Login

russian armor

UKF Emplacement Rework

2 Jul 2018, 16:58 PM

A flame or bundle grenade does not kill entire garrisons. Running into a Bofors can't always be avoided in the 3v3/4v4 corridor maps. Investing 540-560mp into indirect fire just to counter a single Bofors leaves you vulnerable to other Allied light vehicle rushes.

So no thanks, I'd rather not see spamable Bofors all over the map in 3v3/4v4s.

2 flame nades then. In teamgames they're even less of a problem as you can just use indirect fire (just like in 1v1) but to a higher magnitude since your teammates can help too. I play a lot of teamgames as axis since most of my friends prefer it and that's what we do against emplacements. I've never once felt like I wasn't able to counter them fairly easily. You don't need a ton of indirect to beat 1 bofors and if they get pits you do, but you're killing a lot more than you're paying for (and you still have it afterwards).
2 Jul 2018, 16:58 PM

A flame or bundle grenade does not kill entire garrisons. In the time it takes to smoke up again and throw a second the Brit could easily replace the garrison with a fresh squad. Running into a Bofors can't always be avoided in the 3v3/4v4 corridor maps. Investing 540-560mp into indirect fire just to counter a single Bofors leaves you vulnerable to other Allied light vehicle rushes.

So no thanks, I'd rather not see spamable Bofors all over the map in 3v3/4v4s.

Someone who spam Bofor and garrison them has no map presence with this idea, so investing 560 mp is nothing...
2 Jul 2018, 17:15 PM

I really like this idea. Just for further clarity, are you proposing that it be like the current garrisoning system in live where the whole squad sits in it as a separate entity (like they do in buildings) or something like ye olde Coh1 emplacements or the okw base flak cannons?

They'd use the existing emplacement garrison system.
2 Jul 2018, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2018, 17:15 PMLago

They'd use the existing emplacement garrison system.

Cool. That's a pretty novel idea IMO and it does make you sacrifice map presence too.
3 Jul 2018, 07:34 AM

It simply is an area denial tool like MG Bunkers. You pay fuel but get a 360° arc. Right now you are trying to make the Bofors a no-brainer which counters everything but the heaviest tanks, which is not the case. A single mortar or even better leIG and the Bofors can't do shit because it cannot runaway. You need Sappers to repair it constantly (making them bleed like hell because of repairing damage penalties) unless you play fortification doctrine, which is shit.

It wipes fast but 1-2 seconds is an overstatement.

Unless you put a squad inside, it won't pin anything. Nobody uses the barrage anymore after the FRP nerf because Brit units are expensive as fuck and you won't waste 280MP only for some light barrage things that is mostly used to tear down houses.

It doesn't. It literally does NOT harm planes. This is a bug, but still.

Compared to what? OKW - Build 2 leIGs and the Bofors melts like butter. You don't lose any fuel while the enemy spent 30 for literally nothing and also is not able to get an AEC anymore. Ostheer: Build a mortar and a flame 251. Smoke + attack ground -> Bofors gone, 251 Vet 2.

ALSO, that 45(?) fuel for a single Bofors means a 3-4 minute longer time until a Cromwell arrives. AND you also lack the MP to build an AT Gun, which means that an incoming Panzer 4 will tear you apart.

Indirect fire as in mortar pit which was nerfed into the ground? Also, about 900MP + 30 Fuel only to defend a small area of the map is a huge investment. That can be negated by Mortars/leIGs easily. And also the enemy has a way better army if you put all your MP into this immobile trash.

idk against which noobs do you fight...but my enemys and me use ground attack ..even through smoke..isnt a big thing, everybody knows that. yes it wipes 4model squads in nearly 2 sec. Count it.

you play like a enemy would sit back and look how do you mortar his bofors.
did you even play teamgames? when you start mortar brits emplacments you will get much counterbarrages and attacks with other units to it.

noone let easy peeasy destroy his bofors. ..and you get much time to defend it....really much time with brace.

mortar emplacments wipes often ost mortars with the first hits. no big deal and you wasted manpower to get no rewards.
and lolo...build pls as okw 2 ISG...and you are fu cked in teamgames because no map presense.

and damned...this isg make so less dmg vs bofors...its awefull to see that even 2 of them needs minutes

reminder: bofors is a 30(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fuel unit....not a 80 or 100 fuell unit which could stand some time again a attack. 30 fuel! you cant get even an AA ht as okw for this low price!
3 Jul 2018, 09:24 AM

idk against which noobs do you fight...but my enemys and me use ground attack ..even through smoke..isnt a big thing, everybody knows that. yes it wipes 4model squads in nearly 2 sec. Count it.

you play like a enemy would sit back and look how do you mortar his bofors.
did you even play teamgames? when you start mortar brits emplacments you will get much counterbarrages and attacks with other units to it.

noone let easy peeasy destroy his bofors. ..and you get much time to defend it....really much time with brace.

mortar emplacments wipes often ost mortars with the first hits. no big deal and you wasted manpower to get no rewards.
and lolo...build pls as okw 2 ISG...and you are fu cked in teamgames because no map presense.

and damned...this isg make so less dmg vs bofors...its awefull to see that even 2 of them needs minutes

reminder: bofors is a 30(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fuel unit....not a 80 or 100 fuell unit which could stand some time again a attack. 30 fuel! you cant get even an AA ht as okw for this low price!

Psst, unless the team games you talk about are specifically 2v2, there is no balance what so ever, just a massive random unit clusterfuck.

Psst #2, dual ost mortar is a hardcounter for mortar pit, your "wipes them often" is not true for more then a year now.

Psst #3, 2 indirect fire units in team games are nothing hard to get and bleed they inflict more then makes up for frontal force weaker by SINGLE squad.

Psst #4, you know what is the difference between AA HT and bofors?
I'll enlighten you: AA HT will be in any place of the map you'll want it to be, bofors will be sitting there, waiting to be barraged to death, because if you approached it knowing its there, bad player would be too generous to describe you, if you lost more then 2 models to it in the game, or a full squad if you're exceptionally terrible, then you're just that, exceptionally terrible.
3 Jul 2018, 10:15 AM

Psst, unless the team games you talk about are specifically 2v2, there is no balance what so ever, just a massive random unit clusterfuck.

Psst #2, dual ost mortar is a hardcounter for mortar pit, your "wipes them often" is not true for more then a year now.

Psst #3, 2 indirect fire units in team games are nothing hard to get and bleed they inflict more then makes up for frontal force weaker by SINGLE squad.

Psst #4, you know what is the difference between AA HT and bofors?
I'll enlighten you: AA HT will be in any place of the map you'll want it to be, bofors will be sitting there, waiting to be barraged to death, because if you approached it knowing its there, bad player would be too generous to describe you, if you lost more then 2 models to it in the game, or a full squad if you're exceptionally terrible, then you're just that, exceptionally terrible.

Ah! The troll strikes again!

The troll who never had more than 20 games with brits.
the troll who say "if you lost more then 2 models to it in the game, or a full squad if you're exceptionally terrible, then you're just that, exceptionally terrible" ....which include the best player from coh2, right? they lose more than 2 model and some game even whole sqauds. You must be the god from coh2! we pray to you! thank you that you inlight us all! god bless me pls!

aa HT is really easy to lose becasue of squishy (see the last and actualls torunements! yes...we know they are noobs, right? )

bofors dont must move anyway..you place it there where it is usefull for you and now the enemy need more than 2 mortar....because you will lose them fast
3 Jul 2018, 12:03 PM

ullumulu, if you want help countering the live version of the Bofors please go to the Strategy Forum. Posting it here is off-topic.
7 Jul 2018, 12:24 PM

If it's basically like USF vehicles, in which a portion of the units cost is sunk in a crew that can be wiped, then I guess it's okay. If it has the same decrew/ungarrison delay so the crew can be wiped, but if you do so early enough you can save the squad, I'm fine with it honestly.

That said, you are going to get complaints from players who spend minutes preparing and actually destroying emplacements when the 70 Manpower and 30 Fuel they're taking down is kind of miniscule compared to the single or double mortars/support guns needed to expediently take down the emplacement.

And sure, you're losing map presence, but the gun itself is denial for a point, and the line of sight afforded by the emplacement is recon that's not to be scoffed at.

I'd say at the very least, put the price at 150 Manpower to put it on par with Bunkers and Fighting Positions.
7 Jul 2018, 22:23 PM

If it's basically like USF vehicles, in which a portion of the units cost is sunk in a crew that can be wiped, then I guess it's okay. If it has the same decrew/ungarrison delay so the crew can be wiped, but if you do so early enough you can save the squad, I'm fine with it honestly.

That said, you are going to get complaints from players who spend minutes preparing and actually destroying emplacements when the 70 Manpower and 30 Fuel they're taking down is kind of miniscule compared to the single or double mortars/support guns needed to expediently take down the emplacement.

And sure, you're losing map presence, but the gun itself is denial for a point, and the line of sight afforded by the emplacement is recon that's not to be scoffed at.

I'd say at the very least, put the price at 150 Manpower to put it on par with Bunkers and Fighting Positions.

Don't forget that bunkers and fighting positions don't cost fuel though, and don't take up as much popcap as a squad, or any in the case of the bunker (IIRC the fighting position has a negligible pop cost but I could be totally wrong).
8 Jul 2018, 01:48 AM

Don't forget that bunkers and fighting positions don't cost fuel though, and don't take up as much popcap as a squad, or any in the case of the bunker (IIRC the fighting position has a negligible pop cost but I could be totally wrong).

True, but to weaponize the bunker or fighting position, it requires 60 munitions. Normally I'd say that 60 Munitions is actually more valuable than 30 Fuel, but then take into account the Additional 150 Manpower and 15 Fuel to unlock Bofors and the AA emplacement would still be in a decent spot.

Well, I guess if they operate like USF crew garrisons, the infantry would have a separate population cap compared to the crewed vehicle/emplacement.

Then the only difference is that an upgraded bunker retains its full utility regardless of whether a squad is inside, whilst a fighting position still requires a unit inside for the sight bonus. So yeah actually, somewhere within the 100 to 125 Manpower range is probably still fair for what the defence ties up.

Oh, and the fighting position doesn't have a population cost, but it dies so fast to AT gun, costs way more than a trench, and 60 munitions seems far more important to USF weapon racks than OST honestly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★