Login

russian armor

COH 3 CONFRIMED?!

11 May 2018, 20:08 PM

So i cant see any reason why anyone is against any italian theater?

Because the italian army was utter crap (they lost against GREECE!!!!). They couldn't even capture a tiny island in front of their coast.
If you wanted to to balance an italian army(or french), you'd have to nerf all other factions beyond recognition or buff the Italians to ridiculous levels.
11 May 2018, 20:28 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Because the italian army was utter crap (they lost against GREECE!!!!). They couldn't even capture a tiny island in front of their coast.
If you wanted to to balance an italian army(or french), you'd have to nerf all other factions beyond recognition or buff the Italians to ridiculous levels.

:megusta: Germany has lost the war. Since 1944 they havent launch any successful large scale offensive against the allies or soviets. So lets buff germans? Is that your hole point?
The reasons why the italian army hadnt launched any successful offensive (or achieved a strategic victory) is far beyond the simulation and/or calculation level of CoH.

Guys. That is a video game.
I dont understand why u are so focused on this common places (italy was a crap army that had no weapons that could be used for CoH).
There is no gameplay based reason against those kind of a faction.
11 May 2018, 20:41 PM

:megusta: Germany has lost the war. Since 1944 they havent launch any successful large scale offensive against the allies or soviets. So lets buff germans? Is that your hole point?
The reasons why the italian army hadnt launched any successful offensive (or achieved a strategic victory) is far beyond the simulation and/or calculation level of CoH.

Guys. That is a video game.
I dont understand why u are so focused on this common places (italy was a crap army that had no weapons that could be used for CoH).

I don't really understand what you want to acheive with the Italian and French. It is far better to build a concept around 3 core army (USF/GER/SOV) and add through doctrines or commanders some of the French or Italian composents.
I don't include UKF since it has been a failure for twice, let's leave them alone.
11 May 2018, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fun and selling point. People are more excited about playing with big/iconic toys rather than "low tier" non medium/heavy vehicle based armies or early war tools. Combined that with limited human resources/capital and risk analysis and you have your reasons.

I'm not against implementing any type of new content or faction, if it's in the right contest (say you implement Japs vs USF but that's a fix match up on specific maps) but Relic probably has a chart on which they have gauge interest of what people might prefer, and i bet "lesser" countries doesn't have enough public in order to invest time and money on them.

"Why this mega corporation working on a niche genre, doesn't produce an even more niche faction/theme based game?"

But i see why Relic wont try such a scenario.
11 May 2018, 23:55 PM

So because Italy had no super heavy tank like the Maus they are not suitable for a competitive rts game?
Jeah. That is great. Eliminate a interesting faction because they havent build a 40+ metric ton tank.

You are over exaggerating, nobody said u need tank like maus to be suitable for coh3, so no need for making things up to prove your point.
Also @Esxile u should add ukf, they have so much stuff to make a good faction, even more so than usf.
14 May 2018, 17:56 PM

This is a game man and you seriousy lack of creativy. French, italian, partisans... there are many ways of putting them into game with new mechanics, or simply with new "War decisions" (think of them as doctrines or commanders).

Allies could rely on partisans, french or canadian support. Axis with japs, italians, cossacks... I don´t know, there are plenty of ways to make this game more fun and diverse. You will never ever get a WW2 simulator, even COH1 nor COH2 are such a thing.

I would love if they incorporate air and sea units. Just imagine if you could produce Stukas or Spifires, u-boots or whatever other ships.

COH3 definetly should not be the same as COH1 or COH2 because nobody will play it. It must go to a hole new level of strategy and unit production.
14 May 2018, 18:25 PM

This is a game man and you seriousy lack of creativy. French, italian, partisans... there are many ways of putting them into game with new mechanics, or simply with new "War decisions" (think of them as doctrines or commanders).

Allies could rely on partisans, french or canadian support. Axis with japs, italians, cossacks... I don´t know, there are plenty of ways to make this game more fun and diverse. You will never ever get a WW2 simulator, even COH1 nor COH2 are such a thing.

I would love if they incorporate air and sea units. Just imagine if you could produce Stukas or Spifires, u-boots or whatever other ships.

COH3 definetly should not be the same as COH1 or COH2 because nobody will play it. It must go to a hole new level of strategy and unit production.

Ships uboots planes its too much, maps are too small for this
in your opinion coh should be more like sudden strike
different scales different design different game
if u ask me coh 3 should be updateted coh 2 with better balance and better optimization
and i will be happy
14 May 2018, 20:32 PM

The RTS genre seems so small now compared to what it use to be which is why Relic is reticent to release another COH. I think they need to not throw out the baby with the bathwater like they did with DOW3 which became a mediocre MOBA. Here's what I think they should definitel have.

1) Have a great SP campaign with a relatable protagonist ... which means Western Allies (Pacfic, Italy, or North African Fronts would all be fine). I think this is what sells the most copies anyways.

2) Add a MOBA or Arena-type game mode on TOP of that with fun prizes for online play. COH2 finally has a decent reward system years after the fact so just keep that. Don't make the whole game based around a shitty MOBA system like DOW3. Keep it an RTS with an optional moba mode.

3) For god's sake, optimize the game and don't get cute with features. The game runs like mud because they added stuff like blizzard-tech or whatever it was called. Just make the game responsive with a simple code-base.

All the stuff people suggested is fine, but don't throw away all the RTS elements like DOW3 and alienate the core fanbase while failing to get new players.

Personally, I really liked Tales of Valor's campaign with direct control of tanks. They should have a co-op or MOBA mode that builds on that. Maybe expand upon ardennes assault campaign too.

14 May 2018, 21:02 PM

I like the idea of intel bulletins giving much better bonusses but changing like every 2-4 weeks, offering players to really shape different armies and tactics but only for a limited period at a time. It would keep the meta very diverse.
16 May 2018, 21:18 PM

CoH3 should be a good mix from CoH1 and CoH2.

I would like to see a mix from US from CoH1/2, Soviets again and better design, Brits again moveable and more dependant on Officers and a mix from CoH2.
Ostheer a mix from CoH1/2
OKW and PanzerElite drawn together with SdKfz221 securing, Vampire, 88s etc.

And please real doctrines (maybe with 16 slots like BK Mod from CoH1) but not those commanders that are not well rounded.

Full modable and better optimization and i would buy it instantly
17 May 2018, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2018, 20:41 PMEsxile

I don't really understand what you want to acheive with the Italian and French. It is far better to build a concept around 3 core army (USF/GER/SOV) and add through doctrines or commanders some of the French or Italian composents.
I don't include UKF since it has been a failure for twice, let's leave them alone.

Exactly what Normandy Steel Division 1944 did.
Except it was USA/UKF/GER. They added Polish, Scots, Canadian, and French after :)
17 May 2018, 18:22 PM

Exactly what Normandy Steel Division 1944 did.
Except it was USA/UKF/GER. They added Polish, Scots, Canadian, and French after :)

Yeah, and Polish, Scottish and Canadian divisions still all use the exact same USA/British units, only infantry is called differently.
17 May 2018, 20:53 PM

That how it was. Or do you want a polish 7TP tank?
17 May 2018, 20:55 PM

I've misread previous posts, that kind of solution I am all for, in fact, from what relic said, it was how CoH2 was supposed to be.
18 May 2018, 01:06 AM

What's that game in the background of Mr. Tiong's page?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS