Login

russian armor

Entity veterancy vs. Squad veterancy

8 Feb 2018, 15:33 PM

Hey guys, so regarding vehicles that get veterancy, what normally happens is that the crew gains the actual veterancy, which the vehicle entity then borrows from its current crew. What i'm trying to do however, is to only give the vehicle entity veterancy, without the crew getting it.

I've experimented like mad to get this to work, and so far i've only discovered one way to do it. That way is to just do a veterancy action on the entity, whether it be in the action_apply list, the upgrade_apply or even the apply_to_driver_action in the recrewable_ext (as long as you change target to self).

Problem is, as soon as i try to insert a step between the veterancy action and the entity, like making it happen through an upgrade, or having a requirement for the veterancy action to happen, then the veterancy will once again be applied to the squad.

This seems like a really weird restriction, so i'm wondering if i'm missing anything, or if you guys know how i can do the entity veterancy with a requirement or something?
8 Feb 2018, 21:38 PM

If it is a squad based upgrade, make sure that it uses change_target apply to the entity?

The requirement may be defaulting to target the squad?

I am making a guess here, not proven advice or answers. ;)
9 Feb 2018, 05:02 AM

I already tried that, though i forgot to mention it. I even tried with both a change target action inside and outside the requirement simultaneously...still didn't work :/
10 Feb 2018, 23:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

If you are looking for a easy solution, then removing veterancy from the crew is a option. For a slightly more dynamic solution, you could do a requirement check on the crew to check if its in a vehicle, if so, apply a modifier that makes them gain no veterancy.
11 Feb 2018, 07:36 AM

When you say remove veterancy from crew, i assume you mean deleting the vet levels from the veterancy_ext, because i've already looked into substracting vet from a unit, which isn't possible.

With that said, i already tried removing each vet level from the vet extension. The result however is merely that the crew won't get any vet levels, but they will still get actual experience, which is then transferred to the vehicle.

I also already tried deleting the entire veterancy_ext, but this completely disabled veterancy for any vehicle with that squad as crew.

The dynamic solution you're suggesting, the only modifier that affects vet is the entity_veterancy_experience_modifier. I used to think that it simply had the same function (but more advanced) as the veterancy_action, however i read in another thread that it supposedly affects how much xp is granted by killing the entity in question. This would make sense, seeing as the modifier is also used in each level of vet in the vanilla files of units (where the modifier would be a 0.2 multiply_add, so as to increase the xp value of veteran units).
11 Feb 2018, 08:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

you can use the received_experience_squad_modifier to decrease received experience.
11 Feb 2018, 09:19 AM

Oh right, forgot about that one.

Well i tried applying it to a crew squad, first where i used disable, then multiply_add (with a negative value) and at last multiplication (with 0 as value), but none of them made a difference :-(

Do you know this to work for a fact, or am i missing something?
14 Feb 2018, 21:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, I never tested it on crews before, so maybe it doesn't work on them while they are in the tank. You could try applying it in different ways, like upgrades or such.
24 Feb 2018, 10:34 AM

Note that if you mess with experience rates for the Crew and Vehicle, your experience levels will fall out of sync when you decrew and recrew your vehicle.

That is because the experience level of the recrewed vehicle is determined by the experience level of the crew that just manned it.

So, I don't know of any way to solve it, which is why USF vehicles don't benefit from shared XP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★