Login

russian armor

What is it with Maxims these days?

8 Feb 2018, 06:20 AM

I can't take it anymore. They're indestructible. Someone watch this stupid game and tell me how 3 man half health maxims repeatedly take bundled nades to face, refuse to die in the face of vet falls fire, and just keep coming back like gren zombies from COH1.

Replay: This crap!

It's almost as bad as this old video:

8 Feb 2018, 06:28 AM
Benefactor 392

they got nerfed to the ground a few patches ago
8 Feb 2018, 07:05 AM

From the beginning it has always been moving in mysterious ways thanks to the deathloop

But I think it's all right. (6 men offset the deathloop )

8 Feb 2018, 08:30 AM

they got nerfed to the ground a few patches ago

They got buffed back into spam mode last patch.
8 Feb 2018, 09:40 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

A) This video is from 2013! So maybe make customgame and try it now again

B) In the 2 try the mg was not in yellow cover! It was sitting infront of the cover and his crew was behind the cover. And well not 4man squad with full Health

C) Yes Maxims deal more damage then mg42. But mg42 pinns better and has more "side-range" from left to right.

New maxims are good. Not OP and not UP. Best way for wehrmacht--> Using mortar and flamerhft
9 Feb 2018, 03:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

From the beginning it has always been moving in mysterious ways thanks to the deathloop

But I think it's all right. (6 men offset the deathloop )

U2 is mad gay, yo.
9 Feb 2018, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2018, 03:40 AMTobis

U2 is mad gay, yo.

I guess Tobis is one of those tween wave guys.
9 Feb 2018, 08:09 AM

Permanently Banned
It should be an obvious indicator that if zarok gets into top 30 soviets maxims are too good, simple as that
9 Feb 2018, 10:21 AM

C) Yes Maxims deal more damage then mg42. But mg42 pinns better and has more "side-range" from left to right.

IIRC MG42s suffer much more from supression and pinning than the Maxim DPS wise.

Also I watched the replay, you do know that grenades do less damage when a squad is in open cover, right? If you know that why are you wasting muni, when you can just walk closer with falls and deathloop the maxim?

Also being afk for the first minute doesnt help either.
9 Feb 2018, 17:20 PM
Donator 11

IIRC MG42s suffer much more from supression and pinning than the Maxim DPS wise.

Also I watched the replay, you do know that grenades do less damage when a squad is in open cover, right? If you know that why are you wasting muni, when you can just walk closer with falls and deathloop the maxim?

Also being afk for the first minute doesnt help either.

Are you sure? I thought in coh1 cover amplified grenades but in coh2 the only mechanic was if the projectile crossed green cover it only did 50% damage. Happy to be corrected.

Personally I think soviet need to have slightly higher reinforce costs for a number of units so they bleed a little more to compensate for their resilience against squad wipes. I don’t feel any of their units are that op (besides sniper) but they just need to be less efficient to slow the spam
9 Feb 2018, 18:41 PM

A) This video is from 2013! So maybe make customgame and try it now again

B) In the 2 try the mg was not in yellow cover! It was sitting infront of the cover and his crew was behind the cover. And well not 4man squad with full Health

New maxims are good. Not OP and not UP. Best way for wehrmacht--> Using mortar and flamerhft
the problem is that mg don't benefit from cover this patch so maxim might beat mg 42 in green cover some times
9 Feb 2018, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2018, 17:20 PMArray

Are you sure? I thought in coh1 cover amplified grenades but in coh2 the only mechanic was if the projectile crossed green cover it only did 50% damage. Happy to be corrected.

Personally I think soviet need to have slightly higher reinforce costs for a number of units so they bleed a little more to compensate for their resilience against squad wipes. I don’t feel any of their units are that op (besides sniper) but they just need to be less efficient to slow the spam

By less damage I mean due to squad spacing it will hit less entities.
9 Feb 2018, 20:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the problem is that mg don't benefit from cover this patch so maxim might beat mg 42 in green cover some times

Isn't that the other way round now ? Wasn't the maxim/50 cal bugged but the MG34/42 not ?
10 Feb 2018, 11:47 AM

Isn't that the other way round now ? Wasn't the maxim/50 cal bugged but the MG34/42 not ?
i have done the test for all mg they don't get bonus cover for the model with mg (you can try ur self just make 2 mg fight behind green cover they will get suppressed), after futher testing i found out that mg42 and 34 show the green shield but only 50% of the time get cover so they are still bugged
10 Feb 2018, 22:34 PM

Lol, I know that video was from 2013, read original post please. It's my video.

Well, if it's a cover/no cover issue, that should be fixed, expensive bundled grenades should not do that little damage. And maybe change the arc back to the way it was on release, they're really damn hard to flank now, best you can do is get a nade in and retreat. They're just too durable.

I'm just playing Sov to troll now anyway. I can't believe I'd ever say this, but US and Brit feel a lot more balanced now.

But Sov has been OP from release, it never seems to change. They've always got something. It's the cheese faction, but it used to be the cheese was more high risk/reward, now they're just a very good combined arms army with crucial edges over all the other factions.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★