Login

russian armor

no Counter for OKW and Wehrmacht Tank destroyers

26 Mar 2018, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 07:56 AMVipper
PW is a T4 for unit. It has a higher tech cost.

Katy hits the field easier and earlier.

In addition Katy usually has "juicer" targets to hit due to the reliance of Ostheer to support weapons and the OKW trucks.

That makes Katy usually have a bigger impact in game then PW.

PW and Katy are both T4 units and are you really saying to use Katy vs Truck? Soviet and British are also relying on support weapons...

Then I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Katy have bigger impact than PW if you don't build PW. You need to compare both when they are used.
26 Mar 2018, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 09:25 AMEsxile

PW and Katy are both T4 units and are you really saying to use Katy vs Truck? Soviet and British are also relying on support weapons...

You have to debate with katitof you wrote:
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2018, 21:18 PMKatitof

Or maybe its a premium tier with premium cost and units above T4 of literally any other faction with exclusively brits having a rough equivalent in form of hammer/anvil tech side tech....
Sov T4 is not on the same power level as ost T4. Same for USF, OKW is closest thanks to panther alone, but all of OKW tiers are 0,5 more potent then equivalents of other factions.

Then I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Katy have bigger impact than PW if you don't build PW. You need to compare both when they are used.

A unit can be OP yet if it is never used it does not have an impact. In addition a unit arriving faster than other units of the same level has more impact. That is clearly demonstrate by Penals and the with patch that moved Guards and Shock at lower CP.

26 Mar 2018, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 09:36 AMVipper

You have to debate with katitof you wrote:

A unit can be OP yet if it is never used it does not have an impact. In addition a unit arriving faster than other units of the same level has more impact. That is clearly demonstrate by Penals and the with patch that moved Guards and Shock at lower CP.

Both are Tier 4, even if Ostheer's one is premium, one of the point of the last patch was to make Ostheer T4 more accessible, which it is now, you may decide to skip T3 and build T4 for a similar price as the Soviet player.

PWs are largely used and can arrive at the same time as Katy, you just need to skip building your tiers 3. Even the modder team made Soviet T3 mandatory to build T4 to force this equivalence...
26 Mar 2018, 10:18 AM

Sov T4 is not equal to ost T4.
Sov T4 is equal to everyone elses T3, while ost T4 is premium tier.
PW being locked behind it is the "biggest issue" on why people see it as under performing.

PW also used to be in T3 looooong time ago, this is why once you unlock or build it you can hear "rocket artillery unlocked" or something like that.
26 Mar 2018, 10:23 AM

I like when my 2on2 team-mate uses the PW, and it provides great support to get rid of infantry. However at the same time, it saddens me, because if an opponent knows my random OST team-mate went T4 for an early-ish PW, it'll give my opponents free reign with their bloody ally tanks.

It being in T4 is the biggest issue. It should be on T3, but build able after unlocking the last BP.
26 Mar 2018, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 10:18 AMKatitof

Sov T4 is not equal to ost T4.

Never say it was but units are both in their respective T4. If you decide to rush for a PW, you can skip your T3 and then it arrives around the same time the Katy.

I see it as decision making the same way OKW, Soviet or USF need to decide early game what to tech and being locked with it for the 10 first minutes of the game. Even brit tech need decision making with exclusive decisions.
26 Mar 2018, 18:52 PM

Thxfully we have the changelog thread and it's as easy as doing a control + F.

3 changes made it good.

- Soviet rework. The whole dichotomy of only getting 2 tiers, made the vehicle tiers arrive at a certain point which limited lighter ones. Putting M5, T70 and Su76 on same tier, allowed it to arrive at a sensible time.
- 200% buff to suppression. Yeah, it was bad.
- 50% buff to damage.

I remember it would literally hit vet 3 almost immediately and always forced instant retreats of all axis infantry.

Shit was actually insane

It also killed OKW set up trucks in 2 bursts if Im recalling correctly.
26 Mar 2018, 18:58 PM

Typical Katitof: Katy is bad because lack of alpha strike. Werfer is bad because Ost players suck and fire at max range. The hypocrisy oozes out of your ears Katitof. I bet 10 bucks you don't play much Ostheer.

The katy is far better than werfer since you can get decent damage even at max range unlike werfer. You wont get wipes with it too often due to scatter, but the damage is consistent unlike werfer which fires probably only a third or fourth of the rockets. Werfer is ONLY superior to katy when you get an absolute minimum range which is about 45 range away from the target. When you have to be that close to get some real damage off, your risking losing the werfer. Katy can easily get vet 3 by sitting back at max range while for the werfer it's far harder.

If you watched the 2v2 Luvnest + Momo vs Helping Hans + DevM, The PW was absolutely destroying both Allied Indirect Arti and Infantry.

They were facing both Land Mattresses and Katys, in which the PW outdid both of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96
unknown 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment