Login

russian armor

Infantry partisans buff?

7 Apr 2018, 02:13 AM

Seeing as grenade has a cd now starting when a unit is called, it essentially removes the grenade from smg partisans.

While this makes some sense for other units, for infantry partisans which essentially have no use value outside of initial call in I think they deserve some compensation such as a cost decrease

Thoughts?
7 Apr 2018, 03:06 AM

i would rather an ambush buff like commandos would be ideal imo. less cheesy no reaction shit but more rewards for proper usage...
7 Apr 2018, 09:49 AM

played properly they do what they did in the past => ambush. pop em somewhere to decap something, mine, hide and wait for anything to recap nade and wipe
7 Apr 2018, 10:15 AM

Partisans are extremely cost efficient units since the do not pay a premium for m being able to infiltrate.
7 Apr 2018, 12:26 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2018, 10:15 AMVipper
Partisans are extremely cost efficient units since the do not pay a premium for m being able to infiltrate.

Partisans are everything but cost effective. They are sometimes worth their initial cost, but they are never worth their reinforcement cost. That is exactly becouse they pay no premium for infiltration. They should pay the premium, but their initial cost should be lower, so that they are cheaper to reinforce.

So why do I think they are not worth their 210 mp when not infiltrating? That is becouse they are the only 4 men close range squad in the game apart from pios who have much more utility. That basically means they cant be used effectively in combat becouse they die too quickly. They also dont have the OP granades or dps of commandos to be really useful in ambush. Nor they can plant demos. They also don't have the vet0 RAcc bonus, other combat 4 men squads get. In effect, the only thing they are really useful for after initiall callin is building mines behind the lines, which you can also do with more cost effective and universal squad of combat engineers.

If you have ever played or seen somebody play partisan commander then they get non-AT partisans very rarely or they sacrifice squads once they have too many of them, just becouse these squads couse way too much bleed in the long run. Merge sadly doesn't work in this case either as conscript models make the unit even weaker than before.

If I was to buff partisans I would change their base cost to 180 (which gives 22,5 reinforcement cost like for example mg42) and I would add either 30 or 60 of infiltration cost, depending on ballance tests and the need of standarisation. I would also think of giving them some small vet 0 RAcc bonus.

If I was to get fancy and add something unique to them, I would let them merge into other squads as well. They would be more expensive than cons, but could actually improve the squad they merge into. That would be also a cheaper way of sacrificing squads if you happen to get too many of them by infiltration.
7 Apr 2018, 14:52 PM

they should work the same way as infilration commandos, and the partisans are basically the soviet commandos (technically commandos arrive in the game the last..)

you should be able to reinforce partisan up to 6 men, and they should get the same cloak as the commandos.
7 Apr 2018, 15:00 PM

i think partisans are good just their vetarency could get a buff as lategame they get useless
7 Apr 2018, 15:01 PM

i think partisans are good just their vetarency could get a buff as lategame they get useless
just give them reduced reiforce cost at vet 2
7 Apr 2018, 15:07 PM

Partisans are everything but cost effective. They are sometimes worth their initial cost, but they are never worth their reinforcement cost. That is exactly becouse they pay no premium for infiltration. They should pay the premium, but their initial cost should be lower, so that they are cheaper to reinforce.

So why do I think they are not worth their 210 mp when not infiltrating? That is becouse they are the only 4 men close range squad in the game apart from pios who have much more utility. That basically means they cant be used effectively in combat becouse they die too quickly. They also dont have the OP granades or dps of commandos to be really useful in ambush. Nor they can plant demos. They also don't have the vet0 RAcc bonus, other combat 4 men squads get. In effect, the only thing they are really useful for after initiall callin is building mines behind the lines, which you can also do with more cost effective and universal squad of combat engineers.

If you have ever played or seen somebody play partisan commander then they get non-AT partisans very rarely or they sacrifice squads once they have too many of them, just becouse these squads couse way too much bleed in the long run. Merge sadly doesn't work in this case either as conscript models make the unit even weaker than before.

If I was to buff partisans I would change their base cost to 180 (which gives 22,5 reinforcement cost like for example mg42) and I would add either 30 or 60 of infiltration cost, depending on ballance tests and the need of standarisation. I would also think of giving them some small vet 0 RAcc bonus.

If I was to get fancy and add something unique to them, I would let them merge into other squads as well. They would be more expensive than cons, but could actually improve the squad they merge into. That would be also a cheaper way of sacrificing squads if you happen to get too many of them by infiltration.

this, i think a lot of people haven't used partisans for sometime, without grenade the smg partisan really is quite low damage and expensive for their price. I don't think partisans should be strong like commandos, just that they should be able to use grenade upon infiltration or cost less either to call in or reinforce otherwise.
7 Apr 2018, 15:07 PM

just give them reduced reiforce cost at vet 2

nah that would make them spamable maybe? idk. giving them more damage from close range would make up for it or more hp as they have to close the gap.
7 Apr 2018, 18:00 PM

nah that would make them spamable maybe? idk. giving them more damage from close range would make up for it or more hp as they have to close the gap.

They are extremely squishy and must engage in CQC, they have no singular trait that would make any decent player want to spam them, they are considerably weaker then cons and scale much, much worse.

However if the issue is with their scalability, I would also go with vet change that would give them a tad more oomph as given their base stats, 4 men and 1 RA modifier, well, vet similar to that of RET, with 5th man at vet3 could be useful as partisans are one squad in game I do not even attempt to keep alife, for ninja capping one man is enough and 4 is not enough for actual combat in later game, you do not need them late game against MGs and they are unable to engage anything else.
8 Apr 2018, 00:23 AM

They are extremely squishy and must engage in CQC, they have no singular trait that would make any decent player want to spam them, they are considerably weaker then cons and scale much, much worse.

However if the issue is with their scalability, I would also go with vet change that would give them a tad more oomph as given their base stats, 4 men and 1 RA modifier, well, vet similar to that of RET, with 5th man at vet3 could be useful as partisans are one squad in game I do not even attempt to keep alife, for ninja capping one man is enough and 4 is not enough for actual combat in later game, you do not need them late game against MGs and they are unable to engage anything else.

i like that idea of RE style vet, additionally something like increased decap speed would be pretty sweet or quicker planting mines/flares with vet 1 (also that to bloody "combat" "engineers")
8 Apr 2018, 00:56 AM

just give them larger reinforcable squad size and commandos cloak.

the infiltration commandos is a pretty good example on how to limit the strength of the ambush deployment without crippling the squad itself.
8 Apr 2018, 18:38 PM

just give cons the ability to reinforce them, they are the only squad they can't reinforce, so they can't be spammed and need to combine cons too to make them cost effective
8 Apr 2018, 19:31 PM

So why do I think they are not worth their 210 mp when not infiltrating? That is becouse they are the only 4 men close range squad in the game apart from pios who have much more utility...

Partisan have available to them camo, mines, molotovs, elite grenades (similar to Guards) and their weapon are superior to pioneers.

They can be used to jump on support weapon and even steal them, can be used to mine, to wire, ambush with grenades and scout whiled cloaked. I am not sure what else one would expect from 210 cost unit.

If one to redesign them one should also change their cost.
8 Apr 2018, 20:40 PM

They need to remove the whole building spawn thingy. Then just make them specialized troops. The doctrines are pretty trash though.
8 Apr 2018, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2018, 19:31 PMVipper

Partisan have available to them camo, mines, molotovs, elite grenades (similar to Guards) and their weapon are superior to pioneers.

They can be used to jump on support weapon and even steal them, can be used to mine, to wire, ambush with grenades and scout whiled cloaked. I am not sure what else one would expect from 210 cost unit.

having weapons superior to builder units are hardy something to brag about.

and all those ability were a result of fails attempt to make them a proper unit.

8 Apr 2018, 22:15 PM

having weapons superior to builder units are hardy something to brag about.

and all those ability were a result of fails attempt to make them a proper unit.

Yeah, that "superior 0.02 DPS" at close range is going to make a WORLD of difference.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2018, 19:31 PMVipper

Partisan have available to them camo,

With no ability to move across the cover and no first strike bonus.

mines,

So do CEs, how's that going to help?

molotovs,

Requires upgrade and unless behind weapon crew, they'll be murdered before they can throw it.

elite grenades (similar to Guards)

Which is on cooldown during the most important moment when you want partisans in.

and their weapon are superior to pioneers.

By a staggering 0.02 DPS.

They can be used to jump on support weapon and even steal them,

You'd have to be completely blind or use half dead weapon crew to lose it to single partisan squad without nade and since nade starts off on cooldown...

can be used to mine, to wire, ambush with grenades and scout whiled cloaked. I am not sure what else one would expect from 210 cost unit.

To be good at the singular job they have perhaps.
Its the only squad which is pointless to keep alife, because you are not going to get return on that investment, unless you managed to get it on initial call-in.

Nothing against it.
210 is expensive enough to not spam them anyway and they already come with plethora of disadvantages, being 4 man squad with no RA bonuses, fighting against weapons designed to mow down 6 man squads being the most prominent of them all.

Literally the only reason to ever get partisans is to use soviet infiltration squad and only because this is the only one. There is a reason why no one ever uses them and only worst of players are losing to them after the "buffs".
8 Apr 2018, 22:53 PM

Which is on cooldown during the most important moment when you want partisans in.

As the majority of infiltration unit with exception of JLIR that only have doctrinal grenades and are also on CD.

By a staggering 0.02 DPS.

Once again you simply wrong

At range 10 partisan have 7.6 DPS at the same range pios have 4, that is almost half.

With no ability to move across the cover and no first strike bonus.

Again you are mistaken they camo allow them to move without decloaking. Pathfinder and JILR also have no first strike bonus.

210 is expensive enough to not spam them anyway and they already come with plethora of disadvantages, being 4 man squad with no RA bonuses, fighting against weapons designed to mow down 6 man squads being the most prominent of them all.

There is a number of 4 men squad with Target size 1 like pio, CE, Re. In addition partisan get 0.83 at vet 2. Finally they have camo and hold fire for reason, which none of the squad mention above have.

Half your claims are simply factual wrong. Pls stop spreading misinformation.
8 Apr 2018, 23:08 PM

@vipper the other infiltration squads have other fantastic traits to make up for their lack of first strike and to mitigate the nade on cool down.
JLI have long range firepower and omg is that sniper crit handy, same with pathfinder. Also, now i COULD be wrong but dont other squads have lower rec acc (JLI, pathfinders, commandos and stormtroopers)
And finally, allied factions suffer with small squads because axis squads have been balanced to fight larger squads, things like the lmg42 tear up 4 man 1 target size units because its supposed to accel vs 6 man 1 target size units, or 5 man .9 something squads, or brits with their super duper high bleed 5 man .8 target size squads.

Partisans are underwhelming, not neccissarily bad, they function (unlike old partisans who would legit lose to weapon crews) but they are underwhelming.

I think we can all get behind supporting ambushing units to accel at ambushing, even if its at the cost of raw firepower. Theres too many things that have discrepancies in this game (hit the dirt increases range and cooldown(?) On guards but not target size, but on cons it increases target size but makes them less accurate?)
If units are going to get a bonus for attacking from camo all them should simply for the sake of keeping things straight.
Stupid things like all recon revealing camod units except ost's is just confusing for any potential new players
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★