Login

russian armor

OP Pershing autowipe machine

23 Apr 2018, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 13:20 PMTric

Then what is the reasoning behind the command pv4? or command panther? or the puma for ost?

All call ins should be tied to tech, the only arguable one imo would be the tiger ace as it fucks up your resource income the rest of the game.

Command panther and Pz4 aren't limited to one? Ostheer Puma is probably the exception confirming the rule :D
23 Apr 2018, 14:08 PM

While I do admit that Pershing is good at wiping squads it's also pretty vulnerable to it's hard counters since it only has 800 health. You can get 2X StuGs for less fuel than the Pershing itself and they'll go to town on it - not to mention you can't double tap anymore so it's not even OP in that manner anymore. Heavy Calv's lack of a good offmap also makes the commander pretty vulnerable to turtle-y playstyles since you'll have to rely on the sad 60 range mortar or Scott's to dislodge support weapon walls so it comes at a cost.
23 Apr 2018, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 12:30 PMTric
To be fair, although it is not "meta" it has recently won games in SMC that the people who won, had no business winning.

Like every other call-in in the game, I firmly believe it should be tied to tech.

Most call-ins that were recently tied to tech are now dead: OKW Ostwind, KV-8, M4C Sherman, M10, Hetzer (was never used anyway). Maybe heavies can be tied to tech because it's pretty clear they belong in the final tier, but most regular call-ins usually sit between tiers (e.g. OKW Ostwing was somewhere between Mech/Battlegroup and Schwerer HQ in terms of power level) and their "tier rating" was rounded up, where better things already existed.
23 Apr 2018, 15:06 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

It's called Relic's scope, and not the fault of the balance team ^^
No offense to Luciano, and maybe siddolio? (idk if he's offically on the team) but probably at least 50% of the community says half the changes in the patch are just throwing eggs at all wall seeing if someone will eat them. But the balance team does encourage what is changed and what is not. So in long story short, I blame everyone :D

But I am insane, insane about having a balanced multiplayer environment in this game CoH2

If you really want assistance on how to beat this unit, we'd like to see some more stats preferably. Playercard maybe, what are you using vs it, maps etc. There's far to many factors in this game we can't calculate without being given information.
23 Apr 2018, 16:18 PM

It is getting nerfed, its pop cap is going to increase to 19.
23 Apr 2018, 16:56 PM
Patrion 26

They could balance this by only making the Pershing accessible via one commander and making US armour so micro intensive that hardly anyone will want to play as the US....oh, wait.
23 Apr 2018, 23:56 PM

24 Apr 2018, 00:27 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I will just leave it here.

https://youtu.be/2SE-6vROjrA?t=8

Look! a no vet Pershing lost to a vet 5 puma, after the pershing was mis-positioined and unsupported vs a puma that has abilites to counter and win an engagement such as this. Especially since the Pershing was so far forward it shot the green cover and did no damage allowing for an extra shot up from the puma to begin with. And on top of this Elite Armor is being used which is 50% damage increase on the shells for like 20 seconds.

But yes, this 4v4 game of where most players are complete potato's should be the be all end of all of discussions for the most competitive and tournament active mode of 1v1s
24 Apr 2018, 00:35 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 13:55 PMEsxile

Command panther and Pz4 aren't limited to one? Ostheer Puma is probably the exception confirming the rule :D

Mobile defense is literally only used because of its call-ins. It is the only thing that makes it strong.

And limiting them command variants to one is because of their auras. Lendlease wasn't limited to one, kv1s weren't limited, ect;

If anything the rule would be heavies and aura units, in that case the puma should be tied to tech. As right now it seems completely arbitrary.

And the point still stands that not waiting for the unit to build and instantly having it hit the field at a certain resource threshold will make really unfortunate engagement timings late game and can completely win games for people. Which has happened twice just the last two weeks alone. Obviously if the units are tied to tech they should have their costs lowered to reflect the cost to tech to them, but I'm not sure that really fixes the issues with heavies either being ultra effective or completely worthless.
24 Apr 2018, 06:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 00:35 AMTric

If anything the rule would be heavies and aura units, in that case the puma should be tied to tech. As right now it seems completely arbitrary.

And where would you put the puma then? Judging by what happened to various call-ins that got tied to tech it would probably go into the Support Armor Korps and never be used again.
24 Apr 2018, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 00:35 AMTric

As right now it seems completely arbitrary.

Yes it is and it is not that bad. Sometime human decision is what make it more balance.
24 Apr 2018, 13:03 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

And where would you put the puma then? Judging by what happened to various call-ins that got tied to tech it would probably go into the Support Armor Korps and never be used again.

Depends on the cost. If you made it cost something more than 30 fuel it could easily go into tier 2.

But the problem is it would need testing, would that be to much AT? Would there be a reason to ever tech out of tier 2? (much like there isn't right now with mobile defense) Do we want to address this?

I'm fine with having multiple builds with different timings and windows of opportunity. What I am not fine with is someone losing their first light vehicle and immediately locking in mobile defense calling in a panic puma and swinging the game back in their favor instantly because they weren't prepared/overextended and where were properly punished.

But nothing really matters as this is something else than what this horrible thread title and op suggests "that the pershing is an autowipe machine". So sorry for derailing.
24 Apr 2018, 13:05 PM

who need tech when you can callin the pershing without teching and need only your mainline superior infantery and can safe all fuel for 2 or 3 perhsing if you failed to move them...?
24 Apr 2018, 13:40 PM

who need tech when you can callin the pershing without teching and need only your mainline superior infantery and can safe all fuel for 2 or 3 perhsing if you failed to move them...?

For the same reason Ostheer can't stay at T2 and stall for the Tiger. Your opponent will get their medium armor out and roll over you. If you're floating three Pershings worth of fuel then your opponent's likely been able to field two Pershings worth of tanks. That doesn't end well for the Pershing when you finally call it in.
24 Apr 2018, 14:44 PM

You do realize that making pershing require tech = making tiger require tech?
Watch what you wish for, you might get it.

And we've been over your amazing strat of "4 grens into tiger" already in bren thread, learn to use other units between grens and tiger or you'll never win even against AI.
25 Apr 2018, 06:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 14:44 PMKatitof

You do realize that making pershing require tech = making tiger require tech?
Watch what you wish for, you might get it.

And we've been over your amazing strat of "4 grens into tiger" already in bren thread, learn to use other units between grens and tiger or you'll never win even against AI.

you should learn to inform yourself before you suspect something and make multiple mistakes based on false knowledge. I have my twitch channel in my signature as a direct link...you could look in there and see that I do NOT play exactly as you describe it. But why bother...to make cheese, right?

If you would find one game where i play like you described...i will delete my acc here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★