Login

russian armor

worst patches in coh2 history

14 Jun 2018, 17:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2018, 11:35 AMKatitof

Apparently you do not remember when ost pin planes wiped squads and interrupted retreats while having no cooldown between its strafes.

Or March Deployment patch that allowed bad players to beat top 10 players by just playing ost.

Member the stun nades that would lock on retreat?

Or the mass 222 spam post launch that destroyed 2v2+ meta?
14 Jun 2018, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2018, 15:44 PMButcher
Not the most unbalanced of patches but the most annoying one was when the ISU-152 with 100 range was meta and you had to go 100 range Elefant to counter it. So every game ended up in ISU vs Ele.

Wasn't that a period just before wfa release?
14 Jun 2018, 19:03 PM

It's funny looking back on all this though and seeing how the game has evolved.

Remember the days before they patched the Su76 and it was one of the worst units in the game and served no purpose whatsoever?

Still, they must be getting something right as the axis/allies ratio when searching is much more balanced. I remember the days where it was 95% axis. This of course became the exact opposite during any state of allied OP/bugs such as the machine gun sherman etc. take this with a pinch of salt as I am a 3v3/4v4 scrub ;)
15 Jun 2018, 00:10 AM

It's not like it was the first time they had done it either. Remember the SwS HT having crush ? Which was removed from alpha but still re-appeared during release.

With the mortar thing, i'm not sure how the single player who nobody tested, made it into the game.

Yeah the USF mortar was around the time I started coming on COH2 org and following the game more closely. It was really annoying to me how the devs could just toss away valuable balancing in what would be considered the Public Beta Test of Coh2 especially when I came from other games which took those PBs for patches very seriously.
15 Jun 2018, 01:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wasn't that a period just before wfa release?

Yep, the best month of CoH2 on 2v2. Although the game was fine as long as both teams didn't used them. Basically non meta vs non meta was FUN.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2018, 19:03 PMGrim
It's funny looking back on all this though and seeing how the game has evolved.

Remember the days before they patched the Su76 and it was one of the worst units in the game and served no purpose whatsoever?

Still, they must be getting something right as the axis/allies ratio when searching is much more balanced. I remember the days where it was 95% axis. This of course became the exact opposite during any state of allied OP/bugs such as the machine gun sherman etc. take this with a pinch of salt as I am a 3v3/4v4 scrub ;)

It's funny when people said that this was the case, because there are more players that like to play as Axis than allies. Suddenly all those Axis players switch to Allies when UKF was released :P

Yeah the USF mortar was around the time I started coming on COH2 org and following the game more closely. It was really annoying to me how the devs could just toss away valuable balancing in what would be considered the Public Beta Test of Coh2 especially when I came from other games which took those PBs for patches very seriously.

If i have to put my tinfoil hat on, i'll say that for some reason the mini mortar didn't manage to past QA and they basically said, let's just release the single player version one instead and see how it goes live having USF with a mortar. Little they know it was OH OP version of the mortar, with even better veterancy. What made things worst on that patch, is that some genius thought they were "fixing" all mortars veterancy, by applying the range increase on barrage, to the basic auto fire function. Everyone was basically having a 120mm range mortar by vet 2.
15 Jun 2018, 04:13 AM

If i have to put my tinfoil hat on, i'll say that for some reason the mini mortar didn't manage to past QA and they basically said, let's just release the single player version one instead and see how it goes live having USF with a mortar. Little they know it was OH OP version of the mortar, with even better veterancy. What made things worst on that patch, is that some genius thought they were "fixing" all mortars veterancy, by applying the range increase on barrage, to the basic auto fire function. Everyone was basically having a 120mm range mortar by vet 2.

Ehh dont remind me of Ost and USF turbo mortars hitting you from their base it was a sad sad time.
15 Jun 2018, 05:00 AM

This wasn't the worst patch but I remember when you could build an AEC that performed like a Vet 3 T-70 about 5 minutes into the game. NA ESL was Paula building like 4 AEC's a game and the poor Ostheer player would have to pray he could survive until the puma call-in. Only game I remember AEC spam losing that patch was when Paul derped out and lost two AEC's to 1 Incendiary Round ability from DevM.
15 Jun 2018, 21:14 PM

It's funny when people said that this was the case, because there are more players that like to play as Axis than allies. Suddenly all those Axis players switch to Allies when UKF was released :P

Everyone suddenly decided that the British soldier outfits were cooler XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %