Login

russian armor

My idea to balance OKW

21 Feb 2018, 13:00 PM

The FRP penalty reduction was a maybe add. But are you saying every faction feature has to be mirrored? Why can the British add a 5th man but no one else can? And I think you can see for yourself why that would be a problem. Why can Soviets combine half squads? I'm not saying take away these things either. I think uniqueness is good for each faction...

Someone can't tell asymmetrical balance decision from core game mechanic functionality I see...
21 Feb 2018, 13:02 PM
Donator 11

The FRP penalty reduction was a maybe add. But are you saying every faction feature has to be mirrored? Why can the British add a 5th man but no one else can? And I think you can see for yourself why that would be a problem. Why can Soviets combine half squads? I'm not saying take away these things either. I think uniqueness is good for each faction...

Uniqueness is obviously good. The thing is, FRP is already unique feature that is available to half of the factions. Which is great. They also have the feature in a distinct way. Which is even better. But asking for making one of the FRPs OP by removing penalties for the sake of it is not the right way of making factions unique.
21 Feb 2018, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 12:51 PMA table

Ofcourse i read the post, otherwise i wouldn't post it in the first place.

Bases are not unit- like in the slightest. Perhaps british emplacements are a exception, but those don't repair/heal other units.

The only thing this suggestion would promote is a camper's heaven, as the player does not need to put his buildings/units in combat in order to gain veterancy. This camping- like playstyle is really what hurts larger matches like 4v4's where teammates sit on the fuel point doing nothing, while everyone else is fighting at a numerical disadvantage. In 1v1's, having these experience- gaining bases would be ridiculous as a single truck that sets up and doesn't get destroyed gets more powerfull and rewarding for doing basic stuff like healing/repairing. All the other factions supposedly don't have this, putting them at a disadvantage.

Simple as that.

Again why do all faction mechanics need to be mirrored? Because they are not to begin with. Re camping don't you think my idea of a relocating ability encourages more dynamic play? Don't think many of these veterancies should be achievable in 1v1 BTW. Maybe just the first few levels. Also the flak truck would need to be near front lines to gain experience.
21 Feb 2018, 13:04 PM

Maybe we can give the truck brace ))))

*jokes aside, maybe it can finally survive against air supremacy, or spec weapon's barrage ability, or IL-2 PTAB/ 4x 50kg bomb run ._.
21 Feb 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 13:00 PMKatitof

Someone can't tell asymmetrical balance decision from core game mechanic functionality I see...

Am going to ignore repeated personal attacks. I think bases need to pick up and move like StarCraft and need a little more late game health to make the faction more interesting. These are core mechanics. Veterancy levels were another interesting idea. Sometimes to rework something you just need to put it in and see what happens and balance after it's in and not try and prebalance what you presume the unbalancing effects will be.
21 Feb 2018, 13:12 PM

Again why do all faction mechanics need to be mirrored? Because they are not to begin with. Re camping don't you think my idea of a relocating ability encourages more dynamic play? Don't think many of these veterancies should be achievable in 1v1 BTW. Maybe just the first few levels. Also the flak truck would need to be near front lines to gain experience.

1) Ist not faction mechanic, ist general mechanic
2) Because ist literally what what keeps the games Balance integrity in check.
There is a reason why weapon upgrades always cost muni instead of fuel or mp.
There is a reason why all Units retreat despite being pinned once you press that retreat button.

Or screw it, lets make OKW Special snowflake even more!
FRP no longer has reinf time Penalty for OKW, but OKW inf no longer gets rec acc bonus when retreating, because "why should all mechanics be mirrored"
21 Feb 2018, 13:14 PM
Donator 11

Maybe we can give the truck brace ))))

*jokes aside, maybe it can finally survive against air supremacy, or spec weapon's barrage ability, or IL-2 PTAB/ 4x 50kg bomb run ._.

As far as I know, neither of these can kill the truck on its own. Air supremacy was specifically nerfed not to do so.
21 Feb 2018, 13:16 PM

As far as I know, neither of these can kill the truck on its own. Air supremacy was specifically nerfed not to do so.

*Change my statement to "So little health it might as well be dead".

Generally it takes around 3 satchels, or 1 bomb call in and 1-3 squads of conscripts with AT rifle to kill regardless of whether or not they are suppressed.

Didnt really "test" it out, but it is purely my observation from running around and plinking trucks with them.
21 Feb 2018, 13:24 PM

I think bases need to pick up and move like StarCraft and need a little more late game health to make the faction more interesting.

This isn't starcraft though, this is Company of heroes.

If you want moveable bases, play coh 1 as the brits. Your suggestion has been debunked from what i can see in the comments.
21 Feb 2018, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 13:24 PMA table

This isn't starcraft though, this is Company of heroes.

If you want moveable bases, play coh 1 as the brits. Your suggestion has been debunked from what i can see in the comments.

Coh Brits were moveable? Fascinating.. but wasn't it still a sim city faction? What was the point? Am brainstorming game ideas why are you saying debunked? These aren't conspiracy theories. Can anyone actually say why mobile bases would be bad and not interesting? BTW not every faction in StarCraft has this just the Marines obviously.
21 Feb 2018, 13:33 PM

Coh Brits were moveable? Fascinating.. but wasn't it still a sim city faction? What was the point?

Congratulans, you have just concluded your own thread by responding to your own claim right now.
We can all now move on and wait for another silly balance thread.
21 Feb 2018, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 13:33 PMKatitof

Congratulans, you have just concluded your own thread by responding to your own claim right now.
We can all now move on and wait for another silly balance thread.

Am trying to be nice but losing my patience. Dude go away you're like a parasite. By far the most toxic person here. 9,666 posts? Holy sht! How did you last this long. Are there mods?
21 Feb 2018, 15:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One out of five reports has been sustained by a Moderator - and invised. The other objections were overruled.

Back to topic.

21 Feb 2018, 15:47 PM

Coh Brits were moveable? Fascinating.. but wasn't it still a sim city faction? What was the point? Am brainstorming game ideas why are you saying debunked? These aren't conspiracy theories. Can anyone actually say why mobile bases would be bad and not interesting? BTW not every faction in StarCraft has this just the Marines obviously.

*Terrans, "Marines" arent a faction.

Dont understand why you would describe your own idea as "simple", considering all the veterancy levels youd have to balance, not to mention including a totally new feature of being able to turn the buildings into trucks again.

Balance atm is not perfect, considering the low rate of patches it would be smarter to make small but effective balance changes, and not going crazy with far-fetched ideas like yours. I understand that your point is to make OKW more dynamic and mobile, but imo with the latest rework of the Firestorm doctrine you now have an option to play that playstyle.

Moveable HQ's wouldnt really make the faction more mobile, most probably it would result in people using the flak-HQ as an MG on steroid, shifting to a different position after every engagement, which sounds pretty cancerous to me.

21 Feb 2018, 15:55 PM

@OP

At this stage in COH2's life cycle your best bet is to explore these ideas in the modding section.

If there are to be any future patches or redesigns for OKW it's not going to come about from anything said or presented on these, or any other, forums.
21 Feb 2018, 17:15 PM

I think there needs to be a tag for threads or a subsection of "here's my hare-brained idea that will go nowhere but I thought I'd share anyway". Oh who am I kidding, that's every balance thread ;D

What I think would be funny is that in practice, the flak HT emplacement would just be a much bigger and slower version of the current flak HT that OKW has except it would... also let you spawn obers form it?

Currently the normal Flak-trak has to "set up" before it can shoot anyway, and is very vulnerable on its own, especially on the move. The upgraded version would just have a slower movement, a longer setup, and would perform a few base operations as well.

Side note, does this mean that soviet HQ would get veterancy for healing too? Or the Ost med bunker?
21 Feb 2018, 17:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ murky depths

You will probably find the Strategists and most, if not all of the Moderators would agree with your first paragraph. ;)

---------------

A further flame post has been reported and is now invised, as well as a follow-up post citing the flaming.

Please play nicely together. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS