Login

russian armor

Flags and sandbags question

22 Jan 2018, 16:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Why on some territory points can you place sandbags literally on the territory point, but on others you can't even get the sandbags near it? It's not game breaking, but it does mean you need to wire certain points more than others, and just feels overall inconsistant.
22 Jan 2018, 16:59 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Why on some territory points can you place sandbags literally on the territory point, but on others you can't even get the sandbags near it? It's not game breaking, but it does mean you need to wire certain points more than others, and just feels overall inconsistant.

Most likely due to what space on the grid it actually takes up, especially with VPS. This is because the visual aspect of the object does not entirely line up with where the object is. So sometimes a VP, for example can take up to a 3x3 grid, where if you move it very slightly, if at all, it will take up a 3x4 grid. This is true with all objects in CoH2, or the essence engine in general.
22 Jan 2018, 17:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

To add, just for anyone reading who doesnt already know: you can place/clip sandbags inside regular territory point and victory point flags, but fuel and munitions point flags seem to have a sort of clearance area around them in which you cannot place sandbags.
22 Jan 2018, 18:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

To add, just for anyone reading who doesnt already know: you can place/clip sandbags inside regular territory point and victory point flags, but fuel and munitions point flags seem to have a sort of clearance area around them in which you cannot place sandbags.

I think this is what I mean. But I can't recall if it's fuel and munitions points.
22 Jan 2018, 19:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think this is what I mean. But I can't recall if it's fuel and munitions points.

It's both.
22 Jan 2018, 19:20 PM
Donator 22

you can place/clip sandbags inside regular territory point and victory point flags

holy shit! thx!
25 Jan 2018, 03:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Its probably because normal territory points dont have that exclusion space due to build-able supply caches. Its probably something with the impass or actual size of the point itself.
25 Jan 2018, 09:30 AM

For Victory Point, when you play in Annihilate mode, it will turn into normal strategic point, which lead back to ^above^ case.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak