Login

russian armor

They seriously overnerfed my lovely su76 to poop

22 May 2018, 06:53 AM

Just want to point out that I am not the kind of noob who turned to play allies especially soviet after the last patch. I have been a Soviet for more than 2000 hours.
Su-76 is my most favorite unit since I started to play this game(probably three years ago). I love it because most of the modes I played are either 3v3 or 4v4 which you will continuously face axis players spamming panthers and PZ-4. The 4 su76 tactic was coincidentally founded by me during a match when one of the OST players produced nothing but tigers( back to the era you can produce infinity Heavy tanks). Ever since it has become my unbeatable tactic and once helped me reach to the top ten soviet 4v4 players. I personally disdain those noobs who turned to play Soviet after the last patch, a faction which was basically the least play of the all in 4v4. Especially those su76 spammers who had never tried su76 before the patch. You guys misguided relic to nerf the unit, which is now only a waste of manpower and fuel.
It is hard to figure out a commander independent tactic as a Soviet player in 4v4, and I feel sad to be so commander-dependent right now. I am expecting to have some salty comments down there but it is okay. I just hope everybody who left a comment there knows my feeling. It is really a pain in the ass when you see that you have to abandon a tactic which you have been used for more than three years.
22 May 2018, 06:57 AM
Donator 11

Salty comment incoming - you’re complaining that your ‘unbeatable tactic’ got nerfed?
22 May 2018, 07:01 AM

it's ok to changed your tactic bruh 80% of community also lose their scarvenger and armor company last patch :hansRNG:
22 May 2018, 07:47 AM
Patrion 310

The SU-76 as it currently is, is fine. I've not had any major issues using it in 3's or 4's (the cost on the barrage is annoying though :()

Before it got buffed it was utter trash and was never worth building. It is far from that state right now.

Personally I think Soviets are the strongest allied faction currently. Just need to #adapt and not rely on some cheesy spam strat.
22 May 2018, 08:11 AM

Complaining that his cheap ass light tank destroyers can no longer stand up to late game expensive heavy armor and can't indefinitely bombard infantry while they were at it anymore, lol. This unit was broken in team games and they fixed it.

I also seriously wonder how people can supposedly 'spam' 490MP 185F 18popcap Panthers.
22 May 2018, 08:35 AM

The SU-76 as it currently is, is fine. I've not had any major issues using it in 3's or 4's (the cost on the barrage is annoying though :()

Before it got buffed it was utter trash and was never worth building. It is far from that state right now.

Personally I think Soviets are the strongest allied faction currently. Just need to #adapt and not rely on some cheesy spam start.

The barrage is actually okay. Just the rate of fire, too crapy. Since it has bad accuracy and low hp. What can really make su76 competitive is the rate of fire.
22 May 2018, 08:37 AM

Complaining that his cheap ass light tank destroyers can no longer stand up to late game expensive heavy armor and can't indefinitely bombard infantry while they were at it anymore, lol. This unit was broken in team games and they fixed it.

I also seriously wonder how people can supposedly 'spam' 490MP 185F 18popcap Panthers.

Have you ever gone into late games in 4v4 or 3v3. It is extremely common to see people having more than 6 panthers on the field in the same time( what I like to call a 2+2+1+1 in 4v4 ), excluding the other armors.
22 May 2018, 08:38 AM

I had 3 of them taking down a Tiger frontally, The tiger didn't even killed one... Just need a bit of micro.
22 May 2018, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 08:37 AMHarry

Have you ever gone into late games in 4v4 or 3v3. It is extremely common to see people having more than 6 panthers on the field in the same time, excluding the other armors.

6 panthers is 108 popcap...
22 May 2018, 08:39 AM

6 panthers is 108 popcap...

...out off 400( 4v4, I am not talking about 1v1).
22 May 2018, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 08:38 AMEsxile
I had 3 of them taking down a Tiger frontally, The tiger didn't even killed one... Just need a bit of micro.

Not gonna lie but my micro on su76 is perfect. I had once killed 2 stugs, 1 pz4, 1 bummbar, and 1 tiger without losing one of my SUs.
22 May 2018, 08:45 AM

4 SUs are not cheap. 1120 MP and 300 fuel in total. And 32 pop( or 28 I forget the number). This is more than the cost of a JT or elephant. Plus it does not have guarantee pen on any German armor( I mean medium plus armors), plus low health , and plus paper armor. I do agree that its barrage ability is way too annoying. But I did not intend to address its anti infantries at the beginning.
22 May 2018, 09:15 AM

Wipe your tears, if you build SU-76 to counter heavy armor and it works as well as you described, then that shows how justified a nerf was.

The 4 su76 tactic was coincidentally founded by me during a match when one of the OST players produced nothing but tigers

I hope you are not suggesting that the only reason people started spamming this unit was because of you "inventing" it. People are smart enough to figure out what works well and what doesnt.

4 SUs are not cheap. 1120 MP and 300 fuel in total. And 32 pop( or 28 I forget the number). This is more than the cost of a JT or elephant.

That is a flawed comparison, you could say the same about spamming tons of 222's and their cost efficiency vs. a Pershing.

I personally disdain those noobs who turned to play Soviet after the last patch, a faction which was basically the least play of the all in 4v4. Especially those su76 spammers who had never tried su76 before the patch. You guys misguided relic to nerf the unit

Why do you disdain those players? I really struggle to see the logic here. If people discovered how good the SU76 was and started to spam it for that reason, how is that "misguiding" relic when its a clear testament to the viability of that unit? They wouldnt spam it if it wasnt a really good unit.

You dont "own" that strategy, its not the "new spamming noobs" fault that the unit got nerfed, you dont have a trademark on SU76 spam and your feelings matter less than the balance of the game.
22 May 2018, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2018, 08:45 AMHarry

4 SUs are not cheap. 1120 MP and 300 fuel in total. And 32 pop( or 28 I forget the number). This is more than the cost of a JT or elephant.

They were too cost-effective at countering medium-heavy tanks/TDs, especially considering they would allow you to stay at T3. They were too spamable in team games and this needed to be fixed. The cost comparison is flawed as Brotgrenadier already pointed out.

Although personally I think the proposed penetration nerf made much more sense than ROF nerf, because penetration is exactly what affects its scaling (which IMO was the problem) and wouldn't have hurt it as an intermediate unit to counter light-medium armor.
22 May 2018, 09:29 AM

Su76 tactic is very strong, especially when you build 3 of them. But it have very serios flaws - when i spamming su76, i always don't have t4 or i build it very late and if i'll lost 2 of them it will be very big disadvantage for me. Also 2 squads ost pgrens with shrecks will ruin all your su76 blob very quickly. And don't forget about micro and AT stuka strafe.
SU76 spam have very strong sides, but good german player could outplay it. As almost SU and OST player i could say that su76 spamming very good on open maps and only if you have enough micro skills. But from other side it's very boring play only from su76 spam. It's almost the same as stug spam for ost. I think there is some kind of "T3 curse" for OST ans SU.
22 May 2018, 09:38 AM

3 SU-76 is noob, better to get 1 SU-76, delayed t-43
22 May 2018, 10:57 AM

I am not sure why you are complaining since stug had its reload
nerfed too.

Actually SU-76 nerfes should include XP value and penetration (instead of reload which has minimal impact when spammed).

In addition its barrage currently is OP compared to mortars since it has kill radius of 1.5 (to 1.8 by vet2) while mortars have a kill radius of 0 and it has more range.
22 May 2018, 11:47 AM

Commander independent tactic for late-game Soviets in a 4v4?

Penals, 85s and/or Kats.

Believe it or not, Russian T4 exists.

The purpose of the nerf was to prevent cheap T3 TDs from swarming late-game where they cost-effectively dealt more damage than their late counterparts.

After all, what's the point of paying for a single unit that costs 720MP and 280 fuel when it gets destroyed by 3 units costing 280MP and 80 fuel each?

You can even afford to lose one and even then, you still had 2 fully functioning TDs that could barrage infantry/emplacements for absolutely nothing.
22 May 2018, 14:19 PM

aha.

You was nearly unbeatable and beat the strongest player with SU76 spam...so now you complain that it was nerfed? For real?

I have games where my Zis and su76 more infantery kill that all mortars on the field...even ost mortar had less kills...you can bombard so effectively over huge range...and when the enemy comes with armor you one.shot it in often 1-2 rounds from 3-4 sus.

easy going
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak