Login

russian armor

AA units performanche in comparison

11 May 2018, 13:41 PM

How i annouced last weekend while the 2v2 tournement that german AA units really weaker than allie AA units...what was not believe by many well known players and coh Forum members....here are a very good Performanche test.

Read this link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/8ii2w8/aa_unit_efficiency_in_an_aa_role_tested/?utm_source=reddit-android

Its not my test...so you cant blame me....like everytime you see tests from me.

Learn the game stats and facts...and dont lie around that german vehicles have the same Performance like allys.

I made this test 2 weeks ago...and many players said i testet with wrong szenarios and other Bulls****.

I could call the names from the guys in the Tournaments chat who didnt believe me that...but...look the two first game and read the chat ...
11 May 2018, 14:25 PM

Learn the game stats and facts...and dont lie around that german vehicles have the same Performance like allys.

These tests show the Ostwind is bad at its AA job, which isn't news. OKW's AA unit (the Flak HT) works just fine.

Saying both Axis factions are bad at AA because the Ostwind is somewhat disingenuous. It'd be like saying UKF is bad at AA based on that Bofors result.
11 May 2018, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 14:25 PMLago

These tests show the Ostwind is bad at its AA job, which isn't news. OKW's AA unit (the Flak HT) works just fine.

Saying both Axis factions are bad at AA because the Ostwind is somewhat disingenuous. It'd be like saying UKF is bad at AA based on that Bofors result.

If u could read the aaht need in avarage 8sec more than a centaur and 11sec more than sov aa.

Thats a huge 50% more time need to destroy planes. How on earth can this be ok?
11 May 2018, 15:03 PM

Well, IL2 and P47 are getting nerfed so this is going to become much less of an issue as they become less meta-y. You also have to consider overall synergy of AA units - OKW is almost always going to have Flak HQ available to chip in AND Axis almost always has several other tanks with Pintle MGs that also chip in with AA damage - so it's not like Axis is hurting for AA. Especially in team games where AA gets magnified with multiple players.

Meanwhile USF having a AAHT in the late game is way more the exception than the rule and Kraut Mower is almost never built except explicitly for AA duties. Could Ostwind be better at AA? Probably - but it's not a big deal.
11 May 2018, 15:09 PM

is there any reason why axis aa have to be stronger than allies?
11 May 2018, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 15:09 PM>ㅅ<
is there any reason why axis aa have to be stronger than allies?

Unless pinplanes and AT planes are going to be nerfed just like P-47 and IL-2, not really.
11 May 2018, 15:27 PM

Quad is simply OP in the AA role, as it should be expected since its AA capabilities where increased by around x30 times.

Generally speaking loiter planes should be redesigned imo, they should suffer "suppression" when under fire while being harder to shoot down.

Their performance then could become more consistent.
11 May 2018, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 15:27 PMVipper
Quad is simply OP in the AA role, as it should be expected since its AA capabilities where increased by around x30 times.

Generally speaking loiter planes should be redesigned imo, they should suffer "suppression" when under fire while being harder to shoot down.

Their performance then could become more consistent.

it might op in the aa role. but it's all he got. other ability is so awful
11 May 2018, 15:51 PM

If u could read the aaht need in avarage 8sec more than a centaur and 11sec more than sov aa.

Thats a huge 50% more time need to destroy planes. How on earth can this be ok?

Given how AA works the variance in these tests is very high. I wouldn't rely on them as precise metrics of performance.

If you're comparing faction AA rather than unit AA you also need to remember not to neglect pintle mounts. USF, OST and OKW get a substantial AA boost if they're fielding a few of those.

The Ostwind should do what it says on the tin but beyond that I don't think any faction is lacking in anti-air options.

• SOV gets the best AAHT in a tech they need to tech anyway.
  • OKW gets an AA gun on a tech structure, a good Flak HT, cheap doctrinal minibofors and pintle mounts on the P4, Panther and KT.
  • USF gets a good AAHT and pintle mounted MGs on their Shermans.
  • OST gets the mediocre Ostwind but every tank but the StuG can upgrade to have some AA capability.
  • UKF gets the Centaur.
11 May 2018, 16:08 PM
Donator 22

OKW is fine in the AA category. Only Ostwind needs serious help. It doesn´t matter if Skill Planes are getting nerfed if I go for an Ostwind, I expect that he shuts down planes, just like the centaur does. Ostwind can´t kill infantry so he should at least be good at taking down planes.
Also, Bofors needs its AA fixed asap, right now its just a complete joke, an AA emplacement unable to shoot down planeso_O
That's just for fixes for the next patch. Design wise I actually like Vippers Idea.
11 May 2018, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 15:47 PM>ㅅ<

it might op in the aa role. but it's all he got. other ability is so awful

lel what?

before upgraded it can reeinforce your troops, is cheap, and can be upgraded to the best AA unit ingame, has nice move speed, can supress very well, make seruos dmg vs light tanks (it cann win vs AA ht from okw)....did u played with this unit in the last month?
11 May 2018, 17:36 PM

While not ideal most axis tanks also get pintles which do contribute a bit. The quad is fine being the best at AA because its literally the only option except pintles on the isu/is-2 (260/230 fuel) you cant have passive AA as the soviet like you can for other factions (except the brits) and its in a very squishy package at that.
11 May 2018, 22:34 PM

How i annouced last weekend while the 2v2 tournement that german AA units really weaker than allie AA units...what was not believe by many well known players and coh Forum members....here are a very good Performanche test.

Read this link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/8ii2w8/aa_unit_efficiency_in_an_aa_role_tested/?utm_source=reddit-android

Its not my test...so you cant blame me....like everytime you see tests from me.

I made this test 2 weeks ago...and many players said i testet with wrong szenarios and other Bulls****.

I could call the names from the guys in the Tournaments chat who didnt believe me that...but...look the two first game and read the chat ...
y

Bofors wont shoot down a single plane and you have to micro it to get it to attack units why its spinning in circles, also happens to be the best AA craft gun in the war
11 May 2018, 23:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just make all AA units insta gib planes. except for schwer HQ and bofors. They both need a buff, but not insta gib levels.
11 May 2018, 23:17 PM

Just make all AA units insta gib planes. except for schwer HQ and bofors. They both need a buff, but not insta gib levels.

Centuar preforms pretty well ostwind should preform about the same so should usf aa and okw flackwagon and bofors, hq flaktruck is free like most okws shit and should not preform as well
11 May 2018, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 23:17 PMRocket

Centuar preforms pretty well ostwind should preform about the same so should usf aa and okw flackwagon and bofors, hq flaktruck is free like most okws shit and should not preform as well

Free squads perfrom pretttttttty well for free too.
11 May 2018, 23:21 PM

Bofors is expensive cost fuel and cant move is why and centuar and ostwind are more expensive with decent armor but thats why flak wagon and usf aa should preform just as well as they are easier to kill and just having AA is one thing to where all factions have to be equally effective at
11 May 2018, 23:24 PM

Free squads perfrom pretttttttty well for free too.
really lieut and captain dont even start you know how fuked isf tech is many times no one even wants the fackin capt or lieut because of the mp bleed reinforcing them and i just dont want them if im planning on 50 cals pathfinders airborne rangers or other units
11 May 2018, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 23:24 PMRocket
really lieut and captain dont even start you know how fuked isf tech is many times no one even wants the fackin capt or lieut because of the mp bleed reinforcing them and i just dont want them if im planning on 50 cals pathfinders airborne rangers or other units

Grammar please.
11 May 2018, 23:30 PM

Grammar please.

Yeah cause im right
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak