Login

russian armor

Spring ninjas - SBP Error & Bug Reporting

17 May 2018, 22:45 PM

Edit from Sturmpanther

What would a Relic patch be without a few fun surprises?

Soviets:

NEW:
120mm mortar broken. When you recrew it you can refresh to 6man squad

Guard squad require 3 cps (will be shown as 2cps in commander selection menus and tooltips, but you will not be able to call the squad in at 2cps)

Guard and Penal PTRS lost their extra 13 damage they were doing against buildings, so their DPS against buildings is nearly halved. Conscript PTRS still has it.

Engineers can't use Demos anymore at all.

USF:

Jackson far range was moved from 60 to 55, very slightly nerfing pen and accuracy for ranges 30-59

Pack Howitzer Heat Barrage damage per round from 160 to 120, aoe near from 1 to 0.85

USF 81mm barrage angle scatter increased from 9 to 10 and distance scatter max from 8 to 9
USF 81mm auto-attack distance scatter ratio from 0.08 to 0.0875

Recon Company Raid Tactics ability will now last forever, giving all infantry units +7 vision for the rest of the match. Vehicles will lose their capping ability after 45 seconds of being manned, but decrewing and recrewing will give it back again.

Brits:

Universal Carrier front armor is actually 8 instead of 7 like in notes, rear armor is 4.1 correctly

Vickers K got an accuracy nerf like bren gun but still 60 muni

Brens cost 60 from Forward Assembly. In Base they are 45 as said in patch. Bren gun mid range not changed.

Sappers can equip double LMG from racks again. Patchers forgot to change the weapon checked for sapper double LMG limitation so now they can equip two brens from racks again.

OKW

Panther and Panzer IV also got a 50% accuracy increase on one of their MGs against snipers as the same MG is used on them as on the Luchs

Volksgrenadiers get autoheal at vet 4 instead of vet 5 (Was this already in the previous patch? Mod tools tell me no, but some people tell me yes)

Valiant Assault recharge time from 60 to 120 seconds

Volksgrenadier flame nades require you to have bought an SWS, doesn't need to be setup

Sturmpioneers: Have AoE heal now https://youtu.be/2DU9k7SuGek

NEW: MP40 volks have access to flame nades because the ability check for flame nades no longer checks for MP40s, only for the upgrade on the first SWS.

Wehrmacht

Ostwind on hulldown also lost it's -50% cooldown in addition to the reload removal that affects other vehicles

NEW: PanzerGren single schrek replacement has been broken by the addition of a requirement that can't be completed. Cost also increased by 5.
17 May 2018, 22:50 PM
Donator 11

This is exactly why testing patches before releasing them is so important. Everybody seemed to try to convince me that it makes no sense to test patch before release. And here we are.
17 May 2018, 22:58 PM

Great Job as always Cruzz. Well done.
17 May 2018, 22:58 PM

sappers now use the tommy bren but the tommy bren is weaker right?

Shame the vickers carrier got caught up in the nerf too

This is exactly why testing patches before releasing them is so important. Everybody seemed to try to convince me that it makes no sense to test patch before release. And here we are.

it's not that bad compared to the past, if anything one or two of these ninjas will help balance (tanks doing better damage vs snipers)
17 May 2018, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

Are these Ninjas or unintentional changes...
17 May 2018, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 22:59 PMMittens

Schrodinger's Patch.

Likely we'll never know if they were snuck in or just bugs. Given it's Relic, probably the latter.
17 May 2018, 23:06 PM

Recon Company Raid Tactics ability will now last forever, giving all infantry units +7 vision while not in combat for the rest of the match. Vehicles will lose their capping ability after 45 seconds of being manned, but decrewing and recrewing will give it back again.

How does a bug like that get in there in the first place?
17 May 2018, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 23:06 PMLago

By refactoring scripts without proper testing.
17 May 2018, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 23:06 PMLago

In this case it's a single number change, changing the duration of the ability from 45 to -1. Ability duration being less than 0 means that it will run until all effects of the ability are over. Unfortunately the infantry vision modifier has it's duration set to 0, which means infinite, and so the 45 second duration on the other half of the ability (vehicle capping) doesn't matter

So because they overlooked one duration while changing another duration, they ended up making the ability last forever.
17 May 2018, 23:53 PM

Funny you mention that.

Someone said that checking something is a higher form of trust or something like that a couple of days ago.

Anyhow, whoever wrote those patch notes has dyslexia or some shit cause it has obvious grammar mistakes.
17 May 2018, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 22:59 PMMittens

Some of this is stuff that was in earlier renditions of the patch, really unsurprising.
18 May 2018, 00:00 AM
Donator 11

Some of this is stuff that was in earlier renditions of the patch, really unsurprising.

This is exactly why people are wondering whether the mistake is in the patch itself or in patch notes.
18 May 2018, 00:03 AM

This is exactly why people are wondering whether the mistake is in the patch itself or in patch notes.

Well the actual bugs are obviously unintended by mrsmith or whoever it was at relic who actually put it in the game. The other stuff it's just stuff getting lost in translation i'd imagine. Everyone in the balance team actually thought Valliant Assault cooldown was going up etc

The 3 CP guards thing was removed a long time ago and that the UI didnt get updated is pretty reflective of it
18 May 2018, 01:39 AM

I'd like to add something if this hasn't been discovered already. In their original notes from one month ago, they stated that medkits would "heal all squads in a radius around the squad that picks up the medkit" (posted here, check "General Changes": https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244965/spring-update-balance-preview-changelog ).

That change was later removed in their final version, but it's still there in the game. I took some video of it here:

M3 Halftrack (USF Mechanized Company): https://youtu.be/-crQgJvZcxo

Sturmpioneers: https://youtu.be/2DU9k7SuGek
18 May 2018, 01:58 AM

Vickers K got an accuracy nerf like bren gun but still 60 muni

remove this thing out (I hate this gun sound) and drop only Bren LMG
18 May 2018, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 22:45 PMCruzz

Recon Company Raid Tactics ability will now last forever, giving all infantry units +7 vision for the rest of the match. Vehicles will lose their capping ability after 45 seconds of being manned, but decrewing and recrewing will give it back again.

For the love of God Relic.... *facepalm*
18 May 2018, 02:32 AM

18 May 2018, 02:52 AM

Give back the Jackson 60 range please.
18 May 2018, 03:35 AM

Not being able to lay demos with any of my engies. Has anyone being able to? maybe buying any upgrades bugs the ability

18 May 2018, 04:40 AM

Not being able to lay demos with any of my engies. Has anyone being able to? maybe buying any upgrades bugs the ability

Hmm after nerfing them to the point they shouldn't exist they decided to take it 1 step further I think...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★