Login

russian armor

worst patches in coh2 history

11 Jun 2018, 10:34 AM

the reintroduction of the mortar pit

That abomination from coh1 that nobody wanted still everybody got

At least in CoH1 you could decrew them and steal them, which was usually pretty hilarious. Not to mention CoH1 had a faction that was balanced around countering it (mortar HT incendiary rounds or panzershreck inf) and brace wasn't a thing.
11 Jun 2018, 10:42 AM

Permanently Banned
March 2014 was madness to play with soviets, it was so terrible.
If i am not mistake after patch, Cruzz and Cataclaw (ostheer) meet in Stalingrad map (who know taht map, dont need explaine about what chance ostheer have on that map), and grens spam of Cataclaw jsut nuke Cruzz like in 15 min :p
11 Jun 2018, 11:22 AM

i rember a time when thiere was no limit to the heavy tanks, those were the days
11 Jun 2018, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

While its not the worst patch or version of the game by far, the fact relic decided to switch something that was tested and perfectly fine in the balance preview with something that ended up being horrible OP was extremely annoying and kind of insulting.

It's not like it was the first time they had done it either. Remember the SwS HT having crush ? Which was removed from alpha but still re-appeared during release.

With the mortar thing, i'm not sure how the single player who nobody tested, made it into the game.
A_E
11 Jun 2018, 12:41 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Ah how about patch v1.00 aka release date.

Where they released a half finished game, lacking basic features such as automatch ladder with pay2win DLC on day 1?

I understand that THQ had just gone under so can be very forgiving, and the fact that they stuck with the game and improved it no end after that is awesome.

But back in July 2013 I was a very pissed off customer. If .org hadn't kept the game alive for me, I would have stopped caring completely.
11 Jun 2018, 12:49 PM

The week OKW released and every mode was just obers lazering down everyone with bonus accuracy vs retreating squads

anyone who says UKF release must be smoking something serious, they were usless for a good few months due to the terrible AEC and Wehr sniper cheese.
11 Jun 2018, 13:10 PM

I am surprised that people mention the USF mortar and do not mention the Penal battalions with flamer, ourah and low XP value that come in the same patch.
11 Jun 2018, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2018, 12:41 PMA_E
Ah how about patch v1.00 aka release date.

Where they released a half finished game, lacking basic features such as automatch ladder with pay2win DLC on day 1?

I understand that THQ had just gone under so can be very forgiving, and the fact that they stuck with the game and improved it no end after that is awesome.

But back in July 2013 I was a very pissed off customer. If .org hadn't kept the game alive for me, I would have stopped caring completely.

And that horrible delay in multiplayer
11 Jun 2018, 15:38 PM

(Not the community patches tho, overall they were awesome IMO

They were decent but definitly not awesome...Of course also caused by Relic "scope" not making it possible to balance everything properly. But things like the IL2 loiter buff, OKW flak HT, all the ridiculous overnerfs (most units they nerf turn into useless crap).
A_E
11 Jun 2018, 15:53 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Big props to the community patch team Mr. Smith, Miragalfa, formally Callum. Kyle too. Tbh I think we have grown very spoilt based on this game's history, the current game state is baller!
11 Jun 2018, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 13:32 PMMittens
Nothing will ever beat that one December where the LEIG got suppression and the KT could hit the field in 9 minutes
did u forget the machine gun stuart and sherman, and it was on the same patch that thye added the OP usf mortar cheaper but better than the ost and su combined
11 Jun 2018, 20:16 PM

Flame HT was a medium tank.
Kv8 wiped things by blinking at them.
Assault support Doc strafe pinned your inf into base early on.

Tiger Ace was the most OP though.
11 Jun 2018, 20:19 PM

I don't consider bugged patches to be even close among the worst. It is far worse when bad decisions lead to issues, than when mistakes.

Like those saying the combined arms bug from the Pershing Commander was bad; we had to deal with that for like 2 weeks... The WFA launch broke the game for years.
12 Jun 2018, 19:13 PM

Machine gun sherman and stuart. I just left if people used it-regardless of whether they were enemy or ally.

Tiger Ace when it was first introduced-came off the game for a long time during those dark days.

Katyusha doing insane damage against structures (2 could destroy a OKW truck in one barrage or near enough if I remember correctly).

OKW truck pushing/crushing in the early game.

Volkshreks-no explanation needed.

B4 artillery with precision strike.

The vehicle pathing 'fix' which ended up with tanks reversing everywhere unless heavily micromanaged.

Still, Relic has given this game more support than it probably deserves (financially speaking) so I don't begrudge their mistakes too much. I just waited for them to be fixed.

14 Jun 2018, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 13:32 PMMittens
Nothing will ever beat that one December where the LEIG got suppression and the KT could hit the field in 9 minutes

Apparently you do not remember when ost pin planes wiped squads and interrupted retreats while having no cooldown between its strafes.

Or March Deployment patch that allowed bad players to beat top 10 players by just playing ost.
14 Jun 2018, 12:28 PM

Launch CoH2. Mortars :foreveralone:

That patch where the map pool for 1v1 consisted of nothing but Stalingrad lol.

The patch that the KV8 torch everything that resembled a pixel.

The patch where you had 5 minute ( I believe it was 5) flamer HT each freaking game.

That patch where Tiger ace and Windustry came into existence.

Brits launch and their entire OPness

OKW at Launch :sibToxic:

14 Jun 2018, 14:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Launch CoH2. Mortars :foreveralone:

That patch where the map pool for 1v1 consisted of nothing but Stalingrad lol.

I remember this, it was like some bad CoH2 related dream.
14 Jun 2018, 15:28 PM

That's a really hard question cuz there is so much shit patches to choose from. (Not the community patches tho, overall they were awesome IMO)

I would say the one where Mobile Assault and Advanced emplacement regiment got added. Not only that both doctrines were beyond broken and OP (5 CP land matress destroying an OKW HQ in 1 barrage; free counter barrage vs mortars that attempted to destroy the almost unkillable emplacements), but it also removed veterancy from all units, caused the 100-man RE squad and 5x schreck /4x sweeper etc. bug on all squads after reinforcing.
And it bugged out the automatch map-pool as well. IIRC every 1v1 was played on Stalingrad, every 2v2 on Kharkov, every 3v3 on Rzhev Summer and every 4v4 on Steppes. No matter what maps you vetoed.

And it was during ESL as well :bananadance:

For me and my friends it was the best bug. Because Summer Rzhev is the most interesting, bloody and tense map. And it does not matter that people crying about the imbalance (because the balance for me is not the main place, the main place is the interest to play), we played and bloody won on either side of map.

The worst patches are the last three, they make the game less interesting and the factions are clones.
14 Jun 2018, 15:32 PM

Hands down WFA release. That damned can of worms...
14 Jun 2018, 15:44 PM

Not the most unbalanced of patches but the most annoying one was when the ISU-152 with 100 range was meta and you had to go 100 range Elefant to counter it. So every game ended up in ISU vs Ele.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★