Login

russian armor

Ardeness Assault MP maps into automatch

25 Jun 2018, 22:18 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I wish Tric would make us more Farm maps because I know he loves making Farm maps for all of us :snfPeter:

I only make stalingrad clones MVGame
25 Jun 2018, 22:19 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The problem with current map pool is not connected with individual maps. The problem lies in the fact that there is a big group of maps that play the same from strategic perspective. What I mean is that if some build and commander works well on one of them, it is going to be a go to choice on all of them.

This feature of map pool leads to boring metas that frustrate people to the point that they agree on any changes that will shake up the meta. It also makes people struggle on few maps that require different approach, leading to negative reception of these maps. In effect some of these maps are being removed from the pool, amplifying the root couse of the problem. The veto system doesn't help either, couse it lets players avoid most of the different maps and stay with their brainless single build.

What we really need is more maps that play different than the core ones, to make playerbase more used to the obvious thing of choosing the strategy depending on the map.

More maps is good, and as I responded to you in another thread, there are a ton ready to go, the problem however, is what you outlined, actually using more than 2-3 commanders / strategies makes the community insanely tilted.
25 Jun 2018, 22:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Give me maps, where I can use shocks and can win games:D
25 Jun 2018, 22:33 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Give me maps, where I can use shocks and can win games:D

Ever hear of a map called stalingrad? :sibHyena:
25 Jun 2018, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 22:19 PMTric

More maps is good, and as I responded to you in another thread, there are a ton ready to go, the problem however, is what you outlined, actually using more than 2-3 commanders / strategies makes the community insanely tilted.

I think that we mostly agree on the matter. The difference in our point of view is that in your opinion the tunnel vision of playerbase is the reason for problems within map pool, while I believe it is the biased map pool that made people used the simplicity of a single build meta.

I hope that at least here, it is possible to reason with some community members and show them that broader map pool will let them enjoy rich meta for longer time than 1-2 weeks after ballance patch. It won't be simple as some people made tunnel vision their religion, but it is worth the try.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 22:33 PMTric

Ever hear of a map called stalingrad? :sibHyena:

Stalingrad is one of the maps you forgot about in your list in the other thread :P Romeo put it in most of his tourneys. Or do we only talk community made maps?
25 Jun 2018, 22:51 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I think that we mostly agree on the matter. The difference in our point of view is that in your opinion the tunnel vision of playerbase is the reason for problems within map pool, while I believe it is the biased map pool that made people used the simplicity of a single build meta.

I hope that at least here, it is possible to reason with some community members and show them that broader map pool will let them enjoy rich meta for longer time than 1-2 weeks after ballance patch. It won't be simple as some people made tunnel vision their religion, but it is worth the try.

Stalingrad is one of the maps you forgot about in your list in the other thread :P Romeo put it in most of his tourneys. Or do we only talk community made maps?

The playerbase is the same on that removed all the variance of maps from the pool to begin with, the similarity of maps is also do to the dumbing down of the resource system. There are less tools to vary a map with, so that is in a large part just a problem with the core dymanics within the game.

Problem maps like Rustungwerke Essen needed removed due to projectile blocking and things like that, things that don't do anything other than hinder game play or invalidate units.

Maps like Market Ruins and Bombarded Refinery were disliked due to the fact that they promoted different strategies and made some normally non-viable units actually useable, however Bombarded Refinery had the problem with the corner fuels being easily campable (ez fix). This was despite being literal mirrors in terms of everything from cover, to resources.

Caen had the cutoffs changed after it was added to automatch and it promptly went into the dumpster in terms of pick rate.

Halbe had the wrong version in automatch for centuries (in fact I don't think the right version was ever uploaded)

Bryansk forest had a lack of green cover (yet so does siddolios map potok in the current SMC and it is by far the favorite), but that was the large problem with it, despite the north being a lot of red cover (and arguebly the middle being a bit clausterphobic), again, ez fixes.

I don't think stalingrad is fixable without redoing most of the map to adjust it. Therefore it was lose its "soul" as I call it. Might as well just make another map that is similar. Same kinda goes for Semois/Angoville as well, which is why so many people want it removed/dislike it.

I dunno, it just seems like the community has played on the same maps for so long, they just ignore the huge issues with them, because they play around them now at this point. Which was the reason there was so much discussion around the GCS maps, cause they all have issues, some much larger than others (looking at you langreskya/faymonville).

However these maps are more of an issue of a thousand paper cuts accumulating to things wrong, rather than huge singular issues (like lost glider).

Either way I could talk about this forever, but people don't care, so many players go off feel and not actual math. Largely due (again) to playing all the top maps for the last 5 years.
26 Jun 2018, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 22:19 PMTric

This sounds like the it could be the core issue. You are limited to 3 commanders to deal with all sorts of maps. Pick the wrong commanders and its GG. Once again, the commander idea kills the game. The commanders alter the game play way too much.

Should COH3 let you pick say 6 commanders? Or better yet let you pick which weapons to upgrade too so that you can adapt to the map without a commander. Core inf should have short range and long range options.
27 Jun 2018, 14:34 PM

if we add 100 maps to automatch, won't we get like 30 vetos? :snfPeter: what's there to lose with that logic.
27 Jun 2018, 19:17 PM

if we add 100 maps to automatch, won't we get like 30 vetos? :snfPeter: what's there to lose with that logic.

40-60 maps would be torment to play.
28 Jun 2018, 13:40 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 06:19 AMRosbone

This sounds like the it could be the core issue. You are limited to 3 commanders to deal with all sorts of maps. Pick the wrong commanders and its GG. Once again, the commander idea kills the game. The commanders alter the game play way too much.

Should COH3 let you pick say 6 commanders? Or better yet let you pick which weapons to upgrade too so that you can adapt to the map without a commander. Core inf should have short range and long range options.

That's exactly my point made in another thread. 90% of the time a maps balance issues are extremely exacerbated simply because of the fact that not every faction has access non-doctrinally to standard tools.

40-60 maps would be torment to play.

You get a map! and you get a map! you all get maps!

But seriously there should be a pool of like 12 maps, and just rotate out 3 every month with a new 3. Work your way through all of them. And the majority of this crying about maps shit is fixed. Don't like a map in rotation? Cool veto it for 1 month. Simple.
1 Jul 2018, 22:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I am sorry to say but right now atleast for 3vs3, 4vs4 there will be nothing coming in from this maps.
About 1vs1-2vs2 relic and me did not discussed it yet. But right now we have other plans for automatchmaking. But the AA maps are not forgotton. Relic know that they exist :)
But when i am honest, i don't think they will come in this summerpatch.

Sorry Nigo.
1 Jul 2018, 23:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I am sorry to say but right now atleast for 3vs3, 4vs4 there will be nothing coming in from this maps.
About 1vs1-2vs2 relic and me did not discussed it yet. But right now we have other plans for automatchmaking. But the AA maps are not forgotton. Relic know that they exist :)
But when i am honest, i don't think they will come in this summerpatch.

Sorry Nigo.

Its a shame.

Because you guys are trying to fix Road to Karkov for the 10th time, Moscow Outkirts for the 7th time, Langreskaya for the 15th time and the list goes on.

More MonoBacon or WhiteFlash maps (the best two mappers in the community)? NO.

More commanders rework (because they are fuc.ked since the release) ? NO.

Rework the boring emplacements? NO.

More unused Relic content? NO.

Keep neglecting the community mappers (and the community itself) and they will vanish forever from this franchise. Theres no replacement anymore because RTS games is a decline trend.

We as community deserve a Paradox Interactive style company (a company who cares the community), but instead we are getting another EA/DICE company (both companies doesn't care about their product and community).

Things not making any sense from a long time ago. GG Relic.

PS: I forgot. We are getting nice balance patches who mirrored more and more the factions each patch for only the 1vs1 crowd. Brillant!!!!!
3 Jul 2018, 19:05 PM

My bets and hopes are on this being the big announcement after Pro Am finals now.
3 Jul 2018, 19:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2018, 19:05 PMQvazar
My bets and hopes are on this being the big announcement after Pro Am finals now.

RIP
But acutalyl i think the annoucnemnt are better than this^^

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2018, 23:45 PMnigo

More commanders rework (because they are fuc.ked since the release) ? NO.

Well, you are wrong :P
3 Jul 2018, 22:11 PM

Dont add more maps please, they're all going to be sh*t makes automatch unplayable
4 Jul 2018, 12:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Well. I think new maps would be cool but i cant see any AA map in pvp games. The AA maps were optimised for the pve missions and it would need to much time and testing to find and to balance any of these maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★