Login

russian armor

Lost Glider

23 Jun 2018, 15:37 PM

workshop link

Change log :

23 Jun 2018, 16:02 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Center of the hedge on the north side could be shot through without LoS by models and occasionally the OKW flak base. Unsure if they pathway created fixed this.
24 Jun 2018, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 15:37 PMwuff
Removed the glider parts, they were never great for cover and caused LOS weirdnes

Now it truly is LOST Glider :)

Is there another spot to put the glider? Maybe balled up against the center walls out of the way?
24 Jun 2018, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 17:18 PMRosbone

Now it truly is LOST Glider :)

Is there another spot to put the glider? Maybe balled up against the center walls out of the way?

I'm sure there is. Just want to get the gameplay changes done first, worry about visuals later.
24 Jun 2018, 19:20 PM

Oh finally. I like this map but the center is just so weird with all the glider bits messing with LoS and pathing.
24 Jun 2018, 21:15 PM

I noticed that the map lacks of 2 strategic points like most standard maps, that makes comebacks really difficult and messes with the tech times. I recommend to add another 2 points where is marked with light blue and move the existing ones a little bit.

The fuel houses are too dominant in early game for factions that have access to tier 0 mgs like ostheer, you camp in one house with the mg and then you send your infantry to the other fuel to get yours and deny oponent fuel. Remove the houses, replace them with green cover or damage the houses to 20%-30% hp.

Another problem I find is that you cant get behind the northern cutoff house like you can do in south, that is one of the problems of why it is much harder to play from north.

Only the right fence stops infantry from getting behind the house and fight the garrison.

The northern cutoff house has bushes that deny infantry from getting behind it, on top of that the house is facing the base exit and you need to cross a red cover road to get to it.

The northern cutoff house also has a big green cover glide wing facing it, wich makes much easier to fight the garrison, compared to the southern house. The house being too big makes also too dominant when captured, so replacing it with the smaller houses that are almost never used will help to solve the problem, that or removing it. I would add a gap on that bush facing the church, since there is nothing similar in the south and will make new ways to flank the church.

Same with the southern house, too big, too dominant and hard to clear, replace it with the smaller house on the side that never gets used or remove it.

I would add more gaps to the base bushes to not limit the player only to go to 2 sides, that will improve retreat path and will prevent lock downs

And one of the biggest flaws this map has, the red cover roads, when you get lock down into your base, these roads make almost impossible to get out of the base, specially from the north, need to be removed.

The amount of green cover on the map and the elevations make the gameplay in this section of the map, the worst, removing the 50%-60% of the green cover in this area and flattening the are will help to fix the problem

25 Jun 2018, 05:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 21:15 PMLuciano
I noticed that the map lacks of 2 strategic points like most standard maps, that makes comebacks really difficult and messes with the tech times. I recommend to add another 2 points where is marked with light blue and move the existing ones a little bit.

The fuel houses are too dominant in early game for factions that have access to tier 0 mgs like ostheer, you camp in one house with the mg and then you send your infantry to the other fuel to get yours and deny oponent fuel. Remove the houses, replace them with green cover or damage the houses to 20%-30% hp.

Another problem I find is that you cant get behind the northern cutoff house like you can do in south, that is one of the problems of why it is much harder to play from north.

Only the right fence stops infantry from getting behind the house and fight the garrison.

The northern cutoff house has bushes that deny infantry from getting behind it, on top of that the house is facing the base exit and you need to cross a red cover road to get to it.

The northern cutoff house also has a big green cover glide wing facing it, wich makes much easier to fight the garrison, compared to the southern house. The house being too big makes also too dominant when captured, so replacing it with the smaller houses that are almost never used will help to solve the problem, that or removing it. I would add a gap on that bush facing the church, since there is nothing similar in the south and will make new ways to flank the church.

Same with the southern house, too big, too dominant and hard to clear, replace it with the smaller house on the side that never gets used or remove it.

I would add more gaps to the base bushes to not limit the player only to go to 2 sides, that will improve retreat path and will prevent lock downs

And one of the biggest flaws this map has, the red cover roads, when you get lock down into your base, these roads make almost impossible to get out of the base, specially from the north, need to be removed.

The amount of green cover on the map and the elevations make the gameplay in this section of the map, the worst, removing the 50%-60% of the green cover in this area and flattening the are will help to fix the problem

Some good feedback.

I'd rather just remove the houses on the cut off.
25 Jun 2018, 18:44 PM

I made a version of the map with little changes to it that I think will improve gameplay.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1422380864

Created a path to get out of the base easily. Opened the door thats on the side of the house to facilitate squads playing around the house.

Removed red cover roads outside the base to avoid lockdowns.

Did the same with the northern house, opened a path for squads and tweaked the bushes for improve pathing and make it more similar to the south house

Removed a lot of green cover in the middle to remove excess and removed stairs that only caused vehicle pathing issues

Tried to flatten all the area, the most I could.

Reduced church health to make it less dominant.

25 Jun 2018, 21:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I had no time yet to watch every single change from Luciano and wuff, but I have 2 question:
1. Did you thought about the stupid muni cutoff?
2. Is this map worth it to rework?
Like when in this mappatch 1 1vs1 map got removed, should it be this or westwall or Arnheim?

P. S. Ofc I will watch your both version later
25 Jun 2018, 21:25 PM
Donator 11

I had no time yet to watch every single change from Luciano and wuff, but I have 2 question:
Like when in this mappatch 1 1vs1 map got removed, should it be this or westwall or Arnheim?

IMHO, westwall is much better than arnhem. But I must admit that I might be biased against arnhem. That is why, to keep my opinion objective, I would choose to keep all current maps in.
26 Jun 2018, 20:15 PM

Yes, It does, we are going to play on them bro, all the maps worth be reworked. I only did simple changes that are pure improvements, nothing crazy.

Imo if they get reworked arnhem, Westwall or Lost Glider are the worst options to remove if they are the most reworkable maps
27 Jun 2018, 08:02 AM

I will do a larger pass on the weekend.

I think glider has the potential to be a good competitive map, with the right adjustments.
27 Jun 2018, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 18:44 PMLuciano
I made a version of the map with little changes to it that I think will improve gameplay.

I love these changes. Really good.
2 Jul 2018, 14:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 20:15 PMLuciano

Yes, It does, we are going to play on them bro, all the maps worth be reworked. I only did simple changes that are pure improvements, nothing crazy.

Imo if they get reworked arnhem, Westwall or Lost Glider are the worst options to remove if they are the most reworkable maps

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2018, 08:02 AMwuff

I will do a larger pass on the weekend.

I think glider has the potential to be a good competitive map, with the right adjustments.

So, i watched and streamed ( you can watch the streamvideo back if you like. Its in the middle of it) today t both workshop version. One of them was just the automatch version without no change. No idea if it was wuff or luciano one.

The 1 version with alot of changes:

- The new entrance in both basis ( in the hedge)
- I agree to remove some of the middle vp blockers BUT you removed TOO much

Dislike:
- The municutoff is still there
--> Just make the first stratgy point ( not the cutoff from the fuel, the other stratgy point) close the to the muni to the "connection" Yes then you have a save connection to the muni. But you have this on other maps too.

- Removing cutouff hosues and fuel houses
--> Add all 4 houses back. The cutoff houses and the houses on each side near the fuels

- Too much stuff got removed in the middle vp
--> There has to me some cover. Maybe on the right side of the vp some RIP-Stones as well.

--> Let the 2 thigns from the plane/ glider in the north
--> Move the south big glider part more to the south side and turn in around to the south side wall. So the glider is still there, but it does not kill any LoS because its anyway on the south stone wall.

Edit:
Ofc remove the redcover from both bases ;)

2 Jul 2018, 16:14 PM
2 Jul 2018, 16:30 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I checked and this one should be working

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1422380864

are there my dislike and likes in it?
Aka reworked in case?^^
2 Jul 2018, 17:16 PM

are there my dislike and likes in it?
Aka reworked in case?^^

no
3 Jul 2018, 16:14 PM

Yesterday automatch was pure Lost Glider, I realized apart from all the stuff I pointed already, that is almost impossible to play with light vehicles in the middle, probably more changes are needed in the middle.
3 Jul 2018, 16:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yesterday automatch was pure Lost Glider, I realized apart from all the stuff I pointed already, that is almost impossible to play with light vehicles in the middle, probably more changes are needed in the middle.

Tho the LV can pass the middle RIP stones. I tested it yesterday in the live version :). But as i said a mix between wuff and live version :)
3 Jul 2018, 16:32 PM

Tho the LV can pass the middle RIP stones. I tested it yesterday in the live version :). But as i said a mix between wuff and live version :)

What do you mean with rip stones? Light vehicles cant crush green cover. So you are not flattening the middle, not removing the red cover road outside the base and fixing the northern cutoff house? Wich are the most basic problems that this map has.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight