Login

russian armor

Brits Scouting/Vision

10 Jun 2018, 12:19 PM
Donator 11

Hello!

I am playing more brits recently and having difficulties with scouting the enemy. For OKW, I always played Luftwaffe or Special Ops to have either the smoke plane or the flares. Unfortunately, for brits I really dont know how to scout in a similar way.

The command vehicle is probably one of the best scouting options in the game but its locked behind a doctrine i dont enjoy so much.

Besides that I am blank.

Any help? How do you guys scout/get vision on enemy, similar to OKW flares/scout planes, with Brits?

Best,
Hanz
10 Jun 2018, 13:20 PM
Patrion 310

I like Vanguard, since the airlanding officer has a recon similar to the USF Major, except its better and cheaper. Its also a pretty varied commander as well. Only thing you lack is indirect fire.

What game mode are you playing?
10 Jun 2018, 13:45 PM

Tommies get bonus sight when in cover with vet 1 and bonus sight with pyrotechnics.

Tank commander provide 10 LOS

Doctrinal options are:
Commando officer
Command vehicle
calling-in croc
arty flares
assault
forward observation post
10 Jun 2018, 14:31 PM
Donator 11

I like Vanguard, since the airlanding officer has a recon similar to the USF Major, except its better and cheaper. Its also a pretty varied commander as well. Only thing you lack is indirect fire.

Oh, didnt know about Vanguard Airlanding officer's scouting ability. Love this commander. Just stopped playing it when the one with the mattresses came out. Will check out today.

Playing 2v2 with my more ambitious mates, and 4v4 with my more casual friends.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 13:45 PMVipper
Tommies get bonus sight when in cover with vet 1 and bonus sight with pyrotechnics.

Tank commander provide 10 LOS

Doctrinal options are:
Commando officer
Command vehicle
calling-in croc
arty flares
assault
forward observation post

Thx for the tips! What is "arty flares" and "assault"?
10 Jun 2018, 18:47 PM

Thx for the tips! What is "arty flares" and "assault"?

"early warning" from artillery commander fire flares at all front-line sectors.

"assault" is an ability from commandos that among other thing call-in single pass recon planes.
10 Jun 2018, 19:17 PM

Tommies with pyrotechnic supplies are highly underrated IMO - bonus sight and the arty is rather good now at both countering support weapons or area denial
10 Jun 2018, 19:32 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 18:47 PMVipper

"early warning" from artillery commander fire flares at all front-line sectors.

"assault" is an ability from commandos that among other thing call-in single pass recon planes.

Thx for explaining!

Tommies with pyrotechnic supplies are highly underrated IMO - bonus sight and the arty is rather good now at both countering support weapons or area denial

"Tommies with pyrotechnic supplies" what? is this? :) Sry, no brits expert here
10 Jun 2018, 19:35 PM
Donator 11

"Tommies with pyrotechnic supplies" what? is this? :) Sry, no brits expert here

Pyrotechnic supplies is one of the upgrades of tommy squad. Alternative to the healing package. Lets you call down base artillery strikes by throwing flares and increases sight range.
10 Jun 2018, 22:28 PM

+1

Also remember that you can scout with commandos in cloak and tommies with the pyrotechnics upgrade. Scouting with the sniper is also an option, albeit risky and a bit of a waste of killing power (with commandos you can just go engage right after).

Edit: the vanguard airlanding officer recon is also super cheap. It's like 30 muni or something but it isn't a loiter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★