Login

russian armor

different approach to delaying Luch timing

2 May 2018, 05:45 AM

instead of having an lengthened build time on the luch, the luch can be locked behind the building's repair pioneer upgrade.

this would increase the tech cost of unlocking the luch as well as delaying its build time without hampering the unit itself.
2 May 2018, 06:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

the goal of new patch is to decrease the build time.

That would also mean a indirect cost increase, which is very questionable.
2 May 2018, 06:41 AM

So like 60 seconds for the research and 60 for the tank?

Yeah that seems reasonable.
2 May 2018, 14:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'd rather them attack the reasons its so potent. Either tone down the vehicle, which is questionable currently, or make allied AT guns more accessible for USF and give UKF snares. Soveiets have had the easier time vs the luchs with cons being meta and with that often t2 coming out.
2 May 2018, 15:11 PM

I'd rather them attack the reasons its so potent. Either tone down the vehicle, which is questionable currently, or make allied AT guns more accessible for USF and give UKF snares. Soveiets have had the easier time vs the luchs with cons being meta and with that often t2 coming out.

I think the problem is that the Luches *has* to be fairly potent since OKW generally has to forgo healing in order to go Mechanized. If the payoff for getting a Luches isn't big enough then most players aren't going to be willing to have to use Medkits or delaying medium armor in order to backtech to medics in order to build the Luches.
4 May 2018, 04:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2018, 06:10 AMd0ggY
the goal of new patch is to decrease the build time.

That would also mean a indirect cost increase, which is very questionable.

from decemeber 19th path:

Panzer II ‘Luchs’
The Luchs is being delayed in its timing while its accuracy against vehicles has been greatly lowered. Previously, the Panzer II could not miss the smallest of light vehicles, even while on the move.

Build time increased from 40 seconds to 85 seconds
Moving scatter from 1.25 to 2
Accuracy multiplier vs vehicles from 1 to 0.0625; 0.65/0.5/0.4 to 0.040625/0.03125/0.025 against vehicles

note that it is actually 75 in game, but it is still higher than the t70's 40 seconds build time.

They tried to lower it again in the preview, to 60 seconds:

Panzer II Luchs
The Luchs is having its build time reduced to give the unit more shock value upon arrival and to increase its window of opportunity.
• Build time reduced from 75 to 60

but this is still a poor compromise.

So like 60 seconds for the research and 60 for the tank?

Yeah that seems reasonable.

the old build time was 40 seconds, same as the t70 currently. The repair pioneer upgrade take 25 seconds to build.

If we revert the panzer 2 build time to 40 seconds, but lock it behind the repair pioneer upgrade, that's 65 seconds.

You delay the panzer 2 without having to penalize the 2nd, 3rd panzer 2.
4 May 2018, 06:56 AM

the old build time was 40 seconds, same as the t70 currently. The repair pioneer upgrade take 25 seconds to build.

If we revert the panzer 2 build time to 40 seconds, but lock it behind the repair pioneer upgrade, that's 65 seconds.

You delay the panzer 2 without having to penalize the 2nd, 3rd panzer 2.

It's not that simple since the repair pioneers also cost fuel (15 I think?) so you're delaying the luchs even further.

Assume you have enough fuel at moment t0 (after the mech HQ is already built since you're unlikely to have the HQ ready and enough fuel for the luchs at the same time) to get a luchs, but now you need to research repair first. That sets you back 15 fuel which, in order to get back within the 25 seconds it takes for the upgrade to complete would require you to have a fuel income of 36 f/min, which is completely unrealistic. Assuming a more realistic 20 f/min income, you'd need 45 seconds to get 15 fuel back. So in actual fact you need 45 + 40 = 85 seconds to get the luchs in this scenario.
4 May 2018, 07:02 AM

in which case bring luchs a big impact, so it must nerfed? you should have easily AT at the moment it arrives the field. Or even a light tank to deal with it.
It comes now so late that it need very huge babysitting to be effective..
4 May 2018, 07:04 AM

Is it that good though? I've seen replays of top players that dared to go Luchs and it doesn't seem to be that potent tbh, except maybe vs UKF, but even then, it seems to take forever to kill anything if you sit at max range with it.
4 May 2018, 09:47 AM

Is it that good though? I've seen replays of top players that dared to go Luchs and it doesn't seem to be that potent tbh, except maybe vs UKF, but even then, it seems to take forever to kill anything if you sit at max range with it.

why keep at max range vs brits?

The best way to murder their infantry or AT sniper is driving up close. No snares boi
4 May 2018, 09:47 AM

Luch uses a very weird mechanism. It has some of the lowest modifier vs heavy cover but use the point blank mechanism.

There is little reason for this complicated mechanism and the guns of 222, Luch and Centaur should all use the same mechanisms simplifying things.

Their DPS can be balanced according to their time and cost.
4 May 2018, 10:14 AM

in which case bring luchs a big impact, so it must nerfed? you should have easily AT at the moment it arrives the field. Or even a light tank to deal with it.
It comes now so late that it need very huge babysitting to be effective..

Where were you oh wise one when People complained about allied lights arriving too early?

Oh right, you were leading that crowd, while all you had to do was to get AT as you always could easily get AT at the moment it arrived on field. Yet it did not stop you nor the nerf, did't it?
4 May 2018, 11:09 AM

Where were you oh wise one when People complained about allied lights arriving too early?

Oh right, you were leading that crowd, while all you had to do was to get AT as you always could easily get AT at the moment it arrived on field. Yet it did not stop you nor the nerf, did't it?

I don´t speak Nintendo.
4 May 2018, 15:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

What vipper said. Its garbage vs cover, but also uses the point blank mechanism which makes it insane vs brits. Problem vs brits though is that the AEC arrives sooner than the luchs (no joke) given equal territory. The overall DPS is decent for price, but you need to catch squads AFK or on retreat for wipes. Personally its just not worth it to me, but I was never much of a light vehicle player anyways.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment