Login

russian armor

What is the weakness from Jackson?

PAGES (13)down
11 Jan 2018, 11:15 AM

M-36 has the highest mobility of 60 range TD, has a turret, one of the highest moving modifier, a high penetration and 360 sight radius bonus.

wekaness from:

Jagdpz4: can only see to in a little part on front, is slow, no turrent, flankable, not usefull in urban maps
su76: no armor, no hp, no turrent, flankable
su85: can only see to in a little part on front, no turrent, flankable, not usefull in urban
firefly: flankable, less armor and HP
Jackson: ....

what is the wekaness from jackson?
11 Jan 2018, 11:57 AM

wekaness from:

Jagdpz4: can only see to in a little part on front, is slow, no turrent, flankable, not usefull in urban maps
su76: no armor, no hp, no turrent, flankable
su85: can only see to in a little part on front, no turrent, flankable, not usefull in urban
firefly: flankable, less armor and HP
Jackson: ....

what is the wekaness from jackson?

Jackson has 35 vision range
need spotter to use its 60 range
Jackson has no armor. Has slow turrent rotation, flankable.
Less HP.
Jackson has low rate of fire.

Any rush to it with P4 kills Jackson.
11 Jan 2018, 12:00 PM

need spotter to use its 60 range
Jackson has no armor. Has slow turrent rotation, flankable.
Less HP.
Jackson has low rate of fire.

Any rush to it with P4 kills Jackson.

wtf are you talking about? You know we talk about the jackson after patch?
11 Jan 2018, 12:17 PM

wtf are you talking about? You know we talk about the jackson after patch?

1) Press Start COH2 button.
2) Press custom game with cheat mod
3) chose jackson and p4 rush to Jackson
4) Make some 4-5 tests in cheat mode
5) return here to discuss
11 Jan 2018, 12:20 PM

Post patch I actually beat 2 Panthers with 2 Jacksons.

It was hilarious, I assume the player I was facing didn't know Jacksons got buffed and yolo'd his way to death.

Jacksons big weakness is also being open topped. I lost them to ISG spam before, wasn't too happy. Also obviusly stuka or werfers.
11 Jan 2018, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 12:20 PMKharn

Jacksons big weakness is also being open topped.

i can do this crap too

My Jackson got killed by bundle nade from PGs the threw it right into turret.
11 Jan 2018, 12:40 PM

i can do this crap too

My Jackson got killed by bundle nade from PGs the threw it right into turret.

Yeah, honestly the changes were a buff and a nerf.

Jackson went from 480 to 640 hp which is honestly needed because this is USF main way to deal w/ Tigers, Kings, Jagtigers, Panthers... at 480 hp it was just hilariously underpowered.

The more curious change was the damage and pen, while it lost 40 damage, to drop to 160 (from 200) it gained penetration to be able to fight heavies more reliably.

So what has this caused? Well dueling mediums is dicey as fuck, as the jacksons increased penetration doesn't matter vs mediums, it never had a problem penetrating them. But losing 40 damage is a big deal, as it used to put some serious hurt on STUG's and other mediums..

Just think about all the times those pesky germans tanks slipped away?! That was the 40 damage you no longer have.
11 Jan 2018, 12:49 PM

The fishy part about it is that it retained the 0.75 moving accuracy. That alone allows USF players to just rely on the Jackson for all their AT needs (and just spam infantry until they get there) as the Jackson is fast and accurate enough to keep kiting anything.

That, and the self sighting with 40 sight range that gets buffed to 45 at Vet 1. The Vet 1 Jackson can recons better than Pios FFS and it takes a shot or two for it to get there.

The issue is the combination of literally everything - its a self spotting unit that can tank hits just like a tank that is also faster than any tank while hitting everything almost every time, even on move and from a longer range.
11 Jan 2018, 12:56 PM

The fishy part about it is that it retained the 0.75 moving accuracy. That alone allows USF players to just rely on the Jackson for all their AT needs (and just spam infantry until they get there) as the Jackson is fast and accurate enough to keep kiting anything.

Balance changes in larger games, though I'll admit that we're now seeing that Allies have the lionshare of long ranged AT capabilities.

Su76 spam is very viable, just spot for them.

Su85 are decent now, and can self spot (and spot for those su76s!)

Jackson, again long range, need spotter.

Firefly, long range, reliable, can spot for itself usually w/ the upgrade (25munitiosn, what a fucking deal).

Meanwhile, OST longest range non-doctrinal tank is the STUG which 1v1 against all of these tanks, it's dicey, its up to RNG (except maybe the Su76.. but I have beaten a pz4 at point blank w/ an su76 as RNG gods bestowed their blessings upon me).

So this is why peopel spam STUG's, cause you can hard counter this shit..
11 Jan 2018, 13:17 PM

Jackson has 35 vision range >>>>> do you read the vet infos? what do you see there?
need spotter to use its 60 range >>>> false...it can spot for its own to 55 i thinkwith vet 3
Jackson has no armor. Has slow turrent rotation, flankable. >>> false/ right it is really bouncy for its low armor... p4 bounced 3 days ago two times...really strange.
Less HP...wuut? do you know it has 640 hp???
Jackson has low rate of fire.>>>>>>WUUUUT???? PATCH: Reload from 5.2/5.8 to 4.375/4.975
Any rush to it with P4 kills Jackson. >>>>>>> your p4 will die
11 Jan 2018, 13:19 PM

someone called jackson flankable xD, the only thing ill change for the jackson is its moving accuracy to 0.5 like most other tanks. The reason it used to have 0.75 acc was because it was a tank that HAD to flank to get kills but it no longer needs to so i dont understand why the hell it still has high moving accuracy
11 Jan 2018, 13:27 PM

Ulumulu you must be reta.. i mean axis fanboy if u think jackson is op
11 Jan 2018, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 12:40 PMKharn

Yeah, honestly the changes were a buff and a nerf.

Jackson went from 480 to 640 hp which is honestly needed because this is USF main way to deal w/ Tigers, Kings, Jagtigers, Panthers... at 480 hp it was just hilariously underpowered.

The more curious change was the damage and pen, while it lost 40 damage, to drop to 160 (from 200) it gained penetration to be able to fight heavies more reliably.

So what has this caused? Well dueling mediums is dicey as fuck, as the jacksons increased penetration doesn't matter vs mediums, it never had a problem penetrating them. But losing 40 damage is a big deal, as it used to put some serious hurt on STUG's and other mediums..

Just think about all the times those pesky germans tanks slipped away?! That was the 40 damage you no longer have.

Actually medium tanks have 640hp. Number of hits/time needed by Jackson to kill a P4 is still the same. It does matter against vehicles which don't have the standard 640hp, though, or when you're combining with an AT nade.

But the HP buff was huge. It used to survive 2 hits vs now it survives 3 hits is +50% survivability. It also matters a lot when fighting JT/KT/Elefant.

*in case people are wondering, 3rd hit kills a 480hp tank, so a 480hp tank only survives 2 hits. So while the buff to HP is 33%, the actual buff to survivability is 50%.
11 Jan 2018, 14:26 PM

yeah, go counter a tank hunter/destroyer with tanks. brilliant.

maybe AT guns? maybe infantry with pzschreck, faust?
11 Jan 2018, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 13:19 PMAlphrum
someone called jackson flankable xD

this reminds me of brits back in the days when they had the extremely OP emplacements.

"you have problems with them? lol nub, just smoke and flank them. l2p" as if that was that gardening easy..
11 Jan 2018, 14:30 PM

yeah, go counter a tank hunter/destroyer with tanks. brilliant.

maybe AT guns? maybe infantry with pzschreck, faust?

Perhaps you haven't fought USF lately. Unless you planned on ramming that AT gun through waves of riflemen.
11 Jan 2018, 14:55 PM

Actually it has 40 and 45 at vet 2.

For comparison reasons OKW PZIV and Panther also get bonus vision but at VET 5 and only when stationary...(and vet 5 is quite difficult to achieve for both units).
11 Jan 2018, 15:02 PM

Jackson has low rate of fire.>>>>>>WUUUUT???? PATCH: Reload from 5.2/5.8 to 4.375/4.975
Any rush to it with P4 kills Jackson. >>>>>>> your p4 will die

Reload 4.375-4.975 but you not count wind up wind down time like bolt action rifle
M36 have 1.625 sec add too
mean real reload time 6 - 6.6 lower than Pz4 5.2-5.8 sec

and cost higher than su-85 and Japdpz4
11 Jan 2018, 15:06 PM

again the q: where is the weakness?

no turrent is a huge weakness..or slow turning, and low accu while turning is a big weakness...

where is the answer?
11 Jan 2018, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 14:55 PMVipper

Actually it has 40 and 45 at vet 2.

For comparison reasons OKW PZIV and Panther also get bonus vision but at VET 5 and only when stationary...(and vet 5 is quite difficult to achieve for both units).

Who needs that when you have maphack truck?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 22
Mexico 18
Germany 876

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L