Login

russian armor

Riflemen Sandbags

8 Mar 2018, 16:37 PM

Now i know you will say i got RES Tank Traps for cover but a little riflemen utility wont hurt i mean grens IS volks cons got a tupe of defense for your riflemen you need commadner i think riflemen should get non commander sandbags when RES are not around
8 Mar 2018, 17:13 PM

Now i know you will say i got RES Tank Traps for cover but a little riflemen utility wont hurt i mean grens IS volks cons got a tupe of defense for oyur riflemen you need commadner i think riflemen shoudl get non commander sandbags when RES are not around

Actually no mainline infantry should have access to sandbags unless it is really crappy.
8 Mar 2018, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:13 PMVipper

Actually no mainline infantry should have access to sandbags unless it is really crappy.
Volks are not crappy i mean i dotn say they sohuldnt but everyone has exept riflemen if my rears arent near i cant have them un covered what if there is a lot negative cover
8 Mar 2018, 17:17 PM

Volks are not crappy i mean i dotn say they sohuldnt but everyone has exept riflemen if my rears arent near i cant have them un covered what if there is a lot negative cover

Then it should removed from them also, as it should be removed from tommies, and ppsh conscripts...
8 Mar 2018, 17:19 PM

I would be cool with rear echelons building sandbags. The other way of doing this is fixing tank traps. You have to lay tank traps sideways for full protection, but you cannot drag two or more together like this.
8 Mar 2018, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:17 PMVipper

Then it should removed from them also, as it should be removed from tommies, and ppsh conscripts...
good idea but it will never happen cuz they wil lsay tommies need cover or else they are useless and they riflemen i mean they cost a lot for having only grenade that can be dodged and the very usefull AT nade
8 Mar 2018, 17:21 PM

I would be cool with rear echelons building sandbags. The other way of doing this is fixing tank traps. You have to lay tank traps sideways for full protection, but you cannot drag two or more together like this.
Nice ideea for sideway tank traps really nice but rears have regural tank traps which are cool too i mena riflemen get nothign for defense exept a commadner but all other core infrnatry have a least something riflemen need at least sandbags
8 Mar 2018, 17:25 PM

Sandbags for Rear Echelon troops seems like the way to go to me. Buildable cover should look like cover.

Would be nice for all sandbags to use the Conscript model too while we're at it. It looks nicer and would make it substantially harder for Volks and Tommies to make it monodirectional by using a territory point as a barded wire substitute.
8 Mar 2018, 17:26 PM

They just need cover that will protect them from suppression. 2 sideways tanks traps does the job, but it is a pain in the ass laying them.
8 Mar 2018, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:25 PMLago
Sandbags for Rear Echelon troops seems like the way to go to me. Buildable cover should look like cover.

Would be nice for all sandbags to use the Conscript model too while we're at it. It looks nicer and would make it substantially harder for Volks and Tommies to make it monodirectional by using a territory point as a barded wire substitute.
But for rear echelon the sandbag is useless why cuz tank traps get build faster
8 Mar 2018, 17:28 PM

They just need cover that will protect them from suppression. 2 sideways tanks traps does the job, but it is a pain in the ass laying them.
Yes but they never amde them i nthe game so they wotn put sideway tank traps cuz it doesnt exist they could put the normal sandbags liek if oyu go riflemen field defenes or the base sadnbags from the american HQ
8 Mar 2018, 17:29 PM

It also just looks wrong. "Hey guys, we need some cover so rather than laying some sandbags let's build a metal hedgehog with holes in it."

But for rear echelon the sandbag is useless why cuz tank traps get build faster

Because a squad fits behind a sandbag.
8 Mar 2018, 17:32 PM

All tank traps should have build time increased.

USF tank traps should be me moved to assault engineers, then sandbags could be moved to R.E.

UKF trench and sandbags should be moved to Ro.E.
8 Mar 2018, 17:36 PM

Increasing the build time on tank traps would make them even less useful for their actual purpose. A better solution would be to make them yellow cover instead of green and give REs actual sandbags for green cover.
8 Mar 2018, 17:38 PM

yea, just give rear echelons sand bags. Half the time tank traps do not work when set up properly. Infantry like to chill in the gaps between tanks trap.
8 Mar 2018, 17:55 PM
Donator 11

Sandbags are in a pretty good spot right now. Let me explain:
1. Okw sandbags on volks are a must have, as sturms are already an overburdened unit.
2. Soviet sandbags are plentiful but weaker than other sandbags. They also take lots of space, which makes them ballanced.
3. Ostheer sandbags are rightfully on the pios, who are a cheap but not spammable squad. Grens are too cheap and spammable to get the good sandbags so instead of going the way of soviets they less but better sandbags.
4. Usf sandbags are doctrinal and REs actually got better buildable green cover in the form of tank traps which means its pretty much oke.
5. Ukf is the only problematic one as they get sandbags on a squad that benefits the most from them (its like if soviets had sandbags on guards), but on the other hand that is what they need to stay competitive and also the faction as a whole is hugely based around terrain and cover modification. So on in all they are the worst implementation of sandbags ballance wise but still pretty much ok.
8 Mar 2018, 18:37 PM

Sandbags are in a pretty good spot right now. Let me explain:
1. Okw sandbags on volks are a must have, as sturms are already an overburdened unit.
2. Soviet sandbags are plentiful but weaker than other sandbags. They also take lots of space, which makes them ballanced.
3. Ostheer sandbags are rightfully on the pios, who are a cheap but not spammable squad. Grens are too cheap and spammable to get the good sandbags so instead of going the way of soviets they less but better sandbags.
4. Usf sandbags are doctrinal and REs actually got better buildable green cover in the form of tank traps which means its pretty much oke.
5. Ukf is the only problematic one as they get sandbags on a squad that benefits the most from them (its like if soviets had sandbags on guards), but on the other hand that is what they need to stay competitive and also the faction as a whole is hugely based around terrain and cover modification. So on in all they are the worst implementation of sandbags ballance wise but still pretty much ok.
???????
8 Mar 2018, 19:08 PM
Donator 11

???????

What I ment is that they use up a lot of space, while offering low density of cover positions. Which is not that much important when there is only one, but If you want cover for a few squads, you will have a lot of trouble fitting it in. That is why soviet sandbags are worse than original heavy cover on the map and other factions sandbags. The bigger hitbox also means that they get destroyed quicker, especially by indirect fire.
8 Mar 2018, 22:25 PM

Now i know you will say i got RES Tank Traps for cover but a little riflemen utility wont hurt i mean grens IS volks cons got a tupe of defense for your riflemen you need commadner i think riflemen should get non commander sandbags when RES are not around

IMO all of the 5 mainline inf should have access to sandbags. Or anyone.
9 Mar 2018, 17:06 PM

The wider sandbags are arguably better in some ways than smaller sandbags since it means less clustering and so less potential for nade/mortar/AOE wipes.

I'd personally make it so mainline make crappier (yellow) sandbags or dirt mounds and the engineer units make proper green sandbags.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★