Login

russian armor

no Counter for OKW and Wehrmacht Tank destroyers

16 Mar 2018, 07:43 AM

Hello

JT and elefant TD are OP units that don't have any counter at late game.

especially when they have support aside them.
when enemy brings them its like GG and the game isn't fun at all because its really unfair.
why Allies don't have an ability to counter them well ??!

just imagine you are playing a 2v2 match and enemy has brought JT and elefant and 2 panthers aside them for support what can you do when map is 50 % 50 % ?? its GG
16 Mar 2018, 07:53 AM

Both JT and Ele got nerfs with latest patch that have brought them in line, they are no longer 2 shotting all med armor and OHK all light armor, but they will still put pressure on you.

Now you actually can assault them without losing anything on approach and kill them if they are overextended or have bad atg cover.

If opponent have brought JT, ele and 2 panthers in a 2v2, then where are the 8-10 medium tanks you and your team mate could afford?
16 Mar 2018, 13:18 PM

Hello

when enemy brings them its like GG and the game isn't fun at all because its really unfair.

just imagine you are playing a 2v2 match and enemy has brought JT and elefant and 2 panthers aside them for support what can you do when map is 50 % 50 % ?? its GG

1. playercard pls

2. in the scenario you describe (50:50) you should have 4 su85 and 4 jacksons.
use them
16 Mar 2018, 13:25 PM

Hello

at this moment your opponent have this verhicles party...you should have at the same time some mediums and TD on field. Bring IL2, guards and penals and own them easily ...
16 Mar 2018, 13:30 PM

I still believe that going full-tank when the opponent is going full-anti tank is a bad idea. Go as ullumulu suggest, go full IL2, AT infantry, or Skillplanes.
16 Mar 2018, 16:21 PM

JT and Ele is all about knowing right time to go all-in. Look for situations when supporting troops are forced back or the other player over extends and then go for it. Just don't charge head on and focus on flanking or using smoke to close the distance.
18 Mar 2018, 10:43 AM

1. playercard pls

2. in the scenario you describe (50:50) you should have 4 su85 and 4 jacksons.
use them

what 4 SU58 and 4 jacksons can do when JT and Elfant can snipe them from Long range ?
what they can do when each of JT and Elefant got 3 Panther aside them to support ?
and what they can do when JT and Elefant Armor is more powerful than King tiger ? at least they can lose 20 % of their hp when they get shot from flank and 50 % of hp when they get shot from behind , don't you think that will be fair ? there should be some kind of effective counter for these Axis late game tank destroyers .
18 Mar 2018, 11:49 AM

what 4 SU58 and 4 jacksons can do when JT and Elfant can snipe them from Long range ?
what they can do when each of JT and Elefant got 3 Panther aside them to support ?
and what they can do when JT and Elefant Armor is more powerful than King tiger ? at least they can lose 20 % of their hp when they get shot from flank and 50 % of hp when they get shot from behind , don't you think that will be fair ? there should be some kind of effective counter for these Axis late game tank destroyers .

If you face this situation, you did something really wrong to come to that point.
18 Mar 2018, 16:42 PM

the counter is art. and at guns and inf, he cant cap cause u art the points and he can't push cause atguns will kill his TD as they can't kill atgun
18 Mar 2018, 18:34 PM

Ram is very useful vs elephants and jagtigers.
18 Mar 2018, 23:35 PM

Whats an axis player supposed to do vs 4 su85 and 4 jacksons? They cant snipe them from long range, they cant flank (totally not over buffed jackon can see them from a mile away)

CERTAIN UNITS COUNTER OTHER UNITS

The WHOLE point of the elefant and JT is TD domination use penals and AT. satchel the hell out of them, use the dirt cheap major arty, use commander abilities use everything you have. Spamming TDs doesnt make up for being bad at tactics. Flank, do everything all at once. Be where the enemy isnt. Send a t34 to their base, draw away the panthers and hit the slow ass case mates when they are scrambling

Basicly get good before bitching about balance
19 Mar 2018, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 07:53 AMKatitof
If opponent have brought JT, ele and 2 panthers in a 2v2, then where are the 8-10 medium tanks you and your team mate could afford?

Bring IL2, guards and penals and own them easily ...

using smoke to close the distance.

Here are your answers. If the enemy got a JT, an Elefant and MULTIPLE Panthers, you lost the game hard long before the tanks arrived. ADDITIONALLY, the stated tanks are extremely expensive and AT ONLY. So you literally can run up with your inf and do whatever you want to.

19 Mar 2018, 09:43 AM

most cancerous thing in this game no real counter just dive and lost or dive and win great mechanic
19 Mar 2018, 15:23 PM

most cancerous thing in this game no real counter just dive and lost or dive and win great mechanic
lets igonre infantry, art and atguns
19 Mar 2018, 16:29 PM

That many tds outdps the Heavy TDs by a long shot, Jacksons dont get 1 shot anymore by them and they rotate very slowly, that should be an easy kill for the allies.
19 Mar 2018, 16:44 PM

Thank you OP for your constructive post. I shall now tell you how to counter axis super tank destroyers:

• Infantry based AT weapons
  • AT Guns
  • Overwhelm with multiple tank destroyers at once (example, attacking with 3 SU85 simultaneously while activating mark target would be an easy win)
  • Flanking the Elefant successfully with a single tank
  • Ramming the Elefant with a T34, and using Soviet airplane bombs to kill it
  • A combination of the above tactics

Example: I played vs Siddolio (rank 5 Ostheer in 2v2 random) in 2v2 on Crossing in the Woods (a great map for Elefant since its so small, with predictable attack paths). He had an Elefant with a PaK40 covering it, and his teammate had a Panther.

When the panther was back repairing, I send 1 cromwell BEHIND the Elefant's position (by driving it near the outside fuel, then hugging the back of the map)

The Cromwell got behind the Elefant, forcing it to turn SLOWLYYYYYYYYY and not allowing it to shoot
at the same time (since the cromwell is so fast and the Elefant turns so slowly)

While behind the Elefant, the Cromwell killed a Panzerwerfer and decrewed a Pak (cromwell just parked behind useless Elefant)

Cromwell then opened fire on the Elefant, which is still turning, while the teammate sees and rushes his tank to support

While all this is happening, my two Fireflies and my teammates SU85 have moved down the middle of the map. The elefant, now atrociously out of position since its been turning to target the Cromwell, was taken down in 3-4 seconds from focus fire from the tank destoyers.

Siddolio then quit the game :snfPeter:

As you can see, there are so many ways to counter it ... but you will have to practice the game before the ways become easier to execute, and more obvious to see while in game.
19 Mar 2018, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2018, 11:49 AMEsxile

If you face this situation, you did something really wrong to come to that point.

==============

I was AFK for 20 minutes after hitting automatch 1vs1
I came back from the grocery store and I found the enemy (Soviets) had the entire map
captured AND all flags upped with fuel/muni upgraded, and 4x T34/76, 4x SU-76 and a T70
and 2x Combat Engineers at my door and my HQ down to 20%.

I was playing OKW.
I made a RakPAK but it got blasted immediately.
Are the OKW too weak?
Are the Soviets too strong?

Don't tell me this is a L2P issue.
Should I demand Soviets be nerfed and OKW be buffed?

PS : I got garlic & honey chips while at was at grocery store, hmmmmmm!
So worth it.

PS: My fingers were sticky from the chips, so I was worried about using
my mouse and keyboard.

What German buffs and Soviet Nerfs do you suggest?
19 Mar 2018, 18:43 PM

Ram is very useful vs elephants and jagtigers.

not really its just wasting T34. because T34 will die after panther comes.
19 Mar 2018, 19:03 PM

Losing a t34 for a jadg or ele is always worth. Also a super heavy TD plus a panther is a ton of fuel and you should attempt to prevent the opponent from being able to field these heavy resource sink units by having superior field presence before these units arrive.
19 Mar 2018, 19:04 PM

Its very good if you have support and didnt play so horribly that they have 400 fuel tied up in AT units
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★