Login

russian armor

Strongest Faction?

8 Jun 2018, 19:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Difference between low level/randoms and high level arranged team: you can communicate to go for an extremely aggressive maneuver due starting combat unit and snowball through sheer early man power advantage. It's better been able to cause attrition and then cap.

People at lower levels on 2v2, favours going for both sides of the map, capping in order from base HQ instead of rushing key positions and buildings. They take unnecessary engagements (1v2) trying to hold for X reason a strategic point which they will still lose in the following 30s, or mostly never ever soft retreat units from combat.

8 Jun 2018, 21:03 PM

Coming from a casual player , mainly 4v4 , and dabble in 2v2 and 1v1 , id say Ost are in a the best position right now.

Werfer is very good at taking out individual team weapons and melts blobs if they are densely stacked. MG42 is always a pain unless you snipe it / use indirect fire , fast suppression can really spoil your plan.

Stug is solid , as is Panther. Just a good all round to be honest.

As for the worst , id say either USF / Brits.

Shame , as I really enjoy playing UKF.
9 Jun 2018, 09:23 AM

OKW strong early game against Soviets. Meaning Soviets have to come back later. It should not be the case. It should be equal from the beginning.
9 Jun 2018, 13:04 PM

Then probably because they were better ?

I think you answered yourself any single post of your. You can now leave the forum happy, in peace.
9 Jun 2018, 14:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Ostheer>Soviets>OKW>>USF>>>>>>powergap>>>>>>>>UKF

Give brits some love relic
9 Jun 2018, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2018, 13:04 PMEsxile

I think you answered yourself any single post of your. You can now leave the forum happy, in peace.

Please quote the post of mine where I said that I lost a battle only because enemy fraction is OP.
If the team got "steamrolled" within minutes then they did something wrong .If you lose your IS to one SP then you probably did somthing wrong,when you lose 2 Volkssquads to one satchel then you probably did somthing wrong,when You loose the whole map to the enemy while having better infantry then you did somthing wrong.Therefore the enemy team was (at least in this battle)or do you really want to tell me that f.e. Volks need to get nerfed?(btw if Katitof could at least send the link to this replay then I could maybe acutally watch it and not only guess about the reasons for their loss)
9 Jun 2018, 15:10 PM

This question is tricky because OP taking into account how easy it is to play given faction.

I'd say that Wehrmacht is the strongest if you manage to play it perfectly, but it is very error prone.

But if you throw in some mistakes in your play I'd say Soviets is the strongest, because they are very forgiving.

Other factions are too crippled by absence of certain tools in their disposal. Often it is easy to play against them utilizing their weak sides (which is also very map dependent). First thing that comes into mind is disparity in anti-garrison tools and availablilty of indirect fire options in early-to-mid stages of game.
Not
9 Jun 2018, 15:24 PM

This question is tricky because OP taking into account how easy it is to play given faction.

I'd say that Wehrmacht is the strongest if you manage to play it perfectly, but it is very error prone.

But if you throw in some mistakes in your play I'd say Soviets is the strongest, because they are very forgiving.

Other factions are too crippled by absence of certain tools in their disposal. Often it is easy to play against them utilizing their weak sides (which is also very map dependent). First thing that comes into mind is disparity in anti-garrison tools and availablilty of indirect fire options in early-to-mid stages of game.
How exatcly they are forgiving?
9 Jun 2018, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2018, 15:24 PMNot
How exatcly they are forgiving?

Low reinfocement cost per model, resistance to wipes by explosions (high model count), generalist units like guards or SU-76 (anti-everything in some degree).
9 Jun 2018, 21:19 PM

Low reinfocement cost per model, resistance to wipes by explosions (high model count), generalist units like guards or SU-76 (anti-everything in some degree).

SU-76 sometimes are excellent against everything, and sometimes will do nothing against anything and blow up in two hits. It all depends how lucky you are.
9 Jun 2018, 21:54 PM

When playing automatch as Soviets, about 70% times opponents are OKW. People wouldn't pick OKW if it was not easy to play.

It should just be allowed to choose faction to play against in automatch. Then all problems should be solved. People can just choose which opponent to play against.
10 Jun 2018, 05:41 AM

Its only hard if your comparison is OKW, but the bar isn't very high then.

10 Jun 2018, 07:08 AM

Ostheer is all about not getting too much overconfident but honestly, till you reach top100, dual HMG + 4 gren and a mortar and it is difficult to manage to lose in the current meta. I lose a lot as Ostheer by trying different strats while with USF or Soviet, I pretty much doing always the same strat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★