Login

russian armor

Why was Katyusha nerfed again?

• This thread is locked
17 Jun 2018, 10:22 AM

What was the point of nerfing an already egregious RNG barrage that hits bullcrap unless you have 2-3 of them to actually do something, even then you have to pray to Jesus to wipe anything, like someone is stupid enough to stay in the same place after the first barrage.

Walking stuka obliterates the support weapon line in a single well aimed barrage and it's actually hard to get away from it, god forbid if they make more than one in team games because I assure you, you wont have any fun unless you like tap dancing.

Even the pwerfer is better by miles, the thing actually is able to wipe squads if you don't retreat, it pins troops nearby, it's actually worth the damn investment.

So what the hell was the point of nerfing this thing, in team games it feels like I'm shooting peas even when I hit the bullseye.

17 Jun 2018, 10:55 AM

Are you firing at max range? The kat is awful at max range but very effective at closer ranges. At close range they can easily wipe squads in 1st or 2nd volley.
17 Jun 2018, 11:06 AM

Close to medium range but still doesnt do as much as the others, that's what annoys me, even for the cost it feels underwhelming because the other player actually has time to retreat after the first wave.
17 Jun 2018, 11:51 AM

Katy wasnt nerfed in last balance patch.
17 Jun 2018, 21:24 PM

Was the delay between barrages removed before patch went live?
17 Jun 2018, 21:31 PM

Why was Katyusha nerfed again?

It wasn't.
17 Jun 2018, 21:53 PM

This thread is so FailFish lol, but what else can you expect from most .org threads?

Katy wasnt nerfed in last balance patch.

this.

By the way, the Katyusha isnt weak at all. IMO it definitely belongs to the top 2 of rocket arty cuz of its consistency. Some say the Panzerwerfer is better, but IMO the Panzerwerfer is more situational. Pwerfer is better at getting wipes on short and mid range and it's pretty effective vs mobile infantry as well, but it kinda sucks on long range. Katyusha covers a very big area and has a lot rockets equipped that deal a lot damage. The Stuka is the best rocket arty in the game vs weapon teams, shutting them down completely and arriving on the battlefield the earliest out of all arty pieces, but it's pretty useless vs mobile infantry. Land matress and Calliope are pretty meh nowadays.
17 Jun 2018, 22:31 PM

I'm afraid the OP is mistaken. While it was indeed announced that the Katyusha was being nerfed, the revised changelog that appeared just before the patch went live stated that the change was reverted.

17 Jun 2018, 23:25 PM

I'm afraid the OP is mistaken. While it was indeed announced that the Katyusha was being nerfed, the revised changelog that appeared just before the patch went live stated that the change was reverted.

placebo effect
18 Jun 2018, 10:11 AM

placebo effect

*nocebo :p
27 Jun 2018, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2018, 21:31 PMLago

It wasn't.

*nocebo :p

Wouldn’t this be the nocebo effect and not placebo in this case?
27 Jun 2018, 16:32 PM

It's actually the noobo effect.

This guy is basically ulumullu for Allies. There truly is balance in the force now!
27 Jun 2018, 22:43 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Since this change never happened, there is no need to talk more.
For the future :
read the latest patch notes line to line ;thx
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight