Login

russian armor

Faymonville House

27 Mar 2018, 03:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Can't wire off the houses overlooking the fuel points. Me and my opponent tried to wire off the entrance and its useless. In fact if you wire off the only door, units magically enter through the opposite side which doesn't have a door.
27 Mar 2018, 06:35 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

This has been the case since squad spacing changes were implemented. A ton of houses have this (in face depending on how they are placed on the map grid, all of them might have it), go test and you fill find more issues.

This is the reverse of the squads refusing to enter buildings due to being too spread out, which also happens a lot since the squad spacing changes.
27 Mar 2018, 09:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Can't wire off the houses overlooking the fuel points. Me and my opponent tried to wire off the entrance and its useless. In fact if you wire off the only door, units magically enter through the opposite side which doesn't have a door.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2018, 06:35 AMTric
This has been the case since squad spacing changes were implemented. A ton of houses have this (in face depending on how they are placed on the map grid, all of them might have it), go test and you fill find more issues.

This is the reverse of the squads refusing to enter buildings due to being too spread out, which also happens a lot since the squad spacing changes.

Afaik it was always so since years. If a house has 2 doors, you can wire 1 door and nobody can use the door anymore. But if there is only 1 door, its magic happing :P

So its a feature and not a bug xD
27 Mar 2018, 11:02 AM

You can still stick a mine on the doormat though.
27 Mar 2018, 15:54 PM

Create a barricade of wire in front of the door so that the space is read as "open" to the game, but no one can actually use it.

like so:

Code

|XXX
| X
D X
| X
|XXX

D: Door
|: Wall of building
X: barbed wire
27 Mar 2018, 15:57 PM

Permanently Banned
The thing is Faymonville is extremely annoying since the only has one door which is on the wrong side for the defender. It's annoying as fuck as you need to grab the garrison first to prevent harrassment. Only Ost needs to build T1 first so pios are delayed. Those crucial seconds mean everything. Just because of the stupid house, I usually get ostruppen on this map so I don't need to get T1 and my pios can get there first to wire off the door. Only to my dismay, the stupid delay entering mechanic fucked everything up. Does door wiring work anymore after the delayed entering?
27 Mar 2018, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Does wiretrapping still work? by creating a v-shaped funnel so infantry can get it but not get out?
27 Mar 2018, 16:40 PM

The thing is Faymonville is extremely annoying since the only has one door which is on the wrong side for the defender. It's annoying as fuck as you need to grab the garrison first to prevent harrassment. Only Ost needs to build T1 first so pios are delayed. Those crucial seconds mean everything. Just because of the stupid house, I usually get ostruppen on this map so I don't need to get T1 and my pios can get there first to wire off the door. Only to my dismay, the stupid delay entering mechanic fucked everything up. Does door wiring work anymore after the delayed entering?

Ostheer should have grenadier as starting unit for exactly this reason. 40 manpower could be deducted from their resources.
27 Mar 2018, 17:21 PM

That more or less the purpose of those houses, if your opponent garrison it, you can garrison his... with your HMG42 so nobody get fuel. Or you can rush the fuel with the house giving you advantage, garrison the house, take the fuel.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2018, 16:40 PMVipper

Ostheer should have grenadier as starting unit for exactly this reason. 40 manpower could be deducted from their resources.

Yes let's delay even more Ost T1 \o/
27 Mar 2018, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2018, 17:21 PMEsxile

Yes let's delay even more Ost T1 \o/...

Care to elaborate on what the problem would be in your opinion?

The 20 sec delay in producing a pioneer?
27 Mar 2018, 18:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does wiretrapping still work? by creating a v-shaped funnel so infantry can get it but not get out?

Yes. I always do this on this map when I can because it's guaranteed wipes if they enter the house with the door not facing the camera.
27 Mar 2018, 20:08 PM

Maybe people should actually use barbed wire properly, horizontally, rather than those retarded bits of fence placed at 90 degree angles to doors.

Or does that not work either?
28 Mar 2018, 00:59 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You can still go for left fuel in that case. Ostheer is argueably the strongest faction on faymonville, and this issue, while present is the least of their worries on this map.
28 Mar 2018, 01:21 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Afaik it was always so since years. If a house has 2 doors, you can wire 1 door and nobody can use the door anymore. But if there is only 1 door, its magic happing :P

So its a feature and not a bug xD

It happens with 2 or more door buildings as well. Can show my homework if I must, but maybe I've just noticed it more since squad spacing?
28 Mar 2018, 04:28 AM

Permanently Banned

You can still go for left fuel in that case. Ostheer is argueably the strongest faction on faymonville, and this issue, while present is the least of their worries on this map.

That's what I used to do but then your resources are farther away from your base which makes it harder to defend as the fuel and cutoff are quite far away from each other. I'm not saying its impossible, it's just less than ideal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★