Login

russian armor

Rear armor of some vehicles needs to be reduced

1 Mar 2018, 09:25 AM

Just to be clear all the Allies HEAVY tanks need to have their armor lowered, but the Hetzer which uses the chassis of a T-38 needs to be rasied...your logic is undeniable.

I have answered this question once but it seems that I have to answer it again:
The vehicles listed have very high rear armor that make flanking with medium tank not rewarding.

A Ostheer PzIV can park behind a Churchill at range 0 and the Churchill will have a better chance to penetrate the PzIV frontally than PzIV to penetrate the rear armor.

This issue was partially fixed in patch for some vehicles but the one in this list where "forgotten".

If you find any German vehicle with rear armor more 150 pls bring it up and I will gladly include it.

Hezter rear/side armor is so low that A T-34/76 has 100% to penetrate even at max range.
1 Mar 2018, 10:17 AM

I see My Friend Clip About Kv-1 Armor
75 % chance to Finish KV-1 by shot back side armor But RNG God Curse It
poor Pz4

1 Mar 2018, 10:32 AM

I see My Friend Clip About Kv-1 Armor
75 % chance to Finish KV-1 by shot back side armor But RNG God Curse It
poor Pz4

the problem is that if u nerf the rear armor of churchill and kv1 u gotta buff something else , cause they are meant to be flanked (slow, crappy gun, mediocre frontal armor) they are the meat shield of the faction
1 Mar 2018, 10:37 AM

the problem is that if u nerf the rear armor of churchill and kv1 u gotta buff something else , cause they are meant to be flanked (slow, crappy gun, mediocre frontal armor) they are the meat shield of the faction

What isnt "meant to be flanked?"

No other tank got buffs in order to compensate for reduced rear armor.
1 Mar 2018, 10:59 AM

What isnt "meant to be flanked?"

No other tank got buffs in order to compensate for reduced rear armor.
unlike heavy tank they dont have a powerfull gun or good frontal armor they go in the fight but dont have the speed to flank without beeing flanked so to compensate for this they have high rear armor, the ISU needs a rear armor nerf same for the kv8 and kv 2
1 Mar 2018, 11:07 AM

Turretless TDs are also meant to be flanked yet their rear armor is less than half.

Churchill and KV-1 could easily have their rear armor lowered to 140-130 and still would not be penetrated 100% by a PzIV even at point blank.

KV-1 performance can be improved by different vet bonuses and ability.

In the end of they if the change makes this unit under-perform I wouldn't disagree to buffs.

But I really doubt it.

KV-1 is rather cost efficient compared to OKW PzIV.

unlike heavy tank they dont have a powerfull gun or good frontal armor

KV-1 has 10% less armor than the Tiger, it is rather good.
1 Mar 2018, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2018, 11:07 AMVipper

Turretless TDs are also meant to be flanked yet their rear armor is less than half.

Churchill and KV-1 could easily have their rear armor lowered to 140-130 and still would not be penetrated 100% by a PzIV even at point blank.

In the end of they if the change makes this unit under-perform I wouldn't disagree to buffs.

But I really doubt it.

I guess the point is they are mean to be in the middle of the battle unlike other tanks. Exposing their flank and rear is part of their function.
1 Mar 2018, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2018, 11:26 AMEsxile

I guess the point is they are mean to be in the middle of the battle unlike other tanks. Exposing their flank and rear is part of their function.

And 140-130 armor value it enough for that.

If KV-1 need more armor that should come with veterancy, which should fit the role of the vehicle and not be a copy of the T-34/76 one that has different role.
1 Mar 2018, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2018, 11:07 AMVipper

But I really doubt it.

they are much slower than tiger or p4 if u really want to nerf the rear amror of churchil and kv1 u need to buff their mobility at the very least (main gun or frontal armor too) ex: remove 40 armor form the rear of the churchill and add it to the front
1 Mar 2018, 12:33 PM

they are much slower than tiger or p4 if u really want to nerf the rear amror of churchil and kv1 u need to buff their mobility at the very least (main gun or frontal armor too) ex: remove 40 armor form the rear of the churchill and add it to the front

No they are not.

Tiger max speed is 5.2
KV-1 max speed is 5.1

Again if KV-1 need more armor that should come via veterancy.

As for Churchill I would rather have it become better at supporting infantry and have some more utility like the WP smore move to it as vet 1 ability.
1 Mar 2018, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2018, 12:33 PMVipper

No they are not.

Tiger max speed is 5.2
KV-1 max speed is 5.1

Again if KV-1 need more armor that should come via veterancy.

As for Churchill I would rather have it become better at supporting infantry and have some more utility like the WP smore move to it as vet 1 ability.
accel tiger 1.8 kv1 1.6 KT 1.4 u see now ? if u want to nerf the rear armor u need to buff al least the speed of
Kv1 to 6 MS and accel 2
and the churchill to 4.9 MS
1 Mar 2018, 12:56 PM

The arguments to lower the armor due to axis having had theirs lowered is crumbling apart. There's absolutely no reason to blanket change something that doesn't need changing at all. These Allied tanks already have got other drawbacks for having slightly better back armor.
1 Mar 2018, 13:22 PM

The arguments to lower the armor due to axis having had theirs lowered is crumbling apart. There's absolutely no reason to blanket change something that doesn't need changing at all. These Allied tanks already have got other drawbacks for having slightly better back armor.
no the isu and kv2 need their rear armor reduced for the other tanks u could make an argument but isu and kv2 are heavy

Developer Comments: We felt the risk associated with flanking a Heavy Armored Vehicle was much too great because of the high rear armor. To help balance this risk vs reward we are reducing rear armor on all heavy armor across the board.

Soviet IS-2 rear armor reduced from 205 to 140
Wehrmacht Tiger & Tiger Ace rear armored reduced from 180 to 140
Wehrmacht Elefant rear armor reduced from 150 to 110
OKW Jagdtiger rear armor reduced from 150 to 110
OKW King Tiger rear armor reduced from 225 to 150
British Comet Tank rear armor reduced from 180 to 130
we should add :
isu 152 reaer armor form 155 to 110
kv2 rear armor from 180 to 140
1 Mar 2018, 13:27 PM

I agree with that, but there's still the risk/reward factor, that also include other statistics e.g. speed, movement, turret, penetration, general usability etc.

If KV2 and IS2 didn't already have had enough drawbacks to counterbalance that risk/reward factor, it'd be acceptable to discuss a nerf. But I believe these units have other problems that need to be fixed first and foremost to get them back into the game before considering a change to their back armor.
1 Mar 2018, 13:29 PM

When was last time anyone have seen KV-2 again?
You are debating on nerfing a unit that no one ever wants to use for purpose other then pure lolz and 'you are so bad I can field KV-2 against you'.
1 Mar 2018, 13:51 PM

When was last time anyone have seen KV-2 again?
You are debating on nerfing a unit that no one ever wants to use for purpose other then pure lolz and 'you are so bad I can field KV-2 against you'.
is that why they nerfed most of okw team weapon, the sturm tiger, the arve,etc ? no they were nerfed for consistency
1 Mar 2018, 13:57 PM

is that why they nerfed most of okw team weapon, the sturm tiger, the arve,etc ? no they were nerfed for consistency

What...
ISG had to be nerfed to allow for pit nerf, otherwise it would be OP by outranging it with Basic fire and ist not like it was not already 2nd best indirect light weapon in game.
HMG43 Crew was OP as it were regular volks instead of usual gimped Crew models for all other weapon Teams.
If you did not believed 50 range ST to be OP, you most likely could not use it correctly.
AVRE is short cooldown AI precision strike against which you had Little time to react and it did too good vs armor being primarily AI.

As you can see, all of the changes were justified very well.

No consistency here, each of them was a different can of worms and each of them was handled differently, in single case to allow a nerf of powerful static piece everyone complained about.
1 Mar 2018, 14:05 PM

What...
ISG had to be nerfed to allow for pit nerf, otherwise it would be OP by outranging it with Basic fire and ist not like it was not already 2nd best indirect light weapon in game.
HMG43 Crew was OP as it were regular volks instead of usual gimped Crew models for all other weapon Teams.
If you did not believed 50 range ST to be OP, you most likely could not use it correctly.
AVRE is short cooldown AI precision strike against which you had Little time to react and it did too good vs armor being primarily AI.

As you can see, all of the changes were justified very well.

No consistency here, each of them was a different can of worms and each of them was handled differently, in single case to allow a nerf of powerful static piece everyone complained about.
they had lower target size , they did not over perform but they still got nerfed (i would say to uselessness but some may dissagre,like u with the "op" mg 34) and here is the sturm now https://youtu.be/xnPjouXv-oA?t=7m11s opieopie immaright ?
1 Mar 2018, 15:13 PM

And still the forest was missed for the trees.
1 Mar 2018, 15:38 PM

And still the forest was missed for the trees.

You threw all of them into the same bag.
I've explained to you how each of them was a separate issue that needed addressing.

You think its anti axis crusade, I'm telling you there were balance issues and only single one of them was related to consistency.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★