Login

russian armor

Does December patch only affect multiplayer?

13 Apr 2018, 03:06 AM

I'm a relatively new player and have only recently felt good enough to try multiplayer (i now always beat expert) but reading about the changes that were made in December they don't seem to have changed single player, i kind of want to practice the game in its current state before playing other people. Did the patch only affect multiplayer or is there a bug on my end? If so how would i fix that, i asked this on steam and didn't get any good answers
-Thanks
13 Apr 2018, 09:13 AM

All patches effect all games modes but not campaigns.
13 Apr 2018, 09:16 AM

The game in single player mode has not been updated (besides bug fixes) since release.

So the units behave like they did in multiplayer 4 years ago.
13 Apr 2018, 09:33 AM

The game in single player mode has not been updated (besides bug fixes) since release.

So the units behave like they did in multiplayer 4 years ago.

Just to be clear, do you mean campaign or skirmish vs AI? Because I'm pretty sure the changes apply to the AI battles too, but not the campaign.
13 Apr 2018, 09:35 AM

Just to be clear, do you mean campaign or skirmish vs AI? Because I'm pretty sure the changes apply to the AI battles too, but not the campaign.

Yes, sorry I was probably a bit unclear here.
Singleplayer means for me the campaign and Theatre of War.

Skirmish itself is the exact same things like the "multiplayer".
13 Apr 2018, 09:40 AM

If it is scripted game, balance patches do not apply.
13 Apr 2018, 16:38 PM

yea sorry let me be clear I meant the skirmishes vs the AI. i just don't see any of the changes that they said they were going to make in my single player. ie my British trenches still cost 50 mp. do i have to download the patch separately? if so how do i do that?
13 Apr 2018, 16:45 PM

yea sorry let me be clear I meant the skirmishes vs the AI. i just don't see any of the changes that they said they were going to make in my single player. ie my British trenches still cost 50 mp. do i have to download the patch separately? if so how do i do that?

You simply do not have the patch downloaded.
13 Apr 2018, 16:58 PM
Donator 11

Make sure you run steam in online mode and that you have updates turned on in steam. Turn off all the mods in skirmish settings as well, as you might be playing with some old version of ballance preview.
14 Apr 2018, 14:56 PM

Make sure you run steam in online mode and that you have updates turned on in steam. Turn off all the mods in skirmish settings as well, as you might be playing with some old version of ballance preview.

My Steam is online and all my other games update, just today Verdun updated, is there a place to manually update Coh2?
14 Apr 2018, 15:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

My Steam is online and all my other games update, just today Verdun updated, is there a place to manually update Coh2?

Find CoH2 in your library -> Mouse 2 -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game files.

That will update your game should it not be updated.
16 Apr 2018, 09:59 AM

Just another question I got right now.

Is there any possible way to play the game as it was released in 2013? Like with the OP mortars and stuff?
I even have the Original DVD here at home :D
16 Apr 2018, 10:04 AM

Is there any possible way to play the game as it was released in 2013? Like with the OP mortars and stuff?

Vanila install disc with pc that is not plugged to Internet or make your own balance mod.
16 Apr 2018, 14:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wait a second...i have an idea. What if get non-patched CoH 2 and make mod for it with WFA factions and current balance? If i remember it correctly, on release CoH 2 have:
UI with more effects,
Non-bugged infantry moving animation.
Different bulletin system
Modding without restrictions (!!!)
A lot of more minor differences, which were forgotten
16 Apr 2018, 14:42 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Last patch before briten came. There the game was balanced. :)

Verify your steam files; It should help.

If not, install the game new?!
16 Apr 2018, 14:44 PM

Last patch before briten came. There the game was balanced. :)

For me, its the few weeks before WFA was released. Everything felt perfectly fine in the main game, and everything felt so perfectly fucked up but fun in the WFA beta. Until someone discovered the potentials of volksblob..
22 Apr 2018, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

@OP Do you play the game on windows? Linux and mac receive updates with a delay. There is also pretty much nobody to play multiplayer with there as windows has separate search queues becouse of some implementation problems. Still, the multiplayer works for playing with friends who use similar platform.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight