Login

russian armor

T70 rush against Osther breaks the game?

8 Jun 2018, 13:40 PM

Every time I encounter a soviet player in 1v1 as osther i am doomed. When he rushes a t70 i have no counters on the field, and as the t70 now wipes squads with its laser cannon faster then i can get a pak the game revolves around me being able to kill the t70 with mines or the one pak i have, if i fail the game is lost.
Since Osther has no light Armour capable of taking the t70 on and medium tanks coming into the game way later i cant find a way to counter it. Could someone tell me of a good way to counter such rushes? I would appreciate any help. My coh2 name is michalszym if anyone wants to see my playercard.

8 Jun 2018, 13:49 PM

Faust and Pak are enough. If not, its a problem of micro not unit choice. Also, if they didnt go T1 u can go for double 222 instead of a Pak
8 Jun 2018, 13:53 PM

You realize that Mobile Defense is the most OP Ost doctrine right now? It has call-in Pumas, panzer tactician smoke, Command P4.

Then you can just use your snares with OP range, teller mines, AT-gun, 222s, Panzergrenadiere...

So many options.
8 Jun 2018, 14:10 PM

Panic Puma with Mobile Defense is indeed the easiest way to counter it. Otherwise just put Teller mines on roads and choke points where the T70 has to path and enjoy watching it explode. Players at lower skill levels rarely sweep for mines so with good placement they'll likely pay off.
8 Jun 2018, 14:34 PM

M O B I L E D E F E N S E
8 Jun 2018, 15:08 PM

Why Mobile Defense? #Just444
8 Jun 2018, 16:20 PM

Tellers ohk it... If you KNOW it's coming bait it.
10 Jun 2018, 08:50 AM

Ok thanks, i understand it is only my problem. Ill work on it, thanks for the help.
10 Jun 2018, 12:11 PM

If you want tips post a thread here: https://www.coh2.org/forum/12/red-army-strategies Occasionally top players drop by and give very in depth advice.
10 Jun 2018, 19:29 PM

Mobile defense Puma counters t70 pretty hard, additionally if some sort of ptrs arent on the field 444 beats t70 if you micro it correctly. Another safe route if you go tier 2 is pak supported by infantry fausts to prevent circle strafing.
11 Jun 2018, 20:37 PM

I like to counter with grens, use the increased faust range bulletin, pick doctrines which have the sprint ability (the one thats now part of the camo ability).

Dont click faust until the T-70 is in range, this way they fire it better and dont just attempt to keep following after the T-70 without actually firing.

Also, place grens near corners using line of sight blockers like buildingds and trees, near to where the T70 is going to want to pressure you.

Save plenty of muni for as many fausts as possible, lots of grens. Maybe forgo the tellar, to keep those munis ready.

If you combine that, with sprint, you can actually hunt them down! Finish with a 222, or just keep them out the action until you have better counters. Or even bring shreks to finish the job, you can use the Storm troopers one and completely skip T2 if you like! (Just make sure to back teck for pak after T3).

I find not many people are ready for sprint + increased range faust.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★