Login

russian armor

How can u stop US Blob with OKW ?

25 Jun 2018, 13:05 PM

May someone give me a good build order against US ? They just a click their units with bar
25 Jun 2018, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 13:05 PMgDance
May someone give me a good build order against US ? They just a click their units with bar

VS LT builds:

Volks-Kübel-Volks-Volks-T1-Flak-Rak-MG/Volks-Rak-T4-Obers-Tank(depending on how the game goes)

VS CPT builds

Volks-Kübel-Volks-Volks-T1-Rak-MG/Volks-Rak-T4-Obers-Obers-Tank(depending on how the game goes)

OKW is way stronger in early game. You need to use it to gain a good ressource advantage. Keep your Kübel around your Volks to help them win engagements vs Riflemen. Always try to fight max range because Riflemen will lose to Volks unless they can close in. Don´t throw your Kübel away by sending it around trying to cap points unless it´s the first few minutes. Once there are more units on the field Kübel needs to stay around your own infantry.

Flak HT reks LT builds, always focus fire everything that has a bazooka (usually RE) and stay away of every Riflemen that has vet 1 or might be close to vet 1. Pay attention to planes flying around. That´s a sign of air dropped AT guns that can rek you if you aren´t careful. Flak HT needs to be supported by Raks and Volks at all times. USF AA HT can kill your Flak HT without support, so be aware of that. If you see a M20 dont drive over roads unless you have swept them with ur SPs or you are 100% sure the M20 wasnt there before.

If opponent goes Captain you should just skip the Flak HT/Luchs and go straight to double Obers to counter USF infantry.

Generally a P4 is a good idea as a first medium tank.
25 Jun 2018, 15:26 PM

My experience as OKW was 2-3 squad of falshirmjagers and ability Sturm. You concentrate fire on one squad, then next squad, next... All USF infantry died in the blink of eye. It will be work, but require micro + good ammo income.
25 Jun 2018, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 15:26 PMMaret
My experience as OKW was 2-3 squad of falshirmjagers and ability Sturm. You concentrate fire on one squad, then next squad, next... All USF infantry died in the blink of eye. It will be work, but require micro + good ammo income.

Sturm ability? Since when do they have something like that?
25 Jun 2018, 17:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You need to use your sturm starter and volks to ALWAYS apply pressure to USF. If you lose your grip on USF for to long they will dumpster you lategame. Spam volks and better inf if you have the doc. HMGs to back up your volks and ISGs for smoke. Never try and fight upgraded USF inf 1v1 with volks.
2 Jul 2018, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 16:50 PMFarlon

Sturm ability? Since when do they have something like that?

Probably Valiant Assault.
5 Jul 2018, 12:54 PM

Probably Valiant Assault.

Man that valiant assault ability always wreck so much face!
7 Jul 2018, 08:23 AM

Just overwelm them with your superior units. Seriously you start out with basically shock infantry that will murder the hell out of Riflemen and sorry Rear Echeleons. Back them up with your cheap Volksgrens and just make sure to position them right. Volks are superior at long range to USF infantry and Strums superior at close range to those units. Riflemen are the most overrated infantry unit in the game.
10 Jul 2018, 14:52 PM

What I like to do is to imposter the ostheer if the usf player keeps spamming infantry (most of soviets and usf do that) and try to build mg + leig to shoot the suppressed riflemen for easy kills.

If you get a bit ahead (holding both fuels for a bit) you can also go mech for either flak or luchs.
12 Jul 2018, 07:50 AM

The key unit for OKW atm is the Flak Halftrack. I never, N E V E R, build a Luchs (not even the truck for them) because you really need the Flak and the LeIGs.

3 things are important:

a) Keep your Flak HT on max range and always focus troops that might harm it the most (= troops that are not already suppressed).
b) Keep a Volks squad and a Raketenwerfer nearby to snare and kill every Light Vehicle that tries to take out the HT. NEVER leave your HT without a Volks squad!
c) Pop the smoke everytime your HT is even in the smallest threat to get killed. Better be safe than sorry.

With this you can keep the blobs in control. And while your Flak is raging, another Volks squad should alwas be used outside the main battle area, to keep capping everything it can get.

MG34s are also a nice addition to prevent flanks from Penals/Cons/Rifles with AT nades and snares.
12 Jul 2018, 09:08 AM

The key unit for OKW atm is the Flak Halftrack. I never, N E V E R, build a Luchs (not even the truck for them) because you really need the Flak and the LeIGs.

3 things are important:

a) Keep your Flak HT on max range and always focus troops that might harm it the most (= troops that are not already suppressed).
b) Keep a Volks squad and a Raketenwerfer nearby to snare and kill every Light Vehicle that tries to take out the HT. NEVER leave your HT without a Volks squad!
c) Pop the smoke everytime your HT is even in the smallest threat to get killed. Better be safe than sorry.

With this you can keep the blobs in control. And while your Flak is raging, another Volks squad should alwas be used outside the main battle area, to keep capping everything it can get.

MG34s are also a nice addition to prevent flanks from Penals/Cons/Rifles with AT nades and snares.

That was my strat before the last nerfs too. I still get the Flak HT sometimes but only if I see enemy teched LT/ soviet T1.

Flak HT suppression is kinda dodgy right now, often fails to suppress zooks/ptrs squads quickly which makes it much harder to use than before.
12 Jul 2018, 13:23 PM

That was my strat before the last nerfs too. I still get the Flak HT sometimes but only if I see enemy teched LT/ soviet T1.

Flak HT suppression is kinda dodgy right now, often fails to suppress zooks/ptrs squads quickly which makes it much harder to use than before.

Yes, you're right. That's why I mentioned

Pop the smoke everytime your HT is even in the smallest threat to get killed. Better be safe than sorry.

If you see something like this, even when you are 90% sure that the flak will suppress them in time, it is probably better to revert the HT out of the danger zone preventively.

Sometimes the range of an AT satchel or Snare Nade is bigger as you would expect and once you eat a motor damage, you're flak is lost in 95% of the time. (Funnily I had a game yesterday, were I manage to keep a Flak HT alive after it received a Penal AT satchel).

While the inf is storming at your reversing HT, your support Volks (best behind cover) will tear them apart.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %