Login

russian armor

What defines a cost effective unit?

28 Jan 2018, 03:17 AM

??? What defines a cost effective unit in CoH 2 ???
28 Jan 2018, 03:48 AM

Cost-effectiveness means that for the resources you put into the unit you gain more from forcing the other player to use his resources against the unit.

For example, Ostruppen Cheap and cant really duel against other infantry but map control and the mp bleed outweighs the reinforcement cost of manpower that you need for ostruppen
28 Jan 2018, 23:33 PM

Cost-effectiveness means that for the resources you put into the unit you gain more from forcing the other player to use his resources against the unit.

For example, Ostruppen Cheap and cant really duel against other infantry but map control and the mp bleed outweighs the reinforcement cost of manpower that you need for ostruppen

If you gained more, wouldn't that unit be considered as "over powered"? Unless you meant that a unit performed well for it's price, not that it over or under performed.
29 Jan 2018, 02:53 AM

If you gained more, wouldn't that unit be considered as "over powered"? Unless you meant that a unit performed well for it's price, not that it over or under performed.

Definitely becomes an issue because of how that works, for example, the old RE bar spam or Royal Engi Anvil Vickers spam was op because of how cost-effective the units were and therefore would ultimately cause the opponent to bleed so much more resources than you do.

And yes I more so meant well and that over time you gain back the resources you spent on the unit.
29 Jan 2018, 06:21 AM
Donator 11

A unit can be cost effective or not depending on the army composition of your opponent, map and so on. Its not generally cost effective but in some specific situation. If it was always cost effective, then yeah, it would be overpowered. But I can't think of any unit that is always a good idea to build.
29 Jan 2018, 07:53 AM

A unit can be cost effective or not depending on the army composition of your opponent, map and so on. Its not generally cost effective but in some specific situation. If it was always cost effective, then yeah, it would be overpowered. But I can't think of any unit that is always a good idea to build.

Yup, you're right. Think about pak40, the unit is cost effective if there is tanks, not if you face only infantry.
However riflemen, volks, grenadiers or tommies are always a good idea to build :D
29 Jan 2018, 08:25 AM

cost-effective, well I would just see it as "worth the resources".

Things get more complicated when you go into details, and therefor I stick with my definition.
29 Jan 2018, 08:34 AM

I think OP wants to know from the post game stats how efficency is calculated.
29 Jan 2018, 08:47 AM

If one compares the Stug and the Panther, the Stug is more cost efficient unit than the Panther because it can counter the same vehicles at cheaper cost and tech cost.

That translates that their little reason to invest in Panther unless you have allot of fuel to spare.
29 Jan 2018, 14:27 PM

Yes I didn't add that it performed well at it's specific job.
29 Jan 2018, 14:57 PM

I always thought efficiency was calculated through how much damage the unit did. If I build a single Raketenwerfer and it knocks out a load of tanks and light vehicles the efficiency is almost always above a thousand. On the other hand, my Ost Engineers rarely have efficiency over a hundred percent because I rarely use them in combat. I guess any unit can be cost effective if you let it survive in combat long enough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★