Login

russian armor

My idea to balance OKW

21 Feb 2018, 06:07 AM

The OKW faction needs a rework/buff and my idea is to make the base trucks an integral part of gameplay without upsetting the current balance. The trucks right now on small maps are a liability outside of the starting zone and do not differentiate the faction in any way. When forward deployed in larger maps they become a liability late game to indirect fire and do not add much tactical intrigue to the faction. My idea is 2 pronged and simple:

1. Allow established bases to pack up, move and reset in a new area. The timer of the pickup and reset will have to be balanced. This will add new strategic options in early and late game.

2. Create 5 veterancy tiers for each truck. Currently the bases are too easily destroyed late game by indirect fire and the benefits do not scale well in larger team games. Let's add these veterancy benefits in a balanced order:

A. Increased health at each level. The bases are simply too fragile late game.

B. Add an additional healing/repair team at a certain level.

C. Increase the healing/repair speed at a certain level.

D. For the flak truck increase accuracy of anti air/anti infantry at a certain level.

E. Increase the healing/repair/flak aura range at a certain level.

F. Possibly increase unit production speed at a certain level.

G. Possibly remove the FRP reinforce penalty at a certain level.

The trucks should gain experience doing what they do: healing grants experience, repairing grants experience, and damaging planes and infantry grants experience.

Alternatively this could be a new commander or a rework of overwatch commander. Let's make OKW a truly mobile and dynamic faction. Any feedback most appreciated.

21 Feb 2018, 06:37 AM
Donator 11

This is a meme right?
21 Feb 2018, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 06:37 AMMittens
This is a meme right?

Nah bro I just got a great idea

Let’s make the Schewer completely mobile when set up, therefore the flak on it can defend multiple spots on the map!
21 Feb 2018, 10:13 AM
21 Feb 2018, 10:23 AM

'Healing grants experience, repairing grants experience''

Aight, but only if it were to apply to other units too like ambulance, RE, sappers, combat engineers, pioneers, sturmpioneers, vehicle crew, etc etc...

See why it won't work?
21 Feb 2018, 10:57 AM
Benefactor 115

The trucks right now on small maps are a liability outside of the starting zone and do not differentiate the faction in any way. When forward deployed in larger maps they become a liability late game to indirect fire and do not add much tactical intrigue to the faction. My idea is 2 pronged and simple

At the end of the day you don't have to put them on the front line. Or even a bit behind the lines.
Inside the base sector/outside it is good enough, Especially for most maps, unless why are taking about massive 4v4 maps. Which even then you don't need them so far forward.

As A table said even if this was to be added, why just OKW and not just other units when coming to veterancy?

Plus what we've had we've had for the last 4 years (albeit a few changes such as medics needing to be upgraded) may not perfect but is good enough for the game.
21 Feb 2018, 11:29 AM

Moving the bases is quite an interesting idea especially when it comes up to medic hq. However its ur own responsibility where u set up ur trucks and therefore u can blame urself for getting it destroyed. Anyway no matter if the idea is good or bad, it will be denied as any other try to make axis better as we know theres coming only nerf after nerf latest patches, just adapt.
21 Feb 2018, 12:16 PM

How about this:

Do NOT put them outside of your base if you are too afraid to lose them.

Its risk vs reward, when you pick risk, deal with consequences.
21 Feb 2018, 12:27 PM

Judging from the responses to my lengthy post which I spent a decent amount of thought on, this is the most toxic forum I've ever seen.
21 Feb 2018, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 06:37 AMMittens
This is a meme right?

Thanks for your feedback on my idea.
21 Feb 2018, 12:28 PM

Nah bro I just got a great idea

Let’s make the Schewer completely mobile when set up, therefore the flak on it can defend multiple spots on the map!

Thanks for the snark and salt.
21 Feb 2018, 12:31 PM

At the end of the day you don't have to put them on the front line. Or even a bit behind the lines.
Inside the base sector/outside it is good enough, Especially for most maps, unless why are taking about massive 4v4 maps. Which even then you don't need them so far forward.

As A table said even if this was to be added, why just OKW and not just other units when coming to veterancy?

Plus what we've had we've had for the last 4 years (albeit a few changes such as medics needing to be upgraded) may not perfect but is good enough for the game.

Why does every response refer to "me" the player? As if every balance post is some self serving diatribe? But to counter a few of your thoughts, what's the point of mobile bases if they are set up in the starting point all the time? Also, not sure the other unit veterancy question. The bases are a unique unit I'm not proposing giving healing and repair bonuses to all units?
21 Feb 2018, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 10:23 AMA table
'Healing grants experience, repairing grants experience''

Aight, but only if it were to apply to other units too like ambulance, RE, sappers, combat engineers, pioneers, sturmpioneers, vehicle crew, etc etc..

See why it won't work?

Base healing grants experience to the base. Repair healing grants experience to the base unit. Not sure what the problem is? Did you read the post? Why can't the bases themselves gain veterancy since they are more unit-like than the other structures? Don't need to apply this mechanic to normal units.
21 Feb 2018, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 12:16 PMKatitof
How about this:

Do NOT put them outside of your base if you are too afraid to lose them.

Its risk vs reward, when you pick risk, deal with consequences.

Again another post about my presumed personal playstyle, suggestions to play a different way, and 0 discussion on the merits of the idea.
21 Feb 2018, 12:37 PM

this 1 suggestion coming from another similar thread:
This another approach to OKW aiming at retaining to original design of aggressive truck use that has been lost its strength with the change to FRP.

Changes to trucks:
No limit to number of truck
Buy Cost 100/10
Set UP cost 50/5

They set up faster and are less vulnerable during set up. Once set up the about a bit tougher then Ostheer command bunkers.

Once set up the act as reinforcement point and can built the following units:
1 truck set up access to Leig
2 truck set up access to Obers
3 truck set up access to Puma

Aim of changes:
to make aggressive placing of truck a viable option of player while still allowing him easy access to basic tools if he loses 1 truck.

Leig provide indirect fire support, Obers elite infantry, Puma supports the RW.

Trucks can then upgrade:
1) to medic for 50/35 that gives access to 251 variants (AA fuel cost lowered to 40). Once medic truck is unlocked truck HP/armor to 75% of current levels.

Medic truck can be further upgraded with FRP (100/10) increasing HP/armor to 125% of current. Has aura decreasing reinforcement time by 25% does not heal.

Aim of changes:
Make FRP viable but one has to rely on med box for heal. Upgrade add the bonus of a tougher truck.

2)Mechanized 100/55 gives access to Luch and JP.
Mechanized truck can be further upgraded (50/10) with engineers increasing HP/armor to 125% of current.

Aim of changes:
Gives OKW access to 60 range AT weapon that is affordable and mid game specialized solutions.

3) Shwerer truck requiring at least 1 truck upgraded (100/75) giving access to Stuka and PZIV 4. Shwerer truck has no gun.
Shwerer truck can be further upgraded (100/60) that unlocks the Panther and gives the truck the gun. (Gun can use be aimed and has to use a 30 munition ability to engage aircraft).

Aim of changes:
Early access to medium and support vehicles. More tools to better time Panthers.

Once any truck is upgrade medic spawn in base truck.
Aim of changes:
OKW have access to heal while medic boxs remain an option for FRP.

Building a truck unlock Faust and grenades for SP.
Setting up a truck unlock the rest of grenades.
Upgrading all 3 truck gives access to ST44.

KT requires all tech unlock and is limited to 1 per Shwerer truck.

Other option for truck:
Truck in sector can be upgraded to gives access to a timed that increases (or decrease if enemy capture it) sector income at the cost of manpower.

Suggested changes are more a direction and numbers might be off.

The direction aim it one where OKW truck become a important part of the faction. In the same time losing trucks become less punishing since the player still has access to basic tools.
21 Feb 2018, 12:37 PM
Donator 11

Why does every response refer to "me" the player? As if every balance post is some self serving diatribe? But to counter a few of your thoughts, what's the point of mobile bases if they are set up in the starting point all the time? Also, not sure the other unit veterancy question. The bases are a unique unit I'm not proposing giving healing and repair bonuses to all units?

I think his point is: If okw was to be able to avoid reinforcement penalty on FRP with vet, why should usf not have the same advantage when major gets vet3. And I think you can answer yourself why not.

There is no way of justifying okw having such a feature without usf having one from design perspective. And it is not possible to justify any of these from ballance perspective.

Again another post about my presumed personal playstyle, suggestions to play a different way, and 0 discussion on the merits of the idea.

Well, explaining the risk-reward aspect of the current design is a discussion about merits.
21 Feb 2018, 12:49 PM

Presumed playstyle?
You want more forgiving, more durable and more beneficial Forward bases.
You dont even realize that Forward base is not the same as mobile base.
Your whole opening post screams that you do not want to lose trucks, but want to place them as Close to the frontline as possible without having to worry about losing them.
You want to reap the rewards, but without the rist associated with them.
Hell you even dare to suggest removing FRP Penalty despite knowing full well how cancerous that is for the game(I am going to presume here again, that you play coh2 longer then 2 weeks)

I stand by whast I have said.
If you are unable to defend them properly, place them in base and enjoy risk free trucks.
No changes are needed, because it IS a 'you' problem.
21 Feb 2018, 12:51 PM

Base healing grants experience to the base. Repair healing grants experience to the base unit. Not sure what the problem is? Did you read the post? Why can't the bases themselves gain veterancy since they are more unit-like than the other structures? Don't need to apply this mechanic to normal units.

Ofcourse i read the post, otherwise i wouldn't post it in the first place.

Bases are not unit- like in the slightest. Perhaps british emplacements are a exception, but those don't repair/heal other units.

The only thing this suggestion would promote is a camper's heaven, as the player does not need to put his buildings/units in combat in order to gain veterancy. This camping- like playstyle is really what hurts larger matches like 4v4's where teammates sit on the fuel point doing nothing, while everyone else is fighting at a numerical disadvantage. In 1v1's, having these experience- gaining bases would be ridiculous as a single truck that sets up and doesn't get destroyed gets more powerfull and rewarding for doing basic stuff like healing/repairing. All the other factions supposedly don't have this, putting them at a disadvantage.

Simple as that.
21 Feb 2018, 12:53 PM

I think his point is: If okw was to be able to avoid reinforcement penalty on FRP with vet, why should usf not have the same advantage when major gets vet3. And I think you can answer yourself why not.

There is no way of justifying okw having such a feature without usf having one from design perspective. And it is not possible to justify any of these from ballance perspective.

Well, explaining the risk-reward aspect of the current design is a discussion about merits.

The FRP penalty reduction was a maybe add. But are you saying every faction feature has to be mirrored? Why can the British add a 5th man but no one else can? And I think you can see for yourself why that would be a problem. Why can Soviets combine half squads? I'm not saying take away these things either. I think uniqueness is good for each faction...
21 Feb 2018, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 12:49 PMKatitof

Presumed playstyle?
You want more forgiving, more durable and more beneficial Forward bases.
You dont even realize that Forward base is not the same as mobile base.
Your whole opening post screams that you do not want to lose trucks, but want to place them as Close to the frontline as possible without having to worry about losing them.
You want to reap the rewards, but without the rist associated with them.
Hell you even dare to suggest removing FRP Penalty despite knowing full well how cancerous that is for the game(I am going to presume here again, that you play coh2 longer then 2 weeks)

I stand by whast I have said.
If you are unable to defend them properly, place them in base and enjoy risk free trucks.
No changes are needed, because it IS a 'you' problem.

Whoa buddy you're really wound up but let me see. The frp penalty change seems to be controversial which is why it was a maybe. As to the other point(?) My point is the bases are just auto losses late game if you have them anywhere outside the start. Is this a good design? No. Also the scaling health would mean the early-mid game survivability is not affected.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 94
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment