

Faster reverse speed

Sorry had to say it.
8 Jul 2018, 23:14 PM

Ranger company

M8 armoured car call in
M4A3E8 “Easy Eight” buildable with Major tech
Ranger squad call in
105mm Howitzer strike (medium damage, medium speed and decent accuracy, just a simple artillery call in)
Riflemen sprint ability or some other utility ability
8 Jul 2018, 23:28 PM

Volkssturm doctrine for Wehrmacht.

Volkssturm squad call in. 1 Cp unit that is a copy of Volksgrenadiers, but comes with one free StG44 but cannot upgrade to anything else and has only one other weapon slot, also only gets up to vet 3 but costs 240mp to call in and has fairly cheap reinforcement costs. Can spawn from an ambient building but at only 3 or 4 men, but can still reinforce up to 5 men.

Panzer II Luchs call in or Panzer IV Support tank call in ( Same as Command P4, but no aura and can upgrade to pintle MG

On map buildable Howitzer (crewed with Volkssturm models)

For the Fatherland ability.

Light mortar strike. Mix of high explosive and smoke shells to distrupt troops and weapon teams. Not very powerful at wiping out weapon teams, but it blocks vision and stuns tanks so you can use it offensively to hit AT guns or MGs or defensively to provide cover and distrupt an attack so you can pull back.

9 Jul 2018, 09:43 AM

Panzer Elite, OKW commander

Light Vehicle Support: Call-in one or more of:
* SdKfz 250/1 infantry carrier halftrack armed with MG42 and ability to reinforce. If a model with MG42 is not available it could instead come loaded with a Sturmpioneer squad or be replaced with the SdKfz 251 model.
* SdKfz 250/3 Funkwagen "Vampire" Halftrack - steal resources from enemy points, reveal troop movement. Can be replaced with SdKfz 223 model if 250/3 is not possible.
* SdKfz 250/7 Mortar Halftrack.
* SdKfz 250/(8,9,10 or 11) Light AT Halftrack - stuns vehicles. I hope this model is in the game files somewhere.
Hull Down
Emergency Repairs from Elite Armored Doctrine.
P4 Infantry Support Tank (P4 Command Tank).
Jagdpanther

The first ability is an early (2-3CP?) unreliable call-in ability. It can be used early to get a random vehicle to build your army around or later for a shot at the vehicle you might need. Because it's a random vehicle it should cost a little less than the actual vehicle.

I miss CoH1's PE faction.. :wub:
9 Jul 2018, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 09:43 AMQvazar

Light Vehicle Support: Call-in one or both of:
* SdKfz 250/10 Light AT Halftrack (Stuns vehicles. Is this in the game files somewhere?)
Hull Down
SdKfz 250/3 or SdKfz 223, Funkwagen "Vampire" Halftrack
Jagdpanther

We can use units abilities and models that are already in game...

@GJ I really like idea of French resistent commander. But shouldn't it be in USF commander?
9 Jul 2018, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 09:43 AMQvazar

Light Vehicle Support: Call-in one or more of:
* SdKfz 250/1 infantry carrier halftrack armed with MG42 and ability to reinforce. If a model with MG42 is not available it could instead come loaded with a Sturmpioneer squad or be replaced with the SdKfz 251 model.
* SdKfz 250/3 Funkwagen "Vampire" Halftrack - steal resources from enemy points, reveal troop movement. Can be replaced with SdKfz 223 model if 250/3 is not possible.
* SdKfz 250/7 Mortar Halftrack.
* SdKfz 250/(8,9,10 or 11) Light AT Halftrack - stuns vehicles. I hope this model is in the game files somewhere.
Hull Down
Emergency Repairs from Elite Armored Doctrine.
P4 Infantry Support Tank (P4 Command Tank).
Jagdpanther

The first ability is an early unreliable call-in ability. It can be used early to get a random vehicle to build your army around or later for a shot at the vehicle you might need.

There are sadly no Funkwagen and AT 250 models and no hope to get them, the only possible thing is the 250 Infantry Halftrack if somebody has figured out how to get the MG42 mounted on it because I have personally never seen it.
9 Jul 2018, 10:27 AM

There are sadly no Funkwagen and AT 250 models and no hope to get them, the only possible thing is the 250 Infantry Halftrack if somebody has figured out how to get the MG42 mounted on it because I have personally never seen it.

But the SdKfz 223 is available I've heard.
9 Jul 2018, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 10:27 AMQvazar

But the SdKfz 223 is available I've heard.

Yes, that is correct, it's from the Ardennes Assault campaign and it looks like a 221 with a radio antenna similar to the Funkwagen.

And good news, I found the 250 with mg, made by eliw00d, it's possible that it's also featured in SnakeEye All Units Mod:
9 Jul 2018, 11:48 AM

Heavy Infantry Company for USF.
Rangers, M1918A6, Riflemen buildable cover, Priest ( or on map 105 Howitzer if able) and some kind of off map support ability (smoke artillery, light mortar strike, WP smoke, combined arms ability, or maybe a recon run P-47).

Sounds a bit overpowered.

Rangers are already brutal enough as short range troops, the LMG would totally round out any weakness they have since rangers have 3 weapon slots, thompson takes 2, LMG takes final.

9 Jul 2018, 12:01 PM

French Commander for UKF.

no thanks xd canadians and poland for brits more historically accurate but only old units so i think brits need stuart or aa halftruck something light from usf
9 Jul 2018, 13:30 PM

More Poland for Soviets.

A commander that will have an Angry Mob of polish people. 15 man squad,with random thrown molotovs and grenades.

9 Jul 2018, 14:22 PM

More Poland for Soviets.

A commander that will have an Angry Mob of polish people. 15 man squad,with random thrown molotovs and grenades.

Oh yes with ability PTRS FOR EVRYONE !
9 Jul 2018, 14:42 PM

I would prefer 1st Polish Armoured Division #Say_No_USSR
9 Jul 2018, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 14:42 PMStark
I would prefer 1st Polish Armoured Division #Say_No_USSR

#We_do_not_need_Poland, the 1 st Czechoslovak Army Corps, was formed during the Great Patriotic War on the territory of the USSR and fought together with the Red Army on the Soviet-German front. Used the British uniform but had a lot of SVT-40.

The Czechoslovak tank brigade used the T-70, T-34 (part of the tanks with additional armor), T-34-85, IS-2, SU-85 - can be used as an elite crew. (Soviet gilly for scouts can be replaced by the British sniper gilly)

Czechoslovak separate airborne brigade. (can be used British Form)
9 Jul 2018, 20:05 PM

Yes, that is correct, it's from the Ardennes Assault campaign and it looks like a 221 with a radio antenna similar to the Funkwagen.

And good news, I found the 250 with mg, made by eliw00d, it's possible that it's also featured in SnakeEye All Units Mod:

Wow nice, almost there!
What could be a possible substitute for the ATHT?
Maybe just a 250 loaded with a schrecked up sturmpioneer squad? <444>_<444>
The 250 with MG could also be replaced by the 221.
9 Jul 2018, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 20:05 PMQvazar

Wow nice, almost there!
What could be a possible substitute for the ATHT?
Maybe just a 250 loaded with a schrecked up sturmpioneer squad? <444>_<444>
The 250 with MG could also be replaced by the 221.

There is sadly no gunshield or way for the MG to not be floating but I'd rather that than a 30 fuel and however much manpower taxi that can't vet or reinforce.

The Mech Assault doctrine already features a Panzergrenadier squad inside the 250 HT, just not upgraded so yeah, an upgraded Panzershreck squad would do the job in my opinion, it would bring sweet memories for me chasing down Allied tanks back in my PE days of playing competitive in CoH, cancerous, but good times.'

I actually thought a bit more about the 221 and I forgot that they actually added a 28mm AT Rifle to it in real life, so it's possible that a variant or an upgrade for the 221 could be made to incorporate both the 223 and 221 armed with the PTRS acting as the 28mm AT Rifle alongside the base version and 222.

Something similar like what eliw00d did to the 250 can probably be done here as well.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS