Login

russian armor

OKW is weak after winter balance

29 Jan 2018, 17:15 PM

So Far, all of my level are up to 16 except to OKW.

This faction is to weak to play. You have to be more caution and more skill to against the same level opponents.

I am considering to quit this faction. Never. Ever.
by the way, it is suck that no fuel or ammo cap.
29 Jan 2018, 17:24 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2018, 17:15 PMHowie
So Far, all of my level are up to 16 except to OKW.

This faction is to weak to play. You have to be more caution and more skill to against the same level opponents.

I am considering to quit this faction. Never. Ever.
by the way, it is suck that no fuel or ammo cap.

Hey there Howie, what about the faction are you having trouble with?

Perhaps I can help address your current challenges.
30 Jan 2018, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2018, 17:24 PMTroyd

Hey there Howie, what about the faction are you having trouble with?

Perhaps I can help address your current challenges.

You can't help

You can't change anything

Some maps are designed for allies. Can't play.

All you have to know is the balance designer is not a formal Employee.
30 Jan 2018, 15:16 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2018, 15:05 PMHowie

You can't help

You can't change anything

Some maps are designed for allies. Can't play.

All you have to know is the balance designer is not a formal Employee.

I disagree, I think I can help. You posted in this section because you want some advice.

As a top 10 OKW player (as of this post, RIP future readers) in the current patch... I feel I may be able to address some of your grievances with knowledge.

If you don't want to take advantage of the time i'm offering you, that is your call. I also would advocate you express your frustrations in a forum section that isn't designed to offer help/suggestions.

As for maps, there are of course axis favored and allied favored. Doctrines help mitigate this. As OKW I ban all city maps unless I have fuersturm equipped.
30 Jan 2018, 15:19 PM

I don't feel the OKW so unpowerd ( i speak for 1v1) like it has some unit more usefull like the AA HT or the price reduce for the P4. But yes this patch as nerf the luch. But just see Noggano who has won those game sunday, vs very god opponent.
30 Jan 2018, 18:27 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

1vs1:

Last Sunday: 4 from 5 games OKW won :P

One week before: Vonasten won with okw vs Luvnest as well

So in 1vs1 OKW is fine.
--> Go medic and bring the flakhft!

1vs1-4vs4:

OKW is good in forgiving! If you lose 2 squad as wehrmacht you are are RIP.OKW does not matter^^

30 Jan 2018, 18:49 PM

Ive went from playing allies 90% of the time (pre patch) to playing Germans 90% of the time and im winning 90% of the time.

Dont really see any issue besides minor ones (perhaps okw should get caches now, ppsh cons could get a slight dps tunedown)

Allies were in a generally worse spot before the update, coh has never been this good imo

In general my tip for you is playing the allies and learn their weaknesses that way
30 Jan 2018, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

Ive went from playing allies 90% of the time (pre patch) to playing Germans 90% of the time and im winning 90% of the time.

Dont really see any issue besides minor ones (perhaps okw should get caches now,

Allies were in a generally worse spot before the update, coh has never been this good imo

In general my tip for you is playing the allies and learn their weaknesses that way

I think this needs reflecting on more, whilst there is still much that could be changed and a few things that should be changed (last vestiges of cheese, ai bugs) overall the patch has removed lots of really annoying stuff and levelled the field in many areas. IMO mostly the stuff that is frustrating is stuff that was always a bit annoying and may only be a problem now because in the past there was some op cheese that could eclipse it. I feel that besides some bug fixing a final gentle tweak pass patch would put it in a state about as good as it’s going to get. I caveat this with the fact I am a noob
30 Jan 2018, 20:48 PM

Hi Howie,

I recommend you to post a replay, when you've lost a game as OKW here.

I am sure, that here are many Strategists waiting here like vultures just to review your game and help you :D
31 Jan 2018, 00:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

1vs1:

Last Sunday: 4 from 5 games OKW won :P

One week before: Vonasten won with okw vs Luvnest as well

So in 1vs1 OKW is fine.
--> Go medic and bring the flakhft!

1vs1-4vs4:

OKW is good in forgiving! If you lose 2 squad as wehrmacht you are are RIP.OKW does not matter^^

To be fair, most maps favor the axis spawn (spawn number 2), often times extremely heavily.
31 Jan 2018, 04:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2018, 19:29 PMArray

I think this needs reflecting on more, whilst there is still much that could be changed and a few things that should be changed (last vestiges of cheese, ai bugs) overall the patch has removed lots of really annoying stuff and levelled the field in many areas. IMO mostly the stuff that is frustrating is stuff that was always a bit annoying and may only be a problem now because in the past there was some op cheese that could eclipse it. I feel that besides some bug fixing a final gentle tweak pass patch would put it in a state about as good as it’s going to get. I caveat this with the fact I am a noob

I agree. For the most part, coh2 is in the best spot its ever been in since I've been playing it.
9 Feb 2018, 15:06 PM

yeeee, I don't think he is looking for advice.

@Howie I can recommend the steam forums for you.
9 Feb 2018, 15:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Troyd looking helpful :wub: I'm still looking for an OKW strategy in 1v1 that does not require AAHT and works through midgame. As far as trading blow for blow with allies you eventually lose due to unit costs/efficiency ratio + popcap etc.
10 Feb 2018, 15:58 PM

Hi Howie,

I recommend you to post a replay, when you've lost a game as OKW here.

I am sure, that here are many Strategists waiting here like vultures just to review your game and help you :D

Your text..

Here is the replay

15 Feb 2018, 22:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 15:58 PMHowie

Your text..

Here is the replay

Hey there Howie, some things I noticed in your replay.

• you didn't use the OKW flak half track in your first game. This unit invaluable for early game control and destroying allied aircraft late game. Med bases also synergize extremly well with an OST partner.
  • Your early mid game build in the second game was actually great - late game transition awful though.
  • Don't build IR halftracks, they are a waste of pop cap (unless you're dominating).
  • Don't build an MG early if you have a halftrack - they are basically the same thing. Ifyou lose the halftrack, by all means get an MG.
  • Use ISG smoke to shutdown MGs. In your second game you couldve taken the right side so many times with smoking the building then pushing in.
  • Build obers, they are cheap as fuck now and shit kick allied infantry. Your volks will eventually bleed out, so replace them with units that can carry you late game.
  • Select your doctrines earlier,the OKW stock army isn't really enough right now.
  • Don't build P4s if you already have a bunch of anti infantry (4 volks, mg + FHT) get a panther or JP4 to round out your AT.

19 Feb 2018, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2018, 22:29 PMTroyd
  • Build obers, they are cheap as fuck now and shit kick allied infantry. Your volks will eventually bleed out, so replace them with units that can carry you late game.

If Troyd is throwing out expletives like this, you better take his advice because he means it.

The Flak Half Track is the way to go most of the time for me also. And every game I am always amazed how many infantry kills my Panther has. It will not stop a blob but it bleeds the enemy slowly. I also run the panther acceleration bulletin to help keep it alive because my micro is very bad :foreveralone:
27 Feb 2018, 10:33 AM

Fuc game balance

Now I back to Lv. 16

Retarded game balance and matchmaking :nahnah:

28 Feb 2018, 00:39 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 10:33 AMHowie
Fuc game balance

Now I back to Lv. 16

Retarded game balance and matchmaking :nahnah:

You won all of these games; and are still complaining?

Further did any of the advice provided by people in this thread help?

Game 1:

• At 17 Minutes, you had enough for a medium tank. Build one.
  • I get you were waiting for command panther, but you had enough to have two tanks out by the time you were using that thing alot

Game 2:

• Played well, but would've avoided 4 volks and given map control put down an earlier schwer and got double ober out
  • Still worked out regardless.

Game 3:

• Played well, actually built your tanks when needed and used fuel.
  • Just remember to transition to obers in the late game.

28 Feb 2018, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2018, 00:39 AMTroyd

You won all of these games; and are still complaining?

Further did any of the advice provided by people in this thread help?

Game 1:

• At 17 Minutes, you had enough for a medium tank. Build one.
  • I get you were waiting for command panther, but you had enough to have two tanks out by the time you were using that thing alot

Game 2:

• Played well, but would've avoided 4 volks and given map control put down an earlier schwer and got double ober out
  • Still worked out regardless.

Game 3:

• Played well, actually built your tanks when needed and used fuel.
  • Just remember to transition to obers in the late game.

I don't know.

Because the balance is really suck especially when 2 OKW VS. Mix Allies

Only that I can 1 VS. 2 to get the streak done.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★